- Alleged gunman tried to rob YouTuber Adam22 during livestream 4 Years Ago
- Turkish president used New Zealand shooting footage at campaign rallies 4 Years Ago
- 8 adorable tea infusers that will warm you with cuteness Today 10:26 AM
- The Super Nintendo Pro is the wireless controller of your dreams Today 10:25 AM
- Lori Loughlin reportedly dropped from ‘Fuller House’ final season Today 10:10 AM
- The Legend of Zelda Encyclopedia Deluxe Edition is a true treasure Today 10:00 AM
- Even Republicans are angry with the GOP’s anti-Beto tweet Today 10:00 AM
- ‘Egg Boy’ vows to send GoFundMe money to mosque shooting victims Today 9:55 AM
- Noom is a weight loss program that prioritizes your mental health Today 9:10 AM
- Shane Dawson once joked about ejaculating on his cat—and people are furious Today 8:54 AM
- Rep. Steve King posts Civil War fantasy meme—accidentally mocks own state Today 8:41 AM
- Gaming company Valve removed tributes to Christchurch shooter Today 8:39 AM
- The best new bands at SXSW 2019 Today 8:00 AM
- 10 literary journalism classics that should be on your reading list Today 7:00 AM
- You can watch DC Universe’s acclaimed original shows for free Today 6:28 AM
Everything’s coming up Hodor.
But there’s no doubt any longer of his WoW fan status, thanks to the actor’s new tattoo, which declares his love for Warcraft‘s Head Banshee In Charge.
It’s a good thing that we increasingly live in an era where actors are free to tattoo themselves without fear of losing roles or job opportunities, because it leads to excellent moments like this one, when Nairn shared his excitement with WoW’s parent company Blizzard:
The tattoo depicts Lady Sylvanas Windrunner, a powerful banshee queen also known as the “Dark Lady” and “Queen of the Forsaken.” An undead foe of the evil Lich King, Lady Sylvanas became the leader of the Forsaken, a faction of WoW‘s immense fighter collective, the Horde. Her story plays a central part in the WoW expansion game Wrath of the Lich King, and she’s one of the most recognizable figures among the pantheon of popular WoW characters.
It’s good to see such a beloved member of one fantasy franchise so eagerly engaging in another. After all, as Hodor, Nairn is the ultimate perennial sidekick.
It’s nice to think that when he goes online, he gets to be his own WoW hero.
Photo via WoW Wiki
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.