- How to watch Liverpool vs. Manchester United online for free 5 Years Ago
- The best couch co-op video games for couples 5 Years Ago
- Pete Davidson is OK and at work following alarming Instagram post Saturday 7:26 PM
- Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker doesn’t know how to use a Venn diagram Saturday 5:38 PM
- This college student made a movie trailer to tease her boyfriend, and Twitter can’t get enough (updated) Saturday 3:13 PM
- ‘Kappa Delta Crypto’ aims to break stereotypes in five-minute Snapchat episodes Saturday 2:29 PM
- Two iPhone X customers are suing Apple over screen size Saturday 1:18 PM
- Secretary Ryan Zinke is out at the Department of the Interior Saturday 12:03 PM
- How to watch the New Orleans Bowl online for free Saturday 10:25 AM
- Prada’s racist toys pulled from shelves after social media backlash (updated) Saturday 10:22 AM
- How to watch the Camellia Bowl online for free Saturday 10:00 AM
- How to watch the Las Vegas Bowl online for free Saturday 8:30 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Rayo Vallecano online for free Saturday 7:30 AM
- ‘Runaways’ season 2 expands its universe and mysteries Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to watch the Cure Bowl online for free Saturday 7:05 AM
“Supernatural” star posts phone number, politely trolls fans
Pictures of kale, Chewbacca impressions, and Chipotle orders: Misha Collins answered his fans’ most bizarre requests.
This typing is too tedious. I feel i could be much more efficient on the phone. Why don’t you just call me with questions. (323) 790-4967
— Misha Collins (@mishacollins) July 30, 2013
Yes, that’s his actual number. Or one of them, anyway. After a day and a half, it’s now been disconnected—but not before thousands of Supernatural fans and Misha Collins followers had texted him and left messages on his voicemail. And yes, a lot of those messages were probably just people screaming in excitement that they got through in the first place.
However, a few people did manage to get through, and unsurprisingly, Collins’ response was to act like kind of a troll. A benevolent troll, but a troll nonetheless. You know, the kind of guy who posts his phone number on the Internet to almost a million extremely excitable Twitter followers, and then sits back with a glass of wine.
Screengrab via Tumblr/queen-luci
His fans are mostly used to it at this point. Some ended up calling him just to tell knock-knock jokes, while others apparently him pictures of kale.
Oh yeah, and they asked him to do impressions of Chewbacca, because why not?
The phone number may have been disconnected, but we can be sure to expect something equally ridiculous in the future. After all, this is a guy who posts Twitpics of himself with yogurt all over his face, uses Twitter to defend his wife’s book about threesomes, and spoke out at a Supernatural convention about the sexism and homophobia in his own TV show. Basically, he does whatever he wants. And that isn’t likely to change anytime soon.
Photo via Twitpic/Misha Collins
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested.