- Every installment of Hulu’s ‘Into the Dark,’ ranked 2 Years Ago
- The internet is mocking Robert Mueller’s report deadline Friday 7:53 PM
- Instagram blocks some anti-vax hashtags—but still has far to go Friday 6:20 PM
- Study: Netflix released more originals than licensed titles last year Friday 2:26 PM
- Laura Ingraham, Dinesh D’Souza slam journalist for having a job Friday 1:40 PM
- Netflix is testing a cheap-as-hell mobile-only plan Friday 1:08 PM
- Astrology app Co-Star’s bizarre push notifications are now a meme Friday 12:18 PM
- ‘The Dirt’ offers a sanitized history of Mötley Crüe—but why? Friday 11:42 AM
- ‘The Dirt’ director Jeff Tremaine on Mötley Crüe’s long, difficult road to Netflix Friday 11:30 AM
- Here’s video of yet another alleged gunman looking for YouTuber Adam22 Friday 11:09 AM
- 12 mugs that are absolutely purr-fect for cat enthusiasts Friday 10:58 AM
- Jared Kushner used WhatsApp for official White House business Friday 10:50 AM
- Unsettled Tom memes are on the rise Friday 10:36 AM
- Trans student nominated for prom king told by administration to run for queen Friday 10:07 AM
- Trump turns on his favorite cable news network Friday 8:56 AM
The internet is buying a vibrator for the ‘Bachelor’ contestant who’s never had an orgasm
We have a feeling this is going to be more useful than that ‘fantasy suite’ date
In Monday night’s episode of The Bachelor, one of the three finalists explained that she was nervous for her “overnight” date with Nick Viall for a couple of reasons. Raven Gates, a 25-year-old Hoxie, Arkansas native, has only been intimate with one boyfriend, and she’s never had an orgasm.
While the producers jumped on the opportunity to chop and screw the vulnerable finalist’s commentary to create a cliffhanger ending, Bachelor fan and comedian/writer April Lavalle sprang into action.
Lavalle launched a GoFundMe with the modest goal of raising $60 to purchase Gates a Hitachi Magic Wand. Lavalle writes:
Raven, don’t rely on some dude to give you your first orgasm. Knowing what you like and what makes you cum will make your future sexual experiences with men (or women, I don’t know your life) more positive. You first have to understand what you like and want in bed before you can expect others to do it for you. So, to put it blunty, you need to masturbate, Raven. Flick the bean. Low-five yourself. Sing Slip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah.
A lot. DIY, trial and error style. Turn on the Magic Mike XXL Trailer and do what you gotta do, girl.
While the GoFundMe’s tone is humorous, Lavalle is one hundred percent sincere about offering the gift of self-love to Gates. With her consent, of course.
Lavalle told the Daily Dot, “I would like her consent before sending her the Hitachi. I imagine that would be a weird thing to receive unsolicited.”
Lavalle has faith in the power of the Hitachi, but she can’t say the same for Nick Viall: “I firmly believe that Nick is just as beige in bed as he is in life, and with the added pressure of the show and being Raven’s first potential orgasm-giver, there is pretty much no way he is going to make this girl [orgasm].”
The Hitachi, on the other hand, is as close as you can get to a sure thing. Explained Lavalle, “If you don’t like it for sex things, you can use it to get knots out of your back. And you can tell your parents it’s just a personal massager.”
Lavalle carefully outlines the cost of the item which retails for $45.13 on Amazon. The rest of the money will go to shipping.
She added, “If we surpass the goal, I will get her some lube and a subscription to the porn site of her choice.”
Bachelor romances have notoriously low success rates, but we have a feeling this campaign could indeed have a happy ending.
According to the campaign page, if Lavalle cannot deliver the Hitachi to Gates, all proceeds will go to Planned Parenthood.
Nayomi Reghay is a frequent contributor to the Daily Dot, covering body positivity, feminism, sex, relationships, and gender. She is also the author of the advice column “Swipe This!” A former New York Teaching Fellow, her writing has been featured in Reductress, Rolling Stone, Mic, Someecards, and more.