- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Saturday 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Saturday 11:58 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Saturday 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to live stream Devin Haney vs. Antonio Moran on DAZN Saturday 7:00 AM
- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free Saturday 5:45 AM
- How to watch the DFB-Pokal final for free Saturday 5:30 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’-inspired miniseries is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
Colonel Meow, Oskar the Blind Cat and Henri, Le Chat Noir lend their likenesses to a deck of cards that raises money for feline charity.
Any other time, over 10 different cats joining forces would spell trouble. But not in this case.
Amazecats, a site dedicated to letting cat lovers share their love of felines with each other, brought 13 different Internet celebrity cats together for a good cause, including Colonel Meow, Oskar the Blind Cat, and Henri, Le Chat Noir.
The cats’ famous faces will grace a new deck of playing cards, called “Famous Cats of the Internet.” The 52-card deck, which sells for $12, will benefit the Stray Cat Alliance, which helps find homes for stray cats all across the country.
“The project came about as a way for the famous cats to give back to their fans while helping their fellow cats in need,” Amazecats spokeswoman Megan Wilkinson told the Daily Dot. “All of the cats’ guardians have been very enthusiastic about the project and eager to participate for such a good cause.”
Joining Colonel Meow, Henri, and Oskar on the card faces will be fellow felines Lil Bub, Spangles, Waffles, Luna the Fashion Kitty, Chase No Face, Pudge, Cooper: Photographer Cat, Nala, Shishimaru, and Sockington.
“Seeing all the famous cats together in one place is really neat, and something that their fans will really love, and will appeal to all animal lovers,” Wilkinson said.
For the past week, Amazecats had teased its fans about the project on its Facebook fan page, which has over 5,700 likes. On Jan. 16, it finally “let the cat out of the bag,” so to speak, and informed its dedicated followers that they can pre-“purrchase” the cards through the Amazecats website. The first orders will be shipped out on Jan. 28.
And don’t forget that Mew-ces are wild.
Photos via Megan Wilkinson
Mike Fenn is a former contributor to the Daily Dot whose beats included Reddit, YouTube, and all things WTF. His work has also appeared in Forbes and News.com.au.