- Guy who wants to fund the border wall has privately raised $7 million Thursday 8:41 PM
- Mortal Kombat 11 trailer delights fans with gory fatalities, new characters Thursday 5:46 PM
- What you need to know about the data breach involving 773 email addresses Thursday 5:13 PM
- Senators fear government shutdown may affect FTC investigation of Facebook Thursday 3:43 PM
- Buy beer for a furloughed government worker with this new website Thursday 3:19 PM
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is teaching Congress how to tweet Thursday 2:42 PM
- Congressmen held genetics meeting with Chuck Johnson, despite his past racist claims about genetics Thursday 2:26 PM
- Female bodyguard thriller ‘Close’ is disappointingly un-thrilling Thursday 2:01 PM
- Twitter faces backlash for insensitive ‘triggers’ joke Thursday 1:13 PM
- 10 user-recommended sites for live tarot readings that are almost too good to be true Thursday 12:08 PM
- AsapSCIENCE comes for Jake Paul over Mystery Brand scam Thursday 11:34 AM
- Why ‘I never thought of it like that’ can actually be deeply offensive Thursday 11:26 AM
- Save 40% on the Fire TV Stick 4K when you rent textbooks through Amazon Thursday 11:05 AM
- Netflix reportedly used real disaster footage in ‘Bird Box’ Thursday 10:53 AM
- Holocaust denier Chuck Johnson spotted with 2 congressmen in Capitol Thursday 10:30 AM
“Supernatural” star posts phone number, politely trolls fans
Pictures of kale, Chewbacca impressions, and Chipotle orders: Misha Collins answered his fans’ most bizarre requests.
This typing is too tedious. I feel i could be much more efficient on the phone. Why don’t you just call me with questions. (323) 790-4967
— Misha Collins (@mishacollins) July 30, 2013
Yes, that’s his actual number. Or one of them, anyway. After a day and a half, it’s now been disconnected—but not before thousands of Supernatural fans and Misha Collins followers had texted him and left messages on his voicemail. And yes, a lot of those messages were probably just people screaming in excitement that they got through in the first place.
However, a few people did manage to get through, and unsurprisingly, Collins’ response was to act like kind of a troll. A benevolent troll, but a troll nonetheless. You know, the kind of guy who posts his phone number on the Internet to almost a million extremely excitable Twitter followers, and then sits back with a glass of wine.
Screengrab via Tumblr/queen-luci
His fans are mostly used to it at this point. Some ended up calling him just to tell knock-knock jokes, while others apparently him pictures of kale.
Oh yeah, and they asked him to do impressions of Chewbacca, because why not?
The phone number may have been disconnected, but we can be sure to expect something equally ridiculous in the future. After all, this is a guy who posts Twitpics of himself with yogurt all over his face, uses Twitter to defend his wife’s book about threesomes, and spoke out at a Supernatural convention about the sexism and homophobia in his own TV show. Basically, he does whatever he wants. And that isn’t likely to change anytime soon.
Photo via Twitpic/Misha Collins
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested.