- Daniel Caesar dons cape for whiteness—and gets canceled 6 Years Ago
- Triton is a new malware ‘deliberately’ designed to put lives at risk Today 3:23 PM
- ‘Into the Dark: I’m Just F*cking with You’ is one of the series’ best Today 1:54 PM
- Trump’s latest prop, a map of ISIS, gets memed Today 12:54 PM
- HBO sends fans on a global scavenger hunt for 6 Iron Thrones Today 11:51 AM
- The Awkward Family Photos game is Cards Against Humanity for meme lovers Today 11:50 AM
- London firefighters’ organization accuses ‘Peppa Pig’ of sexism Today 11:41 AM
- YouTuber accused of abusing her children to make kid-friendly content Today 11:20 AM
- Ari Fleischer’s Iraq War tweet isn’t going over well Today 10:54 AM
- Cop arrested for recording man’s genitals, forcing mentally ill man to twerk Today 10:37 AM
- MoviePass rebrands its unlimited plan, again Today 10:37 AM
- Former Alaska senator launches meme-filled 2020 primary campaign Today 10:17 AM
- The Shane Dawson cat controversy has resulted in these sex memes Today 10:06 AM
- Sarah Sanders mocks CNN reporter with ‘dear diary’ tweet Today 9:03 AM
- Know what you’re signing up for thanks to these dating site reviews Today 8:58 AM
Colonel Meow, Oskar the Blind Cat and Henri, Le Chat Noir lend their likenesses to a deck of cards that raises money for feline charity.
Any other time, over 10 different cats joining forces would spell trouble. But not in this case.
Amazecats, a site dedicated to letting cat lovers share their love of felines with each other, brought 13 different Internet celebrity cats together for a good cause, including Colonel Meow, Oskar the Blind Cat, and Henri, Le Chat Noir.
The cats’ famous faces will grace a new deck of playing cards, called “Famous Cats of the Internet.” The 52-card deck, which sells for $12, will benefit the Stray Cat Alliance, which helps find homes for stray cats all across the country.
“The project came about as a way for the famous cats to give back to their fans while helping their fellow cats in need,” Amazecats spokeswoman Megan Wilkinson told the Daily Dot. “All of the cats’ guardians have been very enthusiastic about the project and eager to participate for such a good cause.”
Joining Colonel Meow, Henri, and Oskar on the card faces will be fellow felines Lil Bub, Spangles, Waffles, Luna the Fashion Kitty, Chase No Face, Pudge, Cooper: Photographer Cat, Nala, Shishimaru, and Sockington.
“Seeing all the famous cats together in one place is really neat, and something that their fans will really love, and will appeal to all animal lovers,” Wilkinson said.
For the past week, Amazecats had teased its fans about the project on its Facebook fan page, which has over 5,700 likes. On Jan. 16, it finally “let the cat out of the bag,” so to speak, and informed its dedicated followers that they can pre-“purrchase” the cards through the Amazecats website. The first orders will be shipped out on Jan. 28.
And don’t forget that Mew-ces are wild.
Photos via Megan Wilkinson
Mike Fenn is a former contributor to the Daily Dot whose beats included Reddit, YouTube, and all things WTF. His work has also appeared in Forbes and News.com.au.