- Bernie Sanders wins Nevada Caucuses Saturday 6:54 PM
- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada Saturday 5:20 PM
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Saturday 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Saturday 3:44 PM
- Woman iconically pranks man who sent her an unsolicited d*ck pic Saturday 2:25 PM
- ‘Terrifying’ deepfake puts Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk in ‘Star Trek’ Saturday 1:06 PM
- A 36-year-old called the cops after being booted from parents’ phone plan Saturday 12:16 PM
- People think novelist Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus in 1981 thriller Saturday 10:22 AM
- Twitter suspends 70 pro-Bloomberg accounts Saturday 9:15 AM
- In documentary ‘Modern Whore,’ a former escort takes control of her own narrative Saturday 6:30 AM
- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
Mark Hough, of Altadena, California, was in for a bit of a shock on Friday afternoon. While he was enjoying a drink, a brown bear decided to climb over the fence in his backyard and go for a quick dip in the man’s hot tub.
A video taken by Hough shows the bear playing around in the jets of the unheated tub and, by all indications, thoroughly enjoying itself.
When Hough first heard some rustling in the bushes, he assumed it was his neighbor, but the sound grew louder. “So I got up, looked over in the bushes and lo and behold there’s a bear climbing up over my fence,” he told the Associated Press.
The bear only spent a few minutes cooling off in the tub before getting out to wander around the yard for a bit. At some point, it knocked over the margarita Hough and left behind and started lapping it up.
Later, while talking to a neighbor, Hough again spotted the bear, this time while it was napping in a tree.
“So he had his margarita, he had his Jacuzzi, and now he’s ready for an hour nap,” Hough told the AP.
Twitter seemed happy for the bear, who was clearly enjoying summer.
Even the bears have a laid back life in Southern California.— Sandra Dralle (@SDralle) July 3, 2018
This bear and I have the same holiday plans apparently. #FourthofJuly— William Gamino (@WilliamGamino) July 3, 2018
This is the first time I've ever encountered anyone that is truly living their best life.— Ryan Boger (@rboger12) July 3, 2018
Hough added that he made himself two margaritas to make up for the one he’d lost.
H/T Associated Press
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.