- 6 must-watch college football games to stream this weekend 5 Years Ago
- What is the Hinge dating app, and how does it work? Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Inside Bill’s Brain’ is nothing more than a Bill Gates infomercial Today 6:30 AM
- Swipe This! He hasn’t texted me back. Should I text him again? Today 6:00 AM
- New Loch Ness monster video may just confirm giant eel theory Wednesday 8:04 PM
- Instagram to restrict posts promoting diet culture and plastic surgery Wednesday 6:58 PM
- Apple wants to trademark ‘Slofie,’ its term for slow-motion selfies Wednesday 5:51 PM
- Fortnite leak reveals a Batman crossover event may be happening Wednesday 5:32 PM
- The explosion at a bull semen factory generated a lot of obvious jokes Wednesday 4:33 PM
- Jessica Jaymes, adult film star, dead at 43 Wednesday 4:18 PM
- How to stream Falcons vs. Colts in Week 3 Wednesday 4:05 PM
- Beto O’Rourke says he opposes police use of facial recognition tech Wednesday 4:01 PM
- Lawsuit alleges woman was kidnapped by Lyft driver and gang-raped Wednesday 3:19 PM
- Facebook and Ray-Ban want to replace smartphones with smart glasses Wednesday 3:13 PM
- Sirfetch’d is the gallant new Pokémon winning everyone’s heart Wednesday 3:09 PM
You can play as your favorite ‘Zelda’ villain in ‘Hyrule Warriors’
Think of how much damage you can do as Ganondorf.
Ditching the tired “hero saving the universe” persona and going on a spree of chaos and destruction is awesome. Playing as the baddest bad guy of them all is even better.
Nintendo announced that Ganondorf would be a playable character in the upcoming Hyrule Warriors during a Nintendo Direct broadcast on Aug. 4. Nintendo Direct is a direct-to-the-viewer marketing series that keeps fans updated on what Nintendo is up to.
Legend of Zelda fans have been fighting the evil Ganondorf for almost three decades. If there’s a magical triforce in a Zelda game, Ganondorf has either stolen it or is in a race against time to possess it. Sometimes Ganondorf is a giant, demon pig. Other times he’s just a humanoid, evil wizard.
No matter what Ganondorf is up to, or what he looks like, he’s always completely evil and powerful, and that’s what makes him such a great choice for Hyrule Warriors.
Hyrule Warriors is a themed game in the Dynasty Warriors franchise. Dynasty Warriors games take the “master versus a hundred goons” sequences from martial arts movies and blend them with a territory-control game.
Ganondorf has been a playable character before in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and Super Smash Bros. Melee, but Hyrule Warriors feels like a more appropriate setting for the demon wizard. He certainly looks more like a badass than when he’s punching cute cartoon characters in the Super Smash Bros. series.
Hyrule Warriors will be released for the Wii U on Sept. 26.
Dennis Scimeca was the Daily Dot's gaming reporter until 2016. He loves first-person shooters, role-playing games, and massively multiplayer online games. His work has appeared in Salon, NPR, Ars Technica, Kotaku, Polygon, Gamasutra, GamesBeat, Paste, and Mic.