- Looking for a Nintendo Switch? Black Friday deals are here 3 Years Ago
- Facebook copies Instagram with experimental ‘Popular Photos’ feature 3 Years Ago
- This iPhone app says it will alert you if you’ve been hacked Today 2:43 PM
- ‘Marvel’s Hero Project’ is the wholesome content 2019 needs Today 2:40 PM
- Get more out of VSCO with VSCO search Today 2:09 PM
- Twitter carves out ‘cause-based’ advocacy exemption in political ads ban Today 2:06 PM
- Disney+ accounts are being hacked—here’s how to protect yourself Today 1:52 PM
- Instagram is hiding likes globally and searching for a ‘well-being’ product researcher Today 1:42 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ opens up its mythology even further in ‘Chapter 2’ Today 12:54 PM
- Want to buy a drone on a budget? We’ve got you covered Today 12:51 PM
- ‘Simpsons’ writer accuses Republicans of stealing Sideshow Bob’s defense Today 12:49 PM
- Keanu Reeves’ appearance in ‘SpongeBob Movie’ trailer quickly becomes a meme Today 12:35 PM
- Charli XCX makes the band in Netflix’s ‘Nasty Cherry’ Today 12:33 PM
- Taylor Swift’s distress call reignites fight with Scooter Braun and former label Today 12:16 PM
- How to disable autoplay for previews and trailers on Disney+ Today 12:10 PM
Universal Pictures is bringing you a remake of The Mummy, whether you like it or not.
Tom Cruise stars in this new version of the beloved franchise, replacing Brendan Fraser’s historical action/comedy story with a gritty modern reboot. You can’t help but notice the similarities between this trailer and, well, every other action movie Tom Cruise has ever made.
It basically looks like Mission: Impossible with some supernatural elements thrown in.
Maybe later trailers will win us over, but right now it’s hard to imagine this standing out from the other action movies we’ll see in 2017.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor