- How to watch ‘Live Rescue’ for free 2 Years Ago
- Roger Stone to speak at Virginia strip club 2 Years Ago
- Trans/Sex: Solid sex toy picks for pre-op and non-op trans women Today 6:30 AM
- Why Barrett Brown burned his National Magazine Award—and what he’s planning next Today 6:30 AM
- That heartbreaking ‘Game of Thrones’ song has key ties to the book Today 6:27 AM
- Here are the 11 best health documentaries on Netflix Today 6:00 AM
- How to add people to Google Home Today 6:00 AM
- How to play Fortnite on Mac Today 5:30 AM
- Feminist memes are a banner of social change on Instagram Today 5:00 AM
- VR game Jupiter and Mars thoughtfully explores climate change Today 4:30 AM
- The giant battle episode of ‘Game of Thrones’ is nearly here Sunday 10:12 PM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ finally revealed the Night King’s endgame Sunday 9:53 PM
- Sri Lankan government shuts down social media in wake of deadly blasts Sunday 7:56 PM
- Amazon Flex drivers now must use selfies to verify identity Sunday 6:34 PM
- #GentrifyingGeorge thinks 152-year-old HBCU should ‘just move’ Sunday 5:27 PM
Republican inexplicably beheads chicken in video announcing his anti-abortion bill
The video is pretty bizarre.
A Missouri state representative beheaded a live chicken in a Facebook video explaining his latest anti-abortion bill.
In the video, which is extremely low quality, Missouri Republican Mike Moon cuts the head off of a chicken and cleans the guts out of the animal as he talks about God giving man “dominion over life.”
As he continues to pluck the feathers and heart out of the chicken, Moon says:
“I think we need to get to the heart of the matter here,” Moon says, holding the chicken heart. “So today, I’m filing a bill that will lead to the stopping of abortion in the state of Missouri and I hope you’ll support it.”
Moon’s bill, the “Missouri Right to Life Act” would codify that “personhood begins at conception and unborn children are people.”
The video received swift reactions from pro-choice groups and people who commented on Moon’s video—which was posted on his Facebook page.
“Mike Moon has gotten pretty cocky when it comes to introducing bills that have nothing to do with helping the people he represents and everything to do with pushing his extreme ideological agenda,” NARAL Pro-Choice America wrote in a statement.
— NARAL (@NARAL) June 13, 2017
People watching the bizarre video—which was posted on June 12—also didn’t see a connection between beheading a chicken and abortion.
“This is… a piss poor attempt at making a point. Huge differences between this and abortion. 10 minutes ago I thought that was pretty obvious…” one person wrote.
“You are a disgusting man,” another person wrote. “You have demonstrated that you have no regard for animals or women through your brutal video and persistent rants.”
One person seemed to think the video was indicative of something much bigger than a man promoting his anti-abortion bill.
“Is this a clear reflection of the intelligence level of American State representatives?” they wrote.
If you want to watch the video, you can see it here.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).