- Devin Nunes is suing Twitter over parody accounts of his mom, cow Monday 8:15 PM
- The best new movies at SXSW 2019 Monday 7:55 PM
- #AbledsAreWeird demonstrates how not to treat people with disabilities Monday 7:33 PM
- YouTubers keep uploading racist meme anthem played by New Zealand shooter Monday 5:38 PM
- Myspace confirms that a decade-plus of user-uploaded music is gone Monday 5:03 PM
- ‘Love, Death & Robots’ suffers from blatant sexism Monday 4:38 PM
- Khloe Kardashian faces backlash for Instagram post saying to ‘love thy racist neighbor’ Monday 4:07 PM
- This Twitter user wants to expose white YouTubers for racist, transphobic content Monday 3:55 PM
- Trump retweeted a QAnon supporter during his Twitter bender Monday 1:24 PM
- Katrina Pierson supports Trump tweeting more about Fox than New Zealand shooting Monday 1:19 PM
- PewDiePie’s alt-right ties are impossible to ignore Monday 1:05 PM
- With this blade, I protect this meme Monday 12:48 PM
- Lead actress in ‘The Color Purple’ revival criticized for homophobic post Monday 12:39 PM
- ‘Arrested Development’ ends the same way it did the first time—unceremoniously Monday 12:10 PM
- Alleged gunman tried to rob YouTuber Adam22 during livestream Monday 11:32 AM
Rival fan throws burger at Argentine goalie, delicious snacking ensues
You’ve got to ingest your daily serving of protein whenever you can.
But only rarely does a rival fan gift a player with something that player actually can enjoy. Like a hamburger. See how goalie Juan Olave of Belgrano in the Argentina Primera Division reacts when a rival fan threw a grilled meat patty of deliciousness at him.
He calmly picks up the burger and chows down.
Smart move by Olave. You can’t play keeper at an international level on an empty stomach, and though it’s nothing like Babe Ruth supposedly eating a dozen hot dogs and eight bottles of sodas in between doubleheader games for the Yankees in the 1920s, give points to Olave for not being afraid to chew a burger that had once resided in and out of at least one fan’s hands.
It’s not as good as my favorite clip of a player eating a fan’s food, as seen below, but Olave’s decision still was mighty impressive.
Screengrab via Videos Variados/YouTube
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.