- How to stream Mexico vs. Netherlands in the U-17 World Cup semis 4 Years Ago
- ‘Waves’ wrestles with the family drama and breaks it in half 4 Years Ago
- QAnon-touting congressman sneaks ‘Epstein Didn’t Kill Himself’ into tweets Wednesday 7:12 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez met a famous drag queen–and the right melted down Wednesday 6:09 PM
- Woman says Lyft driver tried to kidnap her Wednesday 5:18 PM
- Debunking the right-wing conspiracy theories from today’s impeachment hearing Wednesday 4:29 PM
- Maroon 5 approves of the latest TikTok trend Wednesday 3:54 PM
- ‘One month left in the decade’ meme wants to know what you’ve accomplished Wednesday 3:53 PM
- Facebook Pay is the latest way to send your friends money Wednesday 3:31 PM
- Diving into ‘The Mandalorian’s first big shocker Wednesday 3:17 PM
- Disney+ will allow password sharing—to an extent Wednesday 1:12 PM
- Black server says manager refused to discipline coworkers who sent racist receipt Wednesday 12:47 PM
- Who is Jonah Hauer-King, Disney’s new Prince Eric? Wednesday 12:47 PM
- Cut Katherine Langford ‘Avengers: Endgame’ scene lands on Disney+ Wednesday 12:22 PM
- Planned Parenthood app to show abortion-seeking users their nearest options Wednesday 12:21 PM
Nye’s mean tweets are a little different than the ones trolls usually tweet at celebrities, some of which end up appearing on Jimmy Kimmel Live. Instead of commenting on appearance or acting ability, Nye’s haters targeted science facts—things like evolution and global warming.
He took them in stride, scoffing at the ignorance and misspellings that plagued each tweet, baffled that people would take the time to tweet any of it in the first place.
The film’s crowdfunding campaign is just over halfway funded, with just 12 days to go.
Photo via Bill Nye Film/YouTube
Selena Larson is a technology reporter based in San Francisco who writes about the intersection of technology and culture. Her work explores new technologies and the way they impact industries, human behavior, and security and privacy. Since leaving the Daily Dot, she's reported for CNN Money and done technical writing for cybersecurity firm Dragos.