- Billie Eilish’s ‘Bad Guy’ unseats ‘Old Town Road’ from the No. 1 spot Monday 6:11 PM
- People think Ghislaine Maxwell was Photoshopped in those In-N-Out photos Monday 5:41 PM
- People are transfixed by a TikTok cat dancing along to ‘Mr. Sandman’ Monday 4:52 PM
- Nazi troll pretending to be antifa in Portland gets outed by internet Monday 4:15 PM
- ‘Dear White People’ season 3 reflects the exhaustion of the times—for better or for worse Monday 3:59 PM
- ‘Seinfeld’ and ‘Friends’ fans feud over which sitcom is better Monday 3:57 PM
- Anti-abortion centers are getting around Google’s misinformation policy Monday 3:45 PM
- Twitter, Facebook remove Chinese accounts spreading Hong Kong misinformation Monday 3:41 PM
- ‘Mindhunter’ season 2 offers no happy endings Monday 3:19 PM
- How to watch ‘The Righteous Gemstones’ online Monday 3:03 PM
- ‘Mindhunter’ season 2 brings out the memes Monday 2:59 PM
- Rumor suggests the X-Men might battle the Avengers on-screen Monday 2:54 PM
- The CDC is investigating cases of severe lung damage linked to vaping Monday 2:08 PM
- How to stream the 49ers vs. Broncos on (preseason) Monday Night Football Monday 1:24 PM
- Trump thinks Google made 16 million people vote for Clinton Monday 12:54 PM
Hodor just got himself a sweet World of Warcraft tattoo
Everything’s coming up Hodor.
But there’s no doubt any longer of his WoW fan status, thanks to the actor’s new tattoo, which declares his love for Warcraft‘s Head Banshee In Charge.
It’s a good thing that we increasingly live in an era where actors are free to tattoo themselves without fear of losing roles or job opportunities, because it leads to excellent moments like this one, when Nairn shared his excitement with WoW’s parent company Blizzard:
The tattoo depicts Lady Sylvanas Windrunner, a powerful banshee queen also known as the “Dark Lady” and “Queen of the Forsaken.” An undead foe of the evil Lich King, Lady Sylvanas became the leader of the Forsaken, a faction of WoW‘s immense fighter collective, the Horde. Her story plays a central part in the WoW expansion game Wrath of the Lich King, and she’s one of the most recognizable figures among the pantheon of popular WoW characters.
It’s good to see such a beloved member of one fantasy franchise so eagerly engaging in another. After all, as Hodor, Nairn is the ultimate perennial sidekick.
It’s nice to think that when he goes online, he gets to be his own WoW hero.
Photo via WoW Wiki
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.