- This ‘scientist’ learned what women find attractive by A/B testing his beard on Tinder 3 Years Ago
- Laura Ingraham mocks Rep. Ilhan Omar’s accent in audio clip Sunday 5:46 PM
- #ExposeChristianSchools goes viral after Karen Pence and Covington Catholic School uproars Sunday 4:37 PM
- People have started laundering money on Fortnite Sunday 3:03 PM
- Cardi B claps back at Tomi Lahren’s sarcastic tweet Sunday 1:25 PM
- Twitter may have exposed Android users’ private tweets Sunday 12:13 PM
- Leave Me Alurn is the ‘SNL’ product we wish existed in real life Sunday 10:06 AM
- How to watch ‘Charmed’ online for free Sunday 9:00 AM
- How to watch Patriots vs. Chiefs online for free Sunday 8:15 AM
- This is the ‘Star Wars’ VR experience you’re looking for Sunday 8:00 AM
- ‘Salt Fat Acid Heat’ takes viewers on a journey through the four building blocks of a great dish Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to tell the deep web from the dark web Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the Saints vs. Rams online for free Sunday 6:15 AM
- How to watch ‘Supergirl’ online for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream the NFL conference championship games Sunday 5:00 AM
Get lit like a lightsaber.
Hoth Toddies. Dark and Stormy Troopers. Yoda Sodas. It’s no surprise that some Star Wars nerds are also cocktail nerds, given the wealth of material for punny cocktail names in a galaxy far, far, away.
If you’ve been driving yourself mad counting down the days until the next film theaters, it’s finally time to celebrate the release with an intergalactic libation. Gather your friends for a pre-Star Wars toast worthy of the Force, and of course, don’t forget your “Hans Solo in carbonite” ice cubes.
Here are the drinks we thought best embodied each character in George Lucas’s universe:
1) Darth Vader
For a concoction that might tempt you over to the Dark Side, try the Black Widow Martini.
A black cocktail sugar rim is suprisingly simple to make: Mix brown sugar with a drop of black food coloring. Wet the rim of your martini glass. Dip the glass into the black sugar. You can find the full recipe for the Black Widow Martini on Eclectic Recipes.
2) Luke Skywalker
The recipe calls for blue curaçao in order to achieve bantha milk’s signature hue. You can find the full recipe for Blue Milk, as well as a non-alcoholic version of the drink, on Castles and Cooks.
3) Princess Leia
A simple pink cocktail with gold hues harkens back to Princess Leia’s infamous gold slave outfit from Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi. For a princess-inspired cocktail recipe that is also no-frills, try the Frenchy.
Pear vodka, cranberry juice, and pineapple juice all intermingle for a triple threat. You can find the full recipe on DrinkedIn.
4) The Death Star
Green grapes, lime, ginger ale, vodka, and mint are all you need for this drink straight out of Dagobah. You can find the full recipe on Lounge Geeks.
6) Hans Solo
Light up some matches and scorch your own cinnamon for this complicated drink worthy of a complicated character. You can find the full recipe on The Kitchy Kitchen.
The drink’s off-white hue is thanks to egg whites, and its slightly citrusy flavor is from Squirt soda. You can find the full recipe on Endless Simmer.
You can find the full recipe on The Retail Judge.
9-10) R2-D2 and C-3PO
Cheers, Obi-Wan Kenobi!
Illustration by Jason Reed
Amrita Khalid is a technology and politics reporter who specializes in breaking down complex issues into practical, useful terms. A former contributor to CQ, a Congressional news and analysis site, she's currently a master's candidate in international relations at the University of Leeds.