- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’ spinoff mini-series is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
- QAnon believers link small-town arrest to deep state conspiracy without evidence Friday 1:58 PM
- Instagram photos showing prison conditions spark massive protest Friday 1:33 PM
- ‘Gay rat wedding’ headline sparks amazing new meme Friday 1:03 PM
- ‘I read a gossip piece’ meme mocks Moby’s Instagram post Friday 12:39 PM
- Rotten Tomatoes wants to see your ticket stub to leave a verified review Friday 11:46 AM
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ movie delayed to 2020 to fix his look Friday 11:39 AM
- ‘Swamp Thing’ gets off to a promising start, but can it tell a convincing love story? Friday 11:34 AM
- ‘Falling on deaf ears’: ‘Queer Eye’ star sparks conversation about ableist idioms Friday 11:15 AM
- Parents are spending thousands on YouTube camps that teach kids how to be famous Friday 10:43 AM
- In season 2 of ‘She’s Gotta Have It,’ Spike Lee remains unapologetically himself Friday 10:36 AM
- Trump selling Pride shirts is a grotesque insult to the LGBTQ community Friday 10:27 AM
- Logan Paul is being mocked for pulling out of slapping competition Friday 9:57 AM
“Supernatural” star posts phone number, politely trolls fans
Pictures of kale, Chewbacca impressions, and Chipotle orders: Misha Collins answered his fans’ most bizarre requests.
This typing is too tedious. I feel i could be much more efficient on the phone. Why don’t you just call me with questions. (323) 790-4967
— Misha Collins (@mishacollins) July 30, 2013
Yes, that’s his actual number. Or one of them, anyway. After a day and a half, it’s now been disconnected—but not before thousands of Supernatural fans and Misha Collins followers had texted him and left messages on his voicemail. And yes, a lot of those messages were probably just people screaming in excitement that they got through in the first place.
However, a few people did manage to get through, and unsurprisingly, Collins’ response was to act like kind of a troll. A benevolent troll, but a troll nonetheless. You know, the kind of guy who posts his phone number on the Internet to almost a million extremely excitable Twitter followers, and then sits back with a glass of wine.
Screengrab via Tumblr/queen-luci
His fans are mostly used to it at this point. Some ended up calling him just to tell knock-knock jokes, while others apparently him pictures of kale.
Oh yeah, and they asked him to do impressions of Chewbacca, because why not?
The phone number may have been disconnected, but we can be sure to expect something equally ridiculous in the future. After all, this is a guy who posts Twitpics of himself with yogurt all over his face, uses Twitter to defend his wife’s book about threesomes, and spoke out at a Supernatural convention about the sexism and homophobia in his own TV show. Basically, he does whatever he wants. And that isn’t likely to change anytime soon.
Photo via Twitpic/Misha Collins
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor