- ‘Lil Billie Xanish’ is the deepfake mashup of Billie Eilish and Lil Xan Thursday 5:10 PM
- Gossip account the Shade Room to launch 3 original series on Instagram Thursday 4:46 PM
- Biden says he asked Obama not to endorse him—but people aren’t buying it Thursday 3:17 PM
- Marvel makes more money than Harry Potter and Star Wars combined Thursday 3:13 PM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’: Obituaries for the fallen heroes Thursday 2:51 PM
- T-Mobile, Verizon admit most Americans won’t see fast 5G Thursday 1:52 PM
- PlayStation Vue is offering a sweet streaming deal for a limited time Thursday 1:42 PM
- Twitter reportedly worried banning white nationalists would also flag some Republicans Thursday 1:31 PM
- Lawyer of cop in viral assault case calls the crime a ‘Facebook misdemeanor’ Thursday 12:33 PM
- Biden’s ‘all men’-focused announcement gets roasted Thursday 11:49 AM
- Skillshare is offering new users one month of premium for free Thursday 10:44 AM
- Report: Facebook is punishing Black people for talking about racism (updated) Thursday 10:15 AM
- Biden brings tepid language to the healthcare debate Thursday 9:52 AM
- TikTok’s ‘chin on palm’ challenge has people scratching their heads Thursday 9:01 AM
- How to stream the 2019 NFL Draft for free Thursday 9:00 AM
Valentino and Gwyneth Paltrow launch high-end Wonder Woman collection
A larger Wonder Woman Valentino collection will arrive next year.
From a leather jacket to sneakers, the Wonder Woman Valentino line features 25 designer pieces of apparel and accessories. The collection is selling on Paltrow’s lifestyle website Goop as well as at the Goop Mrkt pop-up store which will be in New York City from Nov. 23 to Dec. 24. Only 16 items appear to be available on Goop as of this writing, each with designs focusing for the most part on the stars often found on the costume of the DC Comics hero. Prices range from a $275 leather bracelet to a $9,900 sleeveless tulle minidress.
“All women are in some way Wonder Woman because they have to think about the job, about the kids, about the husband,” Valentino Creative Director Maria Grazia Chiuri told WWD. “Our idea was to do something some that can play with fashion and pieces that are a little punk and a little bit rock ‘n’ roll in attitude. It helps women mix together things that can be fine and fun.”
Paltrow also said that “the modern woman is a wonder woman” in an interview with the New York Times about the collection.
The line includes some stylish pieces from what we can see so far with its focus on Wonder Woman’s colors—mainly blue and gold—her stars, and some apparently Greek-influenced items. It would be nice to see more creative takes branching out from the repetitive star pattern used here, but that might be included in the future. According to WWD, this capsule collection is just part of a larger Wonder Woman line Valentino will be releasing in stores this April.
This small collection is doing well on its own, however. The cropped leather jacket embroidered with studs selling for $6,950 was sold out by Monday afternoon on Goop. Items available for sale on the website will ship by Dec. 1. You can see more pieces from the collection below.
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.