- IRL Barbie Malibu Dreamhouse available to rent on Airbnb 5 Years Ago
- Men’s Humor trolled for unknowingly tweeting Grindr conversation 5 Years Ago
- How to stream Dominick Reyes vs. Chris Weidman Today 5:00 PM
- Jennifer Aniston had a finsta before officially joining Instagram Today 4:35 PM
- Facebook denies moderating comments under Zuckerberg’s big free speech live stream Today 2:38 PM
- ‘My headphones’ meme proves our music is sadder than we look Today 1:53 PM
- ‘Time for an upgrade’ meme shows Kamala Harris’ team is too online Today 1:35 PM
- Prison guards reportedly mocked trans inmates in private Facebook groups Today 1:33 PM
- Gradient is the new celebrity look-alike app winning over influencers Today 12:46 PM
- Trolls accuse cosplayer of ‘appropriating’ Joker culture Today 12:28 PM
- Every Studio Ghibli movie will stream exclusively on HBO Max Today 12:24 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 saw its highest viewer numbers yet Today 12:01 PM
- ‘We vape, we vote’ movement insists it’s real in wake of bot reports Today 12:01 PM
- Netflix will finally start cracking down on password sharing Today 11:48 AM
- PSAT memes are back! This year on TikTok and amid College Board crackdown Today 11:20 AM
Hodor just got himself a sweet World of Warcraft tattoo
Everything’s coming up Hodor.
But there’s no doubt any longer of his WoW fan status, thanks to the actor’s new tattoo, which declares his love for Warcraft‘s Head Banshee In Charge.
It’s a good thing that we increasingly live in an era where actors are free to tattoo themselves without fear of losing roles or job opportunities, because it leads to excellent moments like this one, when Nairn shared his excitement with WoW’s parent company Blizzard:
The tattoo depicts Lady Sylvanas Windrunner, a powerful banshee queen also known as the “Dark Lady” and “Queen of the Forsaken.” An undead foe of the evil Lich King, Lady Sylvanas became the leader of the Forsaken, a faction of WoW‘s immense fighter collective, the Horde. Her story plays a central part in the WoW expansion game Wrath of the Lich King, and she’s one of the most recognizable figures among the pantheon of popular WoW characters.
It’s good to see such a beloved member of one fantasy franchise so eagerly engaging in another. After all, as Hodor, Nairn is the ultimate perennial sidekick.
It’s nice to think that when he goes online, he gets to be his own WoW hero.
Photo via WoW Wiki
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.