- How to stream Bears vs. Redskins on Monday Night Football 5 Years Ago
- What are the best alternatives to the electoral college? 5 Years Ago
- The best PS4 games you can’t play anywhere else Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Emmy Awards Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 5 Today 4:00 AM
- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE Saturday 4:21 PM
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Saturday 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Saturday 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Saturday 12:40 PM
- How to stream Jets vs. Patriots in Week 3 Saturday 12:39 PM
- 10 indie dating simulator games you should be playing Saturday 12:31 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Broncos in Week 3 Saturday 12:14 PM
- Saudi crown prince’s former adviser suspended from Twitter Saturday 11:57 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Dolphins in Week 3 Saturday 11:57 AM
- YouTuber to pay restitution after a teen fan died copying her video Saturday 10:36 AM
Controversial new Grand Theft Auto mod lets you ‘rape’ other players
Some players have edited the game to be able to change the way players interact.
Warning: This article contains material that may be NSFW.
One of the greatest things about being a gamer is being able to mod your game. This is when people go into the game’s code and rework the assets to change the way the game can be played, usually for the better.
The Grand Theft Auto series has always had a very dedicated group of modders. There’s a huge amount of aftermarket content out there, too. There’s everything from graphical mods in GTA IV to make the game look more realistic, through to being able to play as a giraffe.
Although the latest game in the series, GTA V, has yet to hit PC, some dedicated gamers have been able to manipulate the console versions of the game and have started some less than wholesome shenanigans.
For some time, modders have been trolling the online portion of the game. They are able to change their character model to be a fully nude man, grab their opponents, and lock them into a sexual animation. The nude model will thrust his or her pelvis into their backside as if they were, well, raping them. The annoying part is that the other player can’t escape until the modder chooses to release them.
The online reaction to this new mod has been varied. Many players have expressed outrage over the new mod, while other fans of the game have been content to laugh along with the modders.
Seeing people modded GTA V to add in ‘Rape’. No, just no. Don’t do that. It isn’t funny in any way and never will be.
— Luke brown (@Luke_brown_09) August 11, 2014
— Fantasy Gamer 4k (@FantasyGamer270) August 10, 2014
GTA V online mods lets you rape other players? That’s just fucked up
— Gillyinn (@simonsaysohaiii) August 9, 2014
H/T Kotaku | Screenshot via Rockstar Games
Imad Khan is a gaming and esports reporter. His work has been featured on Digital Trends and ESPN.