- Girl says she was fired over exposing how Panera makes its mac and cheese on TikTok 1 Year Ago
- David Harbour teased fans about Hopper’s ‘Stranger Things’ fate on ‘SNL’ Today 10:24 AM
- Kacey Musgraves accused of cultural appropriation–and botching it Today 9:19 AM
- Rihanna defends Vogue writer who received backlash for ‘winging’ interview Today 8:36 AM
- Here are the best PC games to add to your list Today 8:20 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 8 Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chargers on Sunday Night Football Saturday 7:20 PM
- Popular TikTok teens accused of pretending to be gay for clout Saturday 6:38 PM
- Scott Walker’s ‘$26 haircut’ dig at Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez backfires Saturday 4:46 PM
- Halle synagogue shooter allegedly posted manifesto on anime message board Saturday 4:06 PM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Jets in NFL Week 6 Saturday 3:25 PM
- How to stream Rams vs. 49ers in NFL Week 6 action Saturday 3:05 PM
- Kamala Harris’ ‘lover’ says Jacob Wohl hired him off Craigslist Saturday 2:03 PM
- Korean hair salon dragged for turning straight hair into Afro-textured hair Saturday 1:00 PM
- How to stream Chiefs vs. Texans in NFL Week 6 Saturday 12:00 PM
Mark Hough, of Altadena, California, was in for a bit of a shock on Friday afternoon. While he was enjoying a drink, a brown bear decided to climb over the fence in his backyard and go for a quick dip in the man’s hot tub.
A video taken by Hough shows the bear playing around in the jets of the unheated tub and, by all indications, thoroughly enjoying itself.
When Hough first heard some rustling in the bushes, he assumed it was his neighbor, but the sound grew louder. “So I got up, looked over in the bushes and lo and behold there’s a bear climbing up over my fence,” he told the Associated Press.
The bear only spent a few minutes cooling off in the tub before getting out to wander around the yard for a bit. At some point, it knocked over the margarita Hough and left behind and started lapping it up.
Later, while talking to a neighbor, Hough again spotted the bear, this time while it was napping in a tree.
“So he had his margarita, he had his Jacuzzi, and now he’s ready for an hour nap,” Hough told the AP.
Twitter seemed happy for the bear, who was clearly enjoying summer.
Even the bears have a laid back life in Southern California.— Sandra Dralle (@SDralle) July 3, 2018
This bear and I have the same holiday plans apparently. #FourthofJuly— William Gamino (@WilliamGamino) July 3, 2018
This is the first time I've ever encountered anyone that is truly living their best life.— Ryan Boger (@rboger12) July 3, 2018
Hough added that he made himself two margaritas to make up for the one he’d lost.
H/T Associated Press
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.