- The best new movies on Showtime 8 Months Ago
- ‘Aquaman 2’ is already in the works—and it’s going to huge 8 Months Ago
- The comics guide to ‘The Umbrella Academy’ Today 5:00 AM
- Lightsaber dueling is now an official sport Monday 9:39 PM
- ‘Fake plane challenge’ takes off on TikTok Monday 8:15 PM
- Video meme of a mom dancing with her kids goes viral—again Monday 7:26 PM
- ‘Due to personal reasons’ meme enables questionable behavior Monday 3:36 PM
- Why do white rappers write lyrics about being good hypothetical dads? Monday 3:29 PM
- Roger Stone posts, then deletes, Instagram of his judge with small crosshairs next to her Monday 2:32 PM
- People are Googling Rihanna and their birthday in a Twitter challenge Monday 2:13 PM
- Here are all of the Fortnite earthquake cracks thus far Monday 1:21 PM
- New Apex Legends characters leaked by data miners Monday 12:36 PM
- Ken Jeong falls back on crude humor and lazy stereotypes in ‘You Complete Me, Ho’ Monday 12:24 PM
- 14 artsy cartoon mugs that’ll help make your days more creative Monday 12:15 PM
- Netflix cancels ‘Jessica Jones’ and ‘The Punisher’ Monday 11:26 AM
Spencer Wright/Flickr (CC-BY)
When a bear invites himself over to backyard to cool off, it’s hard to say no.
Mark Hough, of Altadena, California, was in for a bit of a shock on Friday afternoon. While he was enjoying a drink, a brown bear decided to climb over the fence in his backyard and go for a quick dip in the man’s hot tub.
— AP West Region (@APWestRegion) July 2, 2018
A video taken by Hough shows the bear playing around in the jets of the unheated tub and, by all indications, thoroughly enjoying itself.
When Hough first heard some rustling in the bushes, he assumed it was his neighbor, but the sound grew louder. “So I got up, looked over in the bushes and lo and behold there’s a bear climbing up over my fence,” he told the Associated Press.
The bear only spent a few minutes cooling off in the tub before getting out to wander around the yard for a bit. At some point, it knocked over the margarita Hough and left behind and started lapping it up.
Later, while talking to a neighbor, Hough again spotted the bear, this time while it was napping in a tree.
“So he had his margarita, he had his Jacuzzi, and now he’s ready for an hour nap,” Hough told the AP.
Twitter seemed happy for the bear, who was clearly enjoying summer.
Why is this bear having the summer I’m dreaming of🤦♀️ #jealous
— NICOLE MACLEAN (@twtrposernomore) July 3, 2018
Even the bears have a laid back life in Southern California.
— Sandra Dralle (@SDralle) July 3, 2018
This bear and I have the same holiday plans apparently. #FourthofJuly
— William Gamino (@WilliamGamino) July 3, 2018
This is the first time I've ever encountered anyone that is truly living their best life.
— Ryan Boger (@rboger12) July 3, 2018
Hough added that he made himself two margaritas to make up for the one he’d lost.
H/T Associated Press
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.