- Here are all of the Disney+ titles available to stream at launch 6 Years Ago
- Rumor: Apple to release $399 iPhone SE follow-up next year 6 Years Ago
- Sulli, K-pop star who spoke against cyberbullying, dead at 25 6 Years Ago
- The latest front in Turkey’s digital war against the Kurds? Google reviews Today 12:19 PM
- Slow iPhone got you down? Here’s how to speed it back up Today 11:49 AM
- Andy Ngo smears antifa activist killed in hit-and-run Today 11:25 AM
- ‘Succession’ but with M&Ms is a pitch-perfect parody Today 11:12 AM
- Logan Paul insists he’s pro-choice after ‘5 abortions’ controversy Today 10:48 AM
- Save your Android from itself: How to delete Android apps Today 10:21 AM
- Meme video of Trump shooting politicians sparks outrage Today 8:53 AM
- Virtual Reality: Sex, marriage, and the future of relationships Today 7:00 AM
- Swipe This! My boyfriend is addicted to porn. Should I leave him? Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream Packers vs. Lions on Monday Night Football Sunday 7:15 PM
- College students burned author’s books after she spoke about white privilege Sunday 6:28 PM
- Texas police officer fatally shoots Black woman in her own home Sunday 3:44 PM
“Supernatural” star posts phone number, politely trolls fans
Pictures of kale, Chewbacca impressions, and Chipotle orders: Misha Collins answered his fans’ most bizarre requests.
This typing is too tedious. I feel i could be much more efficient on the phone. Why don’t you just call me with questions. (323) 790-4967
— Misha Collins (@mishacollins) July 30, 2013
Yes, that’s his actual number. Or one of them, anyway. After a day and a half, it’s now been disconnected—but not before thousands of Supernatural fans and Misha Collins followers had texted him and left messages on his voicemail. And yes, a lot of those messages were probably just people screaming in excitement that they got through in the first place.
However, a few people did manage to get through, and unsurprisingly, Collins’ response was to act like kind of a troll. A benevolent troll, but a troll nonetheless. You know, the kind of guy who posts his phone number on the Internet to almost a million extremely excitable Twitter followers, and then sits back with a glass of wine.
Screengrab via Tumblr/queen-luci
His fans are mostly used to it at this point. Some ended up calling him just to tell knock-knock jokes, while others apparently him pictures of kale.
Oh yeah, and they asked him to do impressions of Chewbacca, because why not?
The phone number may have been disconnected, but we can be sure to expect something equally ridiculous in the future. After all, this is a guy who posts Twitpics of himself with yogurt all over his face, uses Twitter to defend his wife’s book about threesomes, and spoke out at a Supernatural convention about the sexism and homophobia in his own TV show. Basically, he does whatever he wants. And that isn’t likely to change anytime soon.
Photo via Twitpic/Misha Collins
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor