- Conservative parliament member’s teabag photo spills serious tea 3 Years Ago
- Right-wing conspiracy theorists see coronavirus as a plot against Trump 3 Years Ago
- Chapo Trap House among leftist channels banned on Twitch for streaming Democratic debate Today 4:20 PM
- Meet Ryker, the world’s worst service dog Today 4:01 PM
- Far-right blogger claims Trump ordered arrest of Julian Assange Today 3:47 PM
- Reddit man wants to tell people he’s been with his girlfriend for one year instead of 6—for an incredibly dumb reason Today 2:18 PM
- John C. Reilly’s son Leo is a TikTok star Today 1:58 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: A friendship sails Today 1:52 PM
- For celebs, Kobe Bryant tattoos are all the rage Today 1:01 PM
- The internet has discovered Jim and Pam Halpert’s daughter—and she’s on TikTok Today 12:32 PM
- YouPorn launches adult-themed TikTok knock-off (updated) Today 12:29 PM
- Clearview AI client list reportedly stolen Today 11:56 AM
- Billie Eilish’s brother Finneas walks back on tone-deaf advice to young creatives Today 11:26 AM
- ‘Caronavirus’ trends after Trump misspells coronavirus Today 11:20 AM
- Conservative writer claims rape victims, trans people are most privileged Today 10:45 AM
Universal Pictures is bringing you a remake of The Mummy, whether you like it or not.
Tom Cruise stars in this new version of the beloved franchise, replacing Brendan Fraser’s historical action/comedy story with a gritty modern reboot. You can’t help but notice the similarities between this trailer and, well, every other action movie Tom Cruise has ever made.
It basically looks like Mission: Impossible with some supernatural elements thrown in.
Maybe later trailers will win us over, but right now it’s hard to imagine this standing out from the other action movies we’ll see in 2017.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor