- This woman said Hillary Clinton losing the 2016 election gave her PTSD, and people are furious Monday 6:45 PM
- Vanessa Bryant files a lawsuit against helicopter company after deaths of Kobe and Gianna Monday 5:49 PM
- Michael Jordan cries at Kobe Bryant memorial, jokes about creating a new meme Monday 4:43 PM
- Woman’s boyfriend says it’s him or the frogs—Reddit says choose the frogs Monday 4:22 PM
- Greyhound buses will no longer allow Border Patrol checks Monday 4:04 PM
- ‘Eat Them To Defeat Them’ is oddly about vegetables—not about eating the rich Monday 3:26 PM
- Marco Rubio mocked for filming talking while driving socialism critique Monday 2:54 PM
- QAnon believer asks Trump’s campaign press secretary who Q is Monday 2:36 PM
- Octavia Spencer has discovered ‘Ma’ memes—and she can’t get enough Monday 2:09 PM
- Meet the anti-Greta Thunberg, a climate ‘skeptic’ funded by the oil industry Monday 1:12 PM
- Harvey Weinstein convicted of rape and sexual assault Monday 12:56 PM
- Senator calls Facebook’s current election disinformation efforts ‘inadequate’ in letter Monday 12:11 PM
- The Phillie Phanatic mascot unveils a slimmer makeover Monday 11:56 AM
- YouTuber threatened with arrest after rapping about being a girl from Mecca Monday 11:55 AM
- Video shows flat-Earther ‘daredevil’ crashing to death after homemade rocket fails Monday 11:49 AM
You can play as your favorite ‘Zelda’ villain in ‘Hyrule Warriors’
Think of how much damage you can do as Ganondorf.
Ditching the tired “hero saving the universe” persona and going on a spree of chaos and destruction is awesome. Playing as the baddest bad guy of them all is even better.
Nintendo announced that Ganondorf would be a playable character in the upcoming Hyrule Warriors during a Nintendo Direct broadcast on Aug. 4. Nintendo Direct is a direct-to-the-viewer marketing series that keeps fans updated on what Nintendo is up to.
Legend of Zelda fans have been fighting the evil Ganondorf for almost three decades. If there’s a magical triforce in a Zelda game, Ganondorf has either stolen it or is in a race against time to possess it. Sometimes Ganondorf is a giant, demon pig. Other times he’s just a humanoid, evil wizard.
No matter what Ganondorf is up to, or what he looks like, he’s always completely evil and powerful, and that’s what makes him such a great choice for Hyrule Warriors.
Hyrule Warriors is a themed game in the Dynasty Warriors franchise. Dynasty Warriors games take the “master versus a hundred goons” sequences from martial arts movies and blend them with a territory-control game.
Ganondorf has been a playable character before in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and Super Smash Bros. Melee, but Hyrule Warriors feels like a more appropriate setting for the demon wizard. He certainly looks more like a badass than when he’s punching cute cartoon characters in the Super Smash Bros. series.
Hyrule Warriors will be released for the Wii U on Sept. 26.
Dennis Scimeca was the Daily Dot's gaming reporter until 2016. He loves first-person shooters, role-playing games, and massively multiplayer online games. His work has appeared in Salon, NPR, Ars Technica, Kotaku, Polygon, Gamasutra, GamesBeat, Paste, and Mic.