- Timmy Thick blasted for saying the N-word in comeback video Today 9:11 AM
- Netflix’s ‘The Confession Killer’ is a devastating and well-built portrait of a con artist Today 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! I’m ashamed to tell anyone about my online shopping habit Today 6:00 AM
- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Saturday 1:11 PM
- The 15 best Disney+ hidden gems and deep cuts Saturday 12:23 PM
- Everyone in GoFundMe scam involving homeless veteran has now pleaded guilty Saturday 12:06 PM
- Boy invites kindergarten class to his adoption–and people are emotional Saturday 11:56 AM
- Reddit links leaked trade deal documents to Russian campaign Saturday 10:44 AM
- How to stream Alistair Overeem vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik Saturday 8:30 AM
- Amazon sends customers condoms and soap instead of Nintendo Switch Saturday 8:28 AM
- How to live stream Jermall Charlo vs. Dennis Hogan Saturday 8:00 AM
This fan-made ‘Doctor Who’ teaser puts the BBC’s to shame
People were disatisfied with the Doctor Who teaser trailer, so a fan made his own.
This fan-made trailer from John Smith—the same guy who made the impressive Doctor Who/Sherlock crossover last year—gives just as much away as the official teaser trailer (which is to say absolutely nothing), but at least we’re left with more than just the silhouette of Peter Capaldi.
It’s got everything people want: wonder, adventure, and who can forget an outside view of the TARDIS?
Does it matter that he’s not wearing the official costume? Of course not. There’s even a Jenna Coleman appearance, who was completely left out of the teaser trailer. But it also manages to capture a lighter and more magical side not often seen in the Steven Moffat era of Doctor Who. It may make people even more excited for the new season, if that’s even possible.
Either way, it’s a long wait until August.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.