- Black man films ‘Crosswalk Cathy’ yelling racist slurs at him Tuesday 6:47 PM
- Guerrilla artists turn John Oliver billboard ad into right-wing meme Tuesday 4:20 PM
- Netflix lines up unnecessarily good cast for ‘Green Eggs and Ham’ Tuesday 3:48 PM
- Netflix drops trailer for Mötley Crüe biopic ‘The Dirt’—and the cast is wild Tuesday 3:41 PM
- QAnon’s repetitive posts are alienating even his most ardent supporters Tuesday 3:36 PM
- Noah Cyrus cries on Instagram after Lil Xan’s baby announcement Tuesday 2:26 PM
- The ‘Well yes, but actually no’ meme is here to help you explain things Tuesday 12:07 PM
- Judge orders Roger Stone to appear in court after his Instagram post Tuesday 11:24 AM
- I worked with the migrant caravan—and Trump is the cause of his national emergency Tuesday 11:09 AM
- How to watch Liverpool vs. Bayern Munich online for free Tuesday 11:08 AM
- ‘Patriot Act’ volume 2 proves Hasan Minhaj is the next big star of the news-comedy genre Tuesday 11:01 AM
- ‘Friends From College’ canceled after 2 seasons at Netflix Tuesday 10:53 AM
- Allow your wallet to be your spirit guide during this rad anime sale Tuesday 10:43 AM
- Man stages fake DUI trial to propose to girlfriend, and people are asking why Tuesday 10:40 AM
- Bernie Sanders’ website full of 404s on launch day Tuesday 10:23 AM
Valentino and Gwyneth Paltrow launch high-end Wonder Woman collection
A larger Wonder Woman Valentino collection will arrive next year.
From a leather jacket to sneakers, the Wonder Woman Valentino line features 25 designer pieces of apparel and accessories. The collection is selling on Paltrow’s lifestyle website Goop as well as at the Goop Mrkt pop-up store which will be in New York City from Nov. 23 to Dec. 24. Only 16 items appear to be available on Goop as of this writing, each with designs focusing for the most part on the stars often found on the costume of the DC Comics hero. Prices range from a $275 leather bracelet to a $9,900 sleeveless tulle minidress.
“All women are in some way Wonder Woman because they have to think about the job, about the kids, about the husband,” Valentino Creative Director Maria Grazia Chiuri told WWD. “Our idea was to do something some that can play with fashion and pieces that are a little punk and a little bit rock ‘n’ roll in attitude. It helps women mix together things that can be fine and fun.”
Paltrow also said that “the modern woman is a wonder woman” in an interview with the New York Times about the collection.
The line includes some stylish pieces from what we can see so far with its focus on Wonder Woman’s colors—mainly blue and gold—her stars, and some apparently Greek-influenced items. It would be nice to see more creative takes branching out from the repetitive star pattern used here, but that might be included in the future. According to WWD, this capsule collection is just part of a larger Wonder Woman line Valentino will be releasing in stores this April.
This small collection is doing well on its own, however. The cropped leather jacket embroidered with studs selling for $6,950 was sold out by Monday afternoon on Goop. Items available for sale on the website will ship by Dec. 1. You can see more pieces from the collection below.
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.