- ‘Penis fish’ memes erupt after worms wash up on California coast Friday 5:58 PM
- Why Britons are tweeting ‘Little England’ in wake of the U.K. election Friday 3:22 PM
- Net neutrality advocates ask for rehearing on federal court decision Friday 2:29 PM
- Americans are sharing their #PrivateHealthLIFEhacks to help Brits Friday 2:28 PM
- Warren, Sanders, Yang pledge to skip next week’s debate over union dispute Friday 2:12 PM
- How to watch tonight’s Nets vs. Raptors matchup on NBA TV Friday 2:00 PM
- Alt-right comedian Owen Benjamin banned from Instagram over anti-Semitic memes Friday 1:55 PM
- TikTok teens are procrastinating with #FinalsWeek Friday 1:46 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ takes on a prison break in episode 6 Friday 1:30 PM
- Nick Cannon vs. Eminem battle expected to escalate after ‘off-limits’ daughter diss Friday 12:50 PM
- Laura Loomer vehemently denies being author of new Laura Loomer-themed action novel Friday 12:30 PM
- PewDiePie’s poop-inspired game gets banned by Apple Friday 11:29 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ showrunners to adapt ‘Lovecraft’ graphic novel to screen Friday 11:00 AM
- The 50 memes that defined the decade Friday 10:45 AM
- Venmo users are getting harassed with fraudulent payment requests Friday 10:38 AM
Taking the traditional route and unveiling your unborn baby’s gender only to your friends and loved ones… isn’t the way to do it in the age of social media. The more creative and original the better, right?
Well, sometimes that isn’t the case. This baby announcement has a lot of people confused, because it features a couple shooting at a box filled with explosives and colored chalk that reveals the child’s gender.
The woman who posted this isn’t the one shown in the pictures, but a lot of people originally assumed she was. Even now, she’s getting comments from folks who just can’t understand why the fuck the couple didn’t do this in a way that, you know, doesn’t involve high-powered rifles or explosives.
In case some of y’all were confused, it’s a couple’s gender reveal. They’re showing that they’re having a baby boy. 👶🏻💙🇺🇸
— Kelly (@KellBelleTN) May 6, 2016
@KellBelleTN Good grief, what’s wrong with a cake?!
— Mrs Evans ♿ (@naked_ravens) May 6, 2016
@KellBelleTN if by “best” you mean “grossest and most disgusting” then yeah you’re right.
— Naith Payton (@qbnaith) May 6, 2016
There’s no doubt that the couple is stoked to become proud parents, but maybe next time they’ll try another kind of celebration.
Elijah Watson is an internet culture and entertainment reporter. His work has been published by the Daily Beast, Vice, Complex, Bustle, Uproxx, and Okayplayer.