- How to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8, episode 6 for free 4 Years Ago
- These ‘Game of Thrones’ houses are gone forever 4 Years Ago
- The 10 best anime movies on Hulu Today 7:00 AM
- Vibe TV puts a premium price tag on piracy Today 6:00 AM
- Twitter unites in collective confusion over ‘Democrats for Trump’ trending Saturday 2:28 PM
- YouTube star tweets and deletes video of his Black cousin ‘Peanut’ acting as a stool Saturday 1:04 PM
- The ‘Do you wash your legs in the shower’ debate has now escalated to feet Saturday 12:20 PM
- Donald Trump posted a world-class golf score, and the internet laughs at him Saturday 10:46 AM
- Lili Reinhart dragged the ‘Game of Thrones’ petition, sparking debate about TV and ‘fan service’ Saturday 9:42 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 152 for free Saturday 8:00 AM
- People keep calling the ‘Game of Thrones’ creators by their initials—and it’s confusing D&D players Saturday 8:00 AM
- After infidelity and abuse accusations, ProJared said his wife wanted an open marriage Saturday 7:40 AM
- ‘Jailbirds’ prioritizes petty drama over insight Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to stream Deontay Wilder vs. Dominic Breazeale for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to live stream Josh Taylor vs. Ivan Baranchyk on DAZN Saturday 6:00 AM
Everything’s coming up Hodor.
But there’s no doubt any longer of his WoW fan status, thanks to the actor’s new tattoo, which declares his love for Warcraft‘s Head Banshee In Charge.
It’s a good thing that we increasingly live in an era where actors are free to tattoo themselves without fear of losing roles or job opportunities, because it leads to excellent moments like this one, when Nairn shared his excitement with WoW’s parent company Blizzard:
The tattoo depicts Lady Sylvanas Windrunner, a powerful banshee queen also known as the “Dark Lady” and “Queen of the Forsaken.” An undead foe of the evil Lich King, Lady Sylvanas became the leader of the Forsaken, a faction of WoW‘s immense fighter collective, the Horde. Her story plays a central part in the WoW expansion game Wrath of the Lich King, and she’s one of the most recognizable figures among the pantheon of popular WoW characters.
It’s good to see such a beloved member of one fantasy franchise so eagerly engaging in another. After all, as Hodor, Nairn is the ultimate perennial sidekick.
It’s nice to think that when he goes online, he gets to be his own WoW hero.
Photo via WoW Wiki
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.