- Leaked documents reveal all the ‘red flags’ about Trump officials 5 Years Ago
- Elon Musk, who wants to colonize space, thought the moon was Mars 5 Years Ago
- How to watch ‘Legion’ for free 5 Years Ago
- Netflix’s ‘Bolívar’ reduces hero’s tale to irredeemable melodrama Today 8:18 AM
- How to watch the U.S. vs. Spain at the World Cup for free Today 7:55 AM
- How to watch ‘The Hills: New Beginnings’ for free Today 7:40 AM
- Inside the pornographic video game that took Kickstarter by storm Today 7:00 AM
- Why everyone wants to debate AOC, and no one wants to debate Ilhan Omar Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Trvl Channel online for free Today 5:30 AM
- Are we going to get a ‘Community’ movie on Netflix? Sunday 2:46 PM
- Social networking site Ravelry bans all posts that are supportive of Trump and his administration Sunday 2:07 PM
- YouTube is testing hiding its comments section Sunday 1:23 PM
- Think you have what it takes to be Beyoncé’s assistant for the day? Sunday 1:02 PM
- Facebook co-founder warns against Libra, the company’s new cryptocurrency Sunday 12:04 PM
- Missing YouTuber Etika’s belongings found alongside bridge Sunday 9:16 AM
There’s a lot more to the latest Marvel movie than meets the eye.
You may think you’re a Guardians of the Galaxy fan, but you’ve got nothing on YouTube user clarkkent999.
Clarkkent pulled nearly 50 pieces of trivia from the movie to create the ultimate factoid-laden fanvid. We’re assuming “999” is the number of times he saw the Marvel juggernaut in order to spot some of the details he includes in his ten-minute-long masterpiece.
The YouTube user trains his eagle eye on everything from the Peanuts card in the hospital room at the beginning of the movie to possible homages to Marvel Comics characters not appearing in the film, like the four Cosmic Entities and Beta Ray Bill.
Astute fans might have picked up on some of the trivia, like the abundance of classic ’80s paraphernalia in Quill’s spaceship. But how many people noticed that Bareet was wearing the shirt that tiny Peter was wearing the night he was abducted?
Screengrab via YouTube
Other trivia is a little more obscure, like this fact about the planet on which Morag is based:
M3IV J00443799+4129236 is an actual eclipsing binary star found in the Andromeda Galaxy and is used for Planet Morag in the film.
Even if you’re not a repeat Guardians fan, there are enough interesting facts crammed into the edit to keep you entertained. So, how much of this trivia did you already know?
Screengrab via YouTube
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.