- ‘Aggretsuko’ tones down the rage in season 2 6 Years Ago
- TikTok is being used to call out predators 6 Years Ago
- Republican congressman wants to defund PBS over the gay rat wedding 6 Years Ago
- Elizabeth Warren calls for sweeping overhaul of U.S. elections Today 11:47 AM
- In ‘Wild Rose,’ a star is born Today 11:39 AM
- The Sinking City realizes Lovecraftian horror in a new light Today 11:16 AM
- The ‘Avengers: Endgame’ re-release sounds pretty underwhelming Today 11:10 AM
- Google employees won’t be allowed to speak out against YouTube during Pride Today 10:43 AM
- YouTuber Etika found dead, NYPD confirms Today 10:39 AM
- Andrew Yang is holding a universal basic income giveaway Today 10:38 AM
- League of Legends streamer busted live by girlfriend after she finds his Tinder Today 10:19 AM
- Samuel L. Jackson roasts ‘Spider-Man’ marketing gaffe Today 8:49 AM
- Trump cites long-dead ayatollah while announcing Iran sanction Today 8:46 AM
- Why a far-right conspiracy about Ilhan Omar is in the news again Today 7:46 AM
- Razer publicly shames female influencer who tweeted about being sexually harassed Today 7:45 AM
Colonel Meow, Oskar the Blind Cat and Henri, Le Chat Noir lend their likenesses to a deck of cards that raises money for feline charity.
Any other time, over 10 different cats joining forces would spell trouble. But not in this case.
Amazecats, a site dedicated to letting cat lovers share their love of felines with each other, brought 13 different Internet celebrity cats together for a good cause, including Colonel Meow, Oskar the Blind Cat, and Henri, Le Chat Noir.
The cats’ famous faces will grace a new deck of playing cards, called “Famous Cats of the Internet.” The 52-card deck, which sells for $12, will benefit the Stray Cat Alliance, which helps find homes for stray cats all across the country.
“The project came about as a way for the famous cats to give back to their fans while helping their fellow cats in need,” Amazecats spokeswoman Megan Wilkinson told the Daily Dot. “All of the cats’ guardians have been very enthusiastic about the project and eager to participate for such a good cause.”
Joining Colonel Meow, Henri, and Oskar on the card faces will be fellow felines Lil Bub, Spangles, Waffles, Luna the Fashion Kitty, Chase No Face, Pudge, Cooper: Photographer Cat, Nala, Shishimaru, and Sockington.
“Seeing all the famous cats together in one place is really neat, and something that their fans will really love, and will appeal to all animal lovers,” Wilkinson said.
For the past week, Amazecats had teased its fans about the project on its Facebook fan page, which has over 5,700 likes. On Jan. 16, it finally “let the cat out of the bag,” so to speak, and informed its dedicated followers that they can pre-“purrchase” the cards through the Amazecats website. The first orders will be shipped out on Jan. 28.
And don’t forget that Mew-ces are wild.
Photos via Megan Wilkinson
Mike Fenn is a former contributor to the Daily Dot whose beats included Reddit, YouTube, and all things WTF. His work has also appeared in Forbes and News.com.au.