- Is Trump defiling the U.S. flag in this MAGA dude’s artwork? Sunday 4:41 PM
- White woman claims she invented sleep bonnets, selling them for $100 Sunday 4:03 PM
- Even real cats are transfixed by the enigma that is the ‘Cats’ trailer Sunday 3:04 PM
- Wait, how tall is Peppa Pig? Sunday 1:55 PM
- Twitter suspends Iranian state media outlets for harassing members of a religious minority Sunday 1:06 PM
- Pro-MAGA pageant queen stripped of title over ‘offensive’ tweets Sunday 11:52 AM
- Marvel unveiled its Phase 4 plans at San Diego Comic-Con Sunday 9:16 AM
- How a queer Instagram is helping fight the opioid epidemic in Appalachia Sunday 6:30 AM
- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
First photos of Maisie Williams in ‘Doctor Who’ leak online
She looks like a badass highwaywoman!
The Game of Thrones actress was cast in an unspecified role in Doctor Who‘s ninth season, most likely in the pair of episodes “The Girl Who Died” and “The Woman Who Lived.” Photos from the set show her wearing a mask, a tricorn hat, and an 18th-century coat, an outfit that makes it pretty clear she’s playing some kind of masked highway bandit.
In some footage filmed at the Doctor Who set, you can see Williams on horseback, pointing a gun. It looks like this will be a historical episode, although with Doctor Who that rarely rules out an appearance from an alien or two.
While BBC hasn’t officially revealed who Williams is playing, showrunner Steven Moffat did say, “she is going to challenge the Doctor in very unexpected ways.”
“This time he might just be out of his depth, and we know Maisie is going to give him exactly the right sort of hell.” Apparently this may involve her holding up the Doctor’s horse-drawn carriage at gunpoint.
Photo via Gage Skidmore/Wikimedia (CC BY-SA 2.0)
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor