- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali 4 Years Ago
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived 4 Years Ago
- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise Today 12:09 PM
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Today 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Today 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Today 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Today 8:20 AM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Vikings in NFL preseason action Today 8:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chiefs in NFL preseason action Today 6:30 AM
- Chuck E. Cheese recycles pizza is the conspiracy theory that won’t die Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs Rams in NFL preseason action Today 6:00 AM
- Cómo ver el UFC 241: Daniel Cormier vs. Stipe Miocic Today 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC 241: Daniel Cormier vs. Stipe Miocic Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Tottenham Hotspur Friday 6:59 PM
- QAnon supporters claim they couldn’t sport Q attire at Trump rally Friday 5:52 PM
Watch the chilly new trailer for Rise of the Tomb Raider
Lara Croft does some ice climbing in her new E3 preview.
Most people associate Lara Croft with jungles and other tropical locales owing to, you know, the recurring short-shorts.
Lara makes a change from her usual haunts by doing some ice climbing in a new cinematic trailer for Rise of the Tomb Raider, the second game in the rebooted Tomb Raider series that seeks to make Lara less of a sex object and more an explorer who relies on her resilience and inventiveness.
This trailer is teasing the gameplay reveal we will undoubtedly see at Microsoft’s Xbox E3 2015 press briefing on June 15, the day before E3 begins.
Rise of the Tomb Raider was announced at Gamescom 2014 as an Xbox exclusive, a move that angered some gamers until it was announced that it’s a limited-time exclusive, and the game will at some point be offered on non-Xbox platforms. Without these types of exclusivity deals, some games may never be developed at all.
Rise of the Tomb Raider will be released for Xbox 360 and Xbox One during the 2015 holiday season. The expiration date of the exclusivity deal has not been disclosed by Microsoft.
Image via Xbox/YouTube
Dennis Scimeca was the Daily Dot's gaming reporter until 2016. He loves first-person shooters, role-playing games, and massively multiplayer online games. His work has appeared in Salon, NPR, Ars Technica, Kotaku, Polygon, Gamasutra, GamesBeat, Paste, and Mic.