- Here’s why you shouldn’t buy a Nintendo Switch until mid-August Monday 5:11 PM
- Man blasted for making his coworkers babysit his child Monday 5:07 PM
- Pete Buttigieg’s country radio interview was blocked from the air Monday 4:35 PM
- 15-year-old Smash Bros. prodigy caught using racist slur in private Discord server Monday 3:47 PM
- Instagram users who post pet pictures more likely to get hacked Monday 3:45 PM
- Post-Prime Day recap: Shipping delays, more sales, and a scam Monday 3:08 PM
- Jacob Wohl returns to Twitter … for now Monday 1:56 PM
- How to stream WWE Raw Reunion Monday 1:35 PM
- ‘I hope Trump deports you’: Woman goes on racist rant to Spanish speakers at a store Monday 1:24 PM
- Emoji Mashup Bot gives life to unidentifiable emotions Monday 1:15 PM
- Notorious grifter Anna Sorokin reportedly blocked from profiting off Netflix series Monday 12:45 PM
- Charlottesville attacker’s Twitter account included praise for Hitler Monday 12:10 PM
- ‘Short Treks’ trailer: Spock, Pike, and Number One return Monday 11:57 AM
- Everything we know about ‘Star Trek: Lower Decks,’ the new animated show Monday 11:55 AM
- Cole Carrigan says he left Team 10 after being called homophobic slur Monday 11:32 AM
Place your bids for this rare photo of Babe Ruth pretending a baseball bat is his d**k
This is Ruth’s money shot.
If you’ve ever wanted to own a photo of baseball legend Babe Ruth pretending that his bat is an oversized penis, you’re in luck. Anybody who’s interested in such an image can log on to the Lelands auction website and put in a bid for the rare photo.
Before you lay down your money—and at the time of this writing, you’d have to be willing to part with more than $1,948—take a gander at the phallic photo.
As the sports auction house notes, the Ruth shot is “one of the most unusual and interesting Babe Ruth photographs ever offered for public sale. Incredible snapshot photograph shows the Babe with bat between his legs like it was his penis. A Type I personal photo that is a one-of-a-kind.”
Ruth’s former Yankees teammate and friend Ed Wells took the photo, and it was probably snapped some time between 1929 and 1932.
As for how large Ruth’s member actually was, there’s documentation that he was probably well-endowed (or, at least, a respectable size). From Robert Creamer’s book, Babe: The Legend Comes To Life:
And in late 2013, Deadspin discovered this GIF of what happened when Ruth swung his bat.
Hey Babe, maybe wear a jockstrap next time.
Now, though, you can have a photo of Ruth acting like he has the largest piece in town.
As Lelands notes, “[The photo] is an interesting reference to the prodigious size of Ruth’s member which remains a part of the Bambino’s legend. It is interesting to note that this perfectly embodies the camaraderie of the Babe and his teammates or actually of any players in team sports. No one else would have or have access to this kind of image.”
And no one but the Babe, after all, could have produced this kind of morning wood.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.