- This fish with a ‘human face’ is here to give you nightmares 4 Years Ago
- TikTok’s piercing challenge leaves the fate of your face up to a filter Today 2:54 PM
- Soldiers with top-secret clearance say they were ordered to install a sketchy app Today 2:46 PM
- How to take your Korean beauty routine on the go Today 2:24 PM
- Disney+’s ‘Encore!’ is a love letter to high school theater Today 2:15 PM
- White tourist filmed shouting homophobic, racist slurs Today 1:31 PM
- U.K. advocacy group releases deepfakes of Corbyn, Johnson endorsing each other Today 1:07 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ series premiere throws ‘Star Wars’ in the middle of the wild west Today 12:35 PM
- A total guide to bone conduction headphones, plus our recommendations Today 12:34 PM
- Disney+ goes down on launch day Today 11:52 AM
- Anna Kendrick and Bill Hader shine in Disney+ Christmas movie ‘Noelle’ Today 11:52 AM
- What to do if you’ve lost your AirPods charging case Today 11:42 AM
- Stephen Miller’s racist emails leak Today 11:20 AM
- Why was parody Twitter account Seinfeld2000 suspended? Today 11:06 AM
- Ed Sheeran lookalike trolls YouTubers at KSI-Logan Paul fight Today 10:21 AM
9 ‘Star Wars’ cocktails to celebrate the galaxy far, far away
Get lit like a lightsaber.
Hoth Toddies. Dark and Stormy Troopers. Yoda Sodas. It’s no surprise that some Star Wars nerds are also cocktail nerds, given the wealth of material for punny cocktail names in a galaxy far, far, away.
If you’ve been driving yourself mad counting down the days until the next film theaters, it’s finally time to celebrate the release with an intergalactic libation. Gather your friends for a pre-Star Wars toast worthy of the Force, and of course, don’t forget your “Hans Solo in carbonite” ice cubes.
Here are the drinks we thought best embodied each character in George Lucas’s universe:
1) Darth Vader
For a concoction that might tempt you over to the Dark Side, try the Black Widow Martini.
A black cocktail sugar rim is suprisingly simple to make: Mix brown sugar with a drop of black food coloring. Wet the rim of your martini glass. Dip the glass into the black sugar. You can find the full recipe for the Black Widow Martini on Eclectic Recipes.
2) Luke Skywalker
The recipe calls for blue curaçao in order to achieve bantha milk’s signature hue. You can find the full recipe for Blue Milk, as well as a non-alcoholic version of the drink, on Castles and Cooks.
3) Princess Leia
A simple pink cocktail with gold hues harkens back to Princess Leia’s infamous gold slave outfit from Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi. For a princess-inspired cocktail recipe that is also no-frills, try the Frenchy.
Pear vodka, cranberry juice, and pineapple juice all intermingle for a triple threat. You can find the full recipe on DrinkedIn.
4) The Death Star
Green grapes, lime, ginger ale, vodka, and mint are all you need for this drink straight out of Dagobah. You can find the full recipe on Lounge Geeks.
6) Hans Solo
Light up some matches and scorch your own cinnamon for this complicated drink worthy of a complicated character. You can find the full recipe on The Kitchy Kitchen.
The drink’s off-white hue is thanks to egg whites, and its slightly citrusy flavor is from Squirt soda. You can find the full recipe on Endless Simmer.
You can find the full recipe on The Retail Judge.
9-10) R2-D2 and C-3PO
Cheers, Obi-Wan Kenobi!
Illustration by Jason Reed
Amrita Khalid is a technology and politics reporter who specializes in breaking down complex issues into practical, useful terms. A former contributor to CQ, a Congressional news and analysis site, she's currently a master's candidate in international relations at the University of Leeds.