- Trump accuses Jewish Democrats of having ‘great disloyalty’ or a ‘lack of knowledge’ Tuesday 8:02 PM
- 1 million ‘anonymous’ users of popular porn site exposed in breach Tuesday 6:56 PM
- Khloé Kardashian angers followers with a calorie-counting joke about True Tuesday 6:14 PM
- Spider-Man may no longer be part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe Tuesday 5:28 PM
- Robert De Niro’s company is suing ex-employee for binge-watching Netflix at work Tuesday 4:41 PM
- Intentionally misgendering a character could get you banned from Borderlands 3 Tuesday 4:06 PM
- Facebook pulls Trump re-election ad for targeting ‘strong women’ Tuesday 4:03 PM
- Kamala Harris says she will restore net neutrality if elected Tuesday 3:16 PM
- All 8 of the ‘Rocky’ movies, ranked Tuesday 2:50 PM
- Everything you need to know about the Facebook conservative bias report Tuesday 2:35 PM
- Study links emoji use to more sex Tuesday 2:10 PM
- The chicken sandwich war is in full throttle on Twitter Tuesday 1:47 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Sextuplets’ proves Marlon Wayans is no Eddie Murphy—or even Mike Myers Tuesday 1:31 PM
- Facebook is finally rolling out its clear history tool Tuesday 1:13 PM
- ‘Theater etiquette’ tweets surge after YouTuber cast in ‘Waitress’ Tuesday 12:55 PM
Taking the traditional route and unveiling your unborn baby’s gender only to your friends and loved ones… isn’t the way to do it in the age of social media. The more creative and original the better, right?
Well, sometimes that isn’t the case. This baby announcement has a lot of people confused, because it features a couple shooting at a box filled with explosives and colored chalk that reveals the child’s gender.
The woman who posted this isn’t the one shown in the pictures, but a lot of people originally assumed she was. Even now, she’s getting comments from folks who just can’t understand why the fuck the couple didn’t do this in a way that, you know, doesn’t involve high-powered rifles or explosives.
In case some of y’all were confused, it’s a couple’s gender reveal. They’re showing that they’re having a baby boy. 👶🏻💙🇺🇸
— Kelly (@KellBelleTN) May 6, 2016
@KellBelleTN Good grief, what’s wrong with a cake?!
— Mrs Evans ♿ (@naked_ravens) May 6, 2016
@KellBelleTN if by “best” you mean “grossest and most disgusting” then yeah you’re right.
— Naith Payton (@qbnaith) May 6, 2016
There’s no doubt that the couple is stoked to become proud parents, but maybe next time they’ll try another kind of celebration.
Elijah Watson is an internet culture and entertainment reporter. His work has been published by the Daily Beast, Vice, Complex, Bustle, Uproxx, and Okayplayer.