- How to stream WWE’s Clash of Champions 2019 Saturday 8:00 PM
- How ‘F*ck off Scotland’ became a Scottish rallying cry amid Brexit madness Saturday 6:28 PM
- A Missouri officer resigned after his Islamophobic Facebook posts surfaced Saturday 5:08 PM
- Adding ‘Triggered’ to stock photos of white men creates Netflix comedy special thumbnails Saturday 3:10 PM
- New restaurant in New York has a seriously unfortunate name: ‘Qanoon’ Saturday 1:38 PM
- These are the 10 best ‘Star Wars’ ships Saturday 12:41 PM
- Google Maps helped solve a decades-old missing persons case Saturday 12:27 PM
- Teen who plotted deadly swatting prank over Call of Duty argument gets prison time Saturday 11:58 AM
- RIP to the real star of ‘Stranger Things’: Steve Harrington’s mullet Saturday 11:04 AM
- People are sharing their wholesome stories with #Hey19YearOldMe Saturday 9:20 AM
- Review: The Joule is a pricey, sleek, easy-to-use entry into sous vide Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to stream Saints vs. Rams in NFL Week 2 action Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Redskins in Week 2 action Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Seahawks in Week 2 NFL action Saturday 7:30 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Unbelievable’ examines the nature of victimhood and the long road to justice Saturday 7:30 AM
You can buy a beautiful Google map of Westeros for your wall
Sadly, there’s no Street View for King’s Landing.
Fan-made maps for the world of Game of Thrones have always been abundant. From coffee tables to Minecraft replicas to interactive versions, there will never be a shortage of attempts to map the cartography of the world of Westeros.
This week, Reddit user selvag, creator of the Etsy shop Mongo Life, shared a special treat with fans at r/GameOfThrones: an image of Westeros—as it would look on Google Maps.
“I made a Google Maps version of Westeros for my shop,” selvag wrote. “[T]hought you guys would like it too.”
Grateful Redditors promptly flocked to his Etsy shop to buy the map, causing it to briefly sell out. Here’s a glimpse of what the map looks like framed.
Naturally, redditors debated which websites offered the best, most accurate, and most beautiful maps of the Seven Kingdoms. By now the geography of Westeros is probably as well known to fans of George R.R. Martin‘s universe as the geography of planet Earth itself. In fact, geography is so central to the show that last year HBO arranged to have the tiny English town of Kings Langley rename itself to King’s Landing in conjunction with the season 3 DVD release.
At this rate, it’s only a matter of time before we’ll be accessing Google Street View as we travel down the Kingsroad.
Photo via jemimus/Flickr (CC BY 2.0)
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.