- Spotify will soon let you block R. Kelly Monday 6:01 PM
- New Click to Pray app lets you pray with Pope Francis Monday 5:30 PM
- Social media influencer known for hiking in bikinis dead at 36 Monday 4:54 PM
- Trump posts altered pics on social media to make fingers look longer, report Monday 3:20 PM
- Twitch user banned after telling woman to ‘kill yourself’ during stream Monday 3:06 PM
- Facebook introduces ‘Community Actions’ tool to petition the government Monday 2:04 PM
- Sarah Sanders, NRA deliver truly misguided MLK tributes today Monday 12:58 PM
- MAGA teen who confronted Native elder says he ‘respects all races’ Monday 12:57 PM
- Popular YouTube channel in danger of disappearing because of copyright claims Monday 12:24 PM
- The Krassensteins’ Reddit AMA gets trolled off the internet Monday 12:08 PM
- No, Trump didn’t break open the Pizzagate scandal in 2011 Monday 11:23 AM
- Producer of anti-abortion film says Facebook refuses to run his ads Monday 10:58 AM
- Ja Rule thinks he was also a victim of Fyre Fest Monday 10:21 AM
- YouTube beef between RiceGum and H3H3 gets ugly—and personal Monday 10:02 AM
- ‘Fox & Friends’ accidentally airs obituary graphic for Ruth Bader Ginsburg Monday 9:40 AM
These are the most awesomely bad Japanese music videos of all time
Prepare to lose the rest of your day.
If you thought bands like Devo or Men in Hats conquered the heights of awesomely terrible music videos in the 80s, think again. You obviously haven’t seen “Fish Fight” by Japanese band Yaen.
Yaen’s glorious contribution to the world of WTF is just one choice selection from Awesomely Bad Japanese Music Videos, a popular panel that’s been making the rounds at fan conventions since 2007.
On August 9, the panel brought the best of the worst videos from the other side of the Pacific to Otakon in Baltimore, Maryland.
Prepare yourself for a truly unique—and oddly educational—journey through the music of Japan as we take you on a tour of the group’s most memorable specimens.
1) “Enjo-G’s Sha Sha Sha,” BUBBLE-B featuring Enjo-G
A fan favorite, Enjo-G’s Sha Sha Sha combines a comically-dressed Japanese rapper and horrible superimposed imagery to create uniquely awful magic.
2) “Bikini Sports Ponchin,” Maximum the Hormone
If you have ever wondered what an anatomy lesson would be like on acid, this is it. You may never eat steak again.
3) “Rock the Planet,” Daigo Stardust
The lead singer of Daigo Stardust can only be described as a bizarro Japanese Elvis Presley. Donning overly gaudy outfits, he belts his way through Rock the Planet with actual planets acting as backup vocals.
4) “Shake Hip,” Kome Kome Club
Dollar-store versions of Batman villains flee across a giant runaway globe.
5) “The End of Shite,” Yuki
Apparent Disney Dwarfs go on a mining expedition in… well, suffice it to say this video is both WTF and NSFW.
6) “RATSBANE,” Seikima-II
“RATSBANE” features an asteroid strike and its devastating effects, such as 50-foot-high Japanese KISS wannabes.
7) “Usotsuki Heaven,” Rolly Teranishi
In this video, Rolly Teranishi displays his eccentricity for appalling fashion while rocking out inside a pack of Fruit Stripe Gum, because where else would you rock out if you were Rolly Teranishi?
8) “Nijigen Complex,” My Dragon
Cosplay from the apocalypse.
9) “4 Little Joeys,” Kiiiiiii
Enjoy watching this band pound on superimposed MS Paint cupcakes as if they were drums.
10) “Drinkin’Boys,” DJ Ozma
This probably sets the world record for man ass in a single video.
Illustration by Jason Reed via YouTube
Mike Fenn is a former contributor to the Daily Dot whose beats included Reddit, YouTube, and all things WTF. His work has also appeared in Forbes and News.com.au.