- Mike Pence, who fueled HIV outbreak, is now in charge of coronavirus outbreak Wednesday 9:15 PM
- Distressing TikTok shows woman being sexually harassed Wednesday 7:49 PM
- Dele Alli charged with misconduct for video mocking Asian man over the coronavirus Wednesday 7:18 PM
- Teen says she is suicidal after bullying video goes viral Wednesday 6:01 PM
- Trump supporters claim Reddit is staging a coup against The_Donald Wednesday 5:58 PM
- Conservative parliament member’s teabag photo spills serious tea Wednesday 5:27 PM
- Right-wing conspiracy theorists see coronavirus as a plot against Trump Wednesday 5:25 PM
- Chapo Trap House among leftist channels banned on Twitch for streaming Democratic debate Wednesday 4:20 PM
- Meet Ryker, the world’s worst service dog Wednesday 4:01 PM
- Far-right blogger claims Trump ordered arrest of Julian Assange Wednesday 3:47 PM
- Reddit man wants to tell people he’s been with his girlfriend for one year instead of 6—for an incredibly dumb reason Wednesday 2:18 PM
- John C. Reilly’s son Leo is a TikTok star Wednesday 1:58 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: A friendship sails Wednesday 1:52 PM
- For celebs, Kobe Bryant tattoos are all the rage Wednesday 1:01 PM
- The internet has discovered Jim and Pam Halpert’s daughter—and she’s on TikTok Wednesday 12:32 PM
Watch the chilly new trailer for Rise of the Tomb Raider
Lara Croft does some ice climbing in her new E3 preview.
Most people associate Lara Croft with jungles and other tropical locales owing to, you know, the recurring short-shorts.
Lara makes a change from her usual haunts by doing some ice climbing in a new cinematic trailer for Rise of the Tomb Raider, the second game in the rebooted Tomb Raider series that seeks to make Lara less of a sex object and more an explorer who relies on her resilience and inventiveness.
This trailer is teasing the gameplay reveal we will undoubtedly see at Microsoft’s Xbox E3 2015 press briefing on June 15, the day before E3 begins.
Rise of the Tomb Raider was announced at Gamescom 2014 as an Xbox exclusive, a move that angered some gamers until it was announced that it’s a limited-time exclusive, and the game will at some point be offered on non-Xbox platforms. Without these types of exclusivity deals, some games may never be developed at all.
Rise of the Tomb Raider will be released for Xbox 360 and Xbox One during the 2015 holiday season. The expiration date of the exclusivity deal has not been disclosed by Microsoft.
Image via Xbox/YouTube
Dennis Scimeca was the Daily Dot's gaming reporter until 2016. He loves first-person shooters, role-playing games, and massively multiplayer online games. His work has appeared in Salon, NPR, Ars Technica, Kotaku, Polygon, Gamasutra, GamesBeat, Paste, and Mic.