- People are calling rapper Tekashi 69 a ‘snitch’ for outing gang members 2 Years Ago
- Greta Thunberg tells Congress to ‘listen to the scientists’ about climate crisis 2 Years Ago
- Maybe we should start taking Tom DeLonge seriously about UFOs Today 9:11 AM
- Get ready to argue about the alternate-history politics of HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ Today 8:53 AM
- Third instance of Justin Trudeau wearing racist makeup emerges after he apologized for first 2 Today 8:45 AM
- 6 must-watch college football games to stream this weekend Today 8:12 AM
- What is the Hinge dating app, and how does it work? Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Inside Bill’s Brain’ is nothing more than a Bill Gates infomercial Today 6:30 AM
- Swipe This! He hasn’t texted me back. Should I text him again? Today 6:00 AM
- New Loch Ness monster video may just confirm giant eel theory Wednesday 8:04 PM
- Instagram to restrict posts promoting diet culture and plastic surgery Wednesday 6:58 PM
- Apple wants to trademark ‘Slofie,’ its term for slow-motion selfies Wednesday 5:51 PM
- Fortnite leak reveals a Batman crossover event may be happening Wednesday 5:32 PM
- The explosion at a bull semen factory generated a lot of obvious jokes Wednesday 4:33 PM
- Jessica Jaymes, adult film star, dead at 43 Wednesday 4:18 PM
Ever wonder what Hogwarts would look like with “happy trees”?
Artist Mike Marrocco recreated the wizard school in the style of Bob Ross, the public TV icon known worldwide for his program, The Joy of Painting, which aired between 1983 and 1994. Ross was known for his laid-back personality and used simple colors and techniques to teach viewers how to paint like him. Marrocco was clearly paying attention.
The magic of Hogwarts comes to life in his lovely oil painting. Marrocco, an artist on Instagram, painted the beautiful picture using a combination of oil paint and digital tweaking. The addition of Severus Snape‘s ethereal patronus at the edge of the lake really makes the whole thing magical, particularly for lovers of the complicated Potions master.
- 8 things you don’t know about Severus Snape
- 9 dark facts about Draco Malfoy
- Everything we know about Fantastic Beasts 2
In the painting, the quiet lake stretches into the background with the steadfast light from the castle windows shining above. There are a few happy little trees in the foreground, just enough to really bring that Bob Ross feel home.
A post shared by Mike Marrocco (@funkblast) on
Marrocco is on Etsy, and though this particular painting is not for sale just yet, he has several up for grabs at a reasonable price. His five-star rating and comments from buyers should encourage anyone looking to purchase one of his creations.
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.