- Report: DACA recipients increasingly being denied federal housing loans Friday 3:54 PM
- Chris Christie is finally getting praise—for turning down Donald Trump Friday 3:39 PM
- Net neutrality died last year. But the fight’s just begun Friday 1:18 PM
- Kim Kierkegaardashian creator says popular Twitter account ‘speaks to the duality in all of us’ Friday 1:02 PM
- Facebook admits that 6.8 million users’ private photos were exposed Friday 12:55 PM
- YouTube reviewer heads to homeless shelter to critique the food Friday 12:46 PM
- Viral video shows Brooklyn woman’s racist tirade and violent attack Friday 12:38 PM
- 7-year-old migrant girl dies in Border Patrol custody Friday 11:31 AM
- People are losing it after hearing the end of Ariana Grande’s new song ‘Imagine’ Friday 11:28 AM
- Failed Green party candidate was secretly behind this popular QAnon account Friday 11:05 AM
- Dude gets dunked on for claiming Keira Knightley’s ‘six pack’ makes her trans Friday 10:52 AM
- A theoretical tax on Bud Light has infuriated conservatives Friday 10:10 AM
- Tumblr is back on the iOS App Store as NSFW content ban looms Friday 10:10 AM
- Here’s why YouTube deleted 58 million videos and a ton of accounts Friday 9:43 AM
- The 25 worst passwords of 2018 Friday 9:27 AM
Giant Jeff Goldblum statue celebrates his greatest ‘Jurassic Park’ triumph
There are a ton of iconic Jeff Goldblum moments in Jurassic Park, but along with his line, “Life… finds a way,” his most memorable scene is when he reclines sexily with his shirt hanging open. In a somewhat dubious celebration of the film’s 25th anniversary, someone decided to recreate that moment as a giant statue.
The 25-foot gold statue is currently displayed outside Tower Bridge in London. The resulting photos are truly something to behold.
While it may not recreate the exact vibe you might hope to see from a sexy Goldblum statue, it’s certainly memorable. And as you might expect, it’s a publicity stunt.
The 331-pound statue was built by the British streaming service Now TV, to make sure absolutely everyone knows you can watch Jurassic Park on its app. Although for the most part, it’s just a source for more Goldblum memes.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested.