- Conservative parliament member’s teabag photo spills serious tea 4 Months Ago
- Right-wing conspiracy theorists see coronavirus as a plot against Trump 4 Months Ago
- Chapo Trap House among leftist channels banned on Twitch for streaming Democratic debate Today 4:20 PM
- Meet Ryker, the world’s worst service dog Today 4:01 PM
- Far-right blogger claims Trump ordered arrest of Julian Assange Today 3:47 PM
- Reddit man wants to tell people he’s been with his girlfriend for one year instead of 6—for an incredibly dumb reason Today 2:18 PM
- John C. Reilly’s son Leo is a TikTok star Today 1:58 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: A friendship sails Today 1:52 PM
- For celebs, Kobe Bryant tattoos are all the rage Today 1:01 PM
- The internet has discovered Jim and Pam Halpert’s daughter—and she’s on TikTok Today 12:32 PM
- YouPorn launches adult-themed TikTok knock-off (updated) Today 12:29 PM
- Clearview AI client list reportedly stolen Today 11:56 AM
- Billie Eilish’s brother Finneas walks back on tone-deaf advice to young creatives Today 11:26 AM
- ‘Caronavirus’ trends after Trump misspells coronavirus Today 11:20 AM
- Conservative writer claims rape victims, trans people are most privileged Today 10:45 AM
You know that a TV show has hit a certain level of popularity when all it takes is an episode title to get fans to start analyzing it. But, more often than not, it’s all quite silly, as Rick and Morty cheekily highlighted in its own episode title reveal video.
By the time it hit its eighth and final season, Game of Thrones ditched its super-vague synopses paired with episode titles announced via press release and waited until after each episode ended to announce each episode title. (The vast majority of them were underwhelming.) Stranger Things, on the other hand, would make an event of it with the release of a new video that offered no context about the titles. It’s clearly the latter that served as inspiration for Rick and Morty’s episode title reveal video, which gives us the titles for the first five episodes of season 4 as the show’s theme music plays.
And the show knows that it’s kind of dumb, noting that “These episode titles don’t really tell you much” on Twitter.
Like a lot of previous Rick and Morty episode titles, they’re playing off the names of other big properties that may or may not have influenced the episode; most of them have the names of Rick and/or Morty in them. Otherwise, as with every other episode title reveal, there is very little we can discern from them.
For posterity’s sake, here are the episode titles below.
“Edge of Tomorty: Rick, Die, Rickpeat”
“The Old Man and the Seat”
“One Crew Over the Crewcoo’s Morty”
“Claw and Hoarder: Special Ricktim’s Morty”
Rick and Morty’s fourth season will begin airing Nov. 10.
- Here’s the first trailer for ‘Rick and Morty’s highly anticipated 4th season
- ‘Rick and Morty’ fans split on getting ‘half the season you deserve’
- 10 hilarious shows to try after watching ‘Rick and Morty’
16 ‘Rick and Morty’ Quotes That Will Blow Your Mind and Crush Your Soul
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.