- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Today 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Today 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Today 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Today 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Today 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Today 11:58 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Today 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Today 7:30 AM
- How to live stream Devin Haney vs. Antonio Moran on DAZN Today 7:00 AM
- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free Today 5:45 AM
- How to watch the DFB-Pokal final for free Today 5:30 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’-inspired miniseries is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
Rival fan throws burger at Argentine goalie, delicious snacking ensues
You’ve got to ingest your daily serving of protein whenever you can.
But only rarely does a rival fan gift a player with something that player actually can enjoy. Like a hamburger. See how goalie Juan Olave of Belgrano in the Argentina Primera Division reacts when a rival fan threw a grilled meat patty of deliciousness at him.
He calmly picks up the burger and chows down.
Smart move by Olave. You can’t play keeper at an international level on an empty stomach, and though it’s nothing like Babe Ruth supposedly eating a dozen hot dogs and eight bottles of sodas in between doubleheader games for the Yankees in the 1920s, give points to Olave for not being afraid to chew a burger that had once resided in and out of at least one fan’s hands.
It’s not as good as my favorite clip of a player eating a fan’s food, as seen below, but Olave’s decision still was mighty impressive.
Screengrab via Videos Variados/YouTube
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.