- Daniel Caesar dons cape for whiteness—and gets canceled Wednesday 4:29 PM
- Triton is a new malware ‘deliberately’ designed to put lives at risk Wednesday 3:23 PM
- ‘Into the Dark: I’m Just F*cking with You’ is one of the series’ best Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Trump’s latest prop, a map of ISIS, gets memed Wednesday 12:54 PM
- HBO sends fans on a global scavenger hunt for 6 Iron Thrones Wednesday 11:51 AM
- The Awkward Family Photos game is Cards Against Humanity for meme lovers Wednesday 11:50 AM
- London firefighters’ organization accuses ‘Peppa Pig’ of sexism Wednesday 11:41 AM
- YouTuber accused of abusing her children to make kid-friendly content Wednesday 11:20 AM
- Ari Fleischer’s Iraq War tweet isn’t going over well Wednesday 10:54 AM
- Cop arrested for recording man’s genitals, forcing mentally ill man to twerk Wednesday 10:37 AM
- MoviePass rebrands its unlimited plan, again Wednesday 10:37 AM
- Former Alaska senator launches meme-filled 2020 primary campaign Wednesday 10:17 AM
- The Shane Dawson cat controversy has resulted in these sex memes Wednesday 10:06 AM
- Sarah Sanders mocks CNN reporter with ‘dear diary’ tweet Wednesday 9:03 AM
- Know what you’re signing up for thanks to these dating site reviews Wednesday 8:58 AM
‘The Force Awakens’ star walked around ‘Star Wars’ convention in disguise
Did you see ‘The Force Awakens’ star John Boyega hiding in the crowd at Celebration?
Boyega attended the kickoff event of Star Wars Celebration Anaheim, a four-day convention in Anaheim, Calif., last week, to help The Force Awakens director J.J. Abrams present the film’s highly anticipated second teaser. Then, at some later point during the convention, he decided to walk the show floor.
Boyega is still months away from becoming a household name thanks to Disney’s blockbuster Star Wars sequel, but with tens of thousands of Star Wars fans he knew he’d have to wear a disguise.
Boyega even stopped to duel with a fellow fan. His opponent is no doubt sharing this photo with everyone he knows.
Screengrab via Flicks And The City/YouTube
Eric Geller is a politics reporter who focuses on cybersecurity, surveillance, encryption, and privacy. A former staff writer at the Daily Dot, Geller joined Politico in June 2016, where he's focused on policymaking at the White House, the Justice Department, the State Department, and the Commerce Department.