- Saudi crown prince’s former adviser suspended from Twitter 5 Years Ago
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Dolphins in Week 3 5 Years Ago
- YouTuber to pay restitution after a teen fan died copying her video Today 10:36 AM
- Antonio Brown sent ‘intimidating’ texts to an accuser, including a pic of her children Today 9:38 AM
- Facebook suspended tens of thousands of apps after Cambridge Analytica scandal Today 8:24 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Rams on Sunday Night Football Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘NFL Primetime’ on ESPN+ Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Sevilla Friday 6:35 PM
- How to stream Peter ‘Kid Chocolate’ Quillin vs. Alfredo Angulo Friday 5:16 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Granada Friday 4:50 PM
- ‘Atlantics’ tells a ghost story steeped with emotion and realism Friday 4:16 PM
- ‘Jojo Rabbit’ is a sweet, singular movie that loses its grip on satire Friday 3:40 PM
- Jordan Peterson is in rehab for Klonopin addiction Friday 3:34 PM
- The cat-worshipping turkey cult video, explained Friday 3:22 PM
48 things you didn’t know about ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’
There’s a lot more to the latest Marvel movie than meets the eye.
You may think you’re a Guardians of the Galaxy fan, but you’ve got nothing on YouTube user clarkkent999.
Clarkkent pulled nearly 50 pieces of trivia from the movie to create the ultimate factoid-laden fanvid. We’re assuming “999” is the number of times he saw the Marvel juggernaut in order to spot some of the details he includes in his ten-minute-long masterpiece.
The YouTube user trains his eagle eye on everything from the Peanuts card in the hospital room at the beginning of the movie to possible homages to Marvel Comics characters not appearing in the film, like the four Cosmic Entities and Beta Ray Bill.
Astute fans might have picked up on some of the trivia, like the abundance of classic ’80s paraphernalia in Quill’s spaceship. But how many people noticed that Bareet was wearing the shirt that tiny Peter was wearing the night he was abducted?
Screengrab via YouTube
Other trivia is a little more obscure, like this fact about the planet on which Morag is based:
M3IV J00443799+4129236 is an actual eclipsing binary star found in the Andromeda Galaxy and is used for Planet Morag in the film.
Even if you’re not a repeat Guardians fan, there are enough interesting facts crammed into the edit to keep you entertained. So, how much of this trivia did you already know?
Screengrab via YouTube
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.