- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE Saturday 4:21 PM
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Saturday 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Saturday 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Saturday 12:40 PM
- How to stream Jets vs. Patriots in Week 3 Saturday 12:39 PM
- 10 indie dating simulator games you should be playing Saturday 12:31 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Broncos in Week 3 Saturday 12:14 PM
- Saudi crown prince’s former adviser suspended from Twitter Saturday 11:57 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Dolphins in Week 3 Saturday 11:57 AM
- YouTuber to pay restitution after a teen fan died copying her video Saturday 10:36 AM
- Antonio Brown sent ‘intimidating’ texts to an accuser, including a pic of her children Saturday 9:38 AM
- Facebook suspended tens of thousands of apps after Cambridge Analytica scandal Saturday 8:24 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Rams on Sunday Night Football Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘NFL Primetime’ on ESPN+ Saturday 5:00 AM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
A Missouri state representative beheaded a live chicken in a Facebook video explaining his latest anti-abortion bill.
In the video, which is extremely low quality, Missouri Republican Mike Moon cuts the head off of a chicken and cleans the guts out of the animal as he talks about God giving man “dominion over life.”
As he continues to pluck the feathers and heart out of the chicken, Moon says:
“I think we need to get to the heart of the matter here,” Moon says, holding the chicken heart. “So today, I’m filing a bill that will lead to the stopping of abortion in the state of Missouri and I hope you’ll support it.”
Moon’s bill, the “Missouri Right to Life Act” would codify that “personhood begins at conception and unborn children are people.”
The video received swift reactions from pro-choice groups and people who commented on Moon’s video—which was posted on his Facebook page.
“Mike Moon has gotten pretty cocky when it comes to introducing bills that have nothing to do with helping the people he represents and everything to do with pushing his extreme ideological agenda,” NARAL Pro-Choice America wrote in a statement.
People watching the bizarre video—which was posted on June 12—also didn’t see a connection between beheading a chicken and abortion.
“This is… a piss poor attempt at making a point. Huge differences between this and abortion. 10 minutes ago I thought that was pretty obvious…” one person wrote.
“You are a disgusting man,” another person wrote. “You have demonstrated that you have no regard for animals or women through your brutal video and persistent rants.”
One person seemed to think the video was indicative of something much bigger than a man promoting his anti-abortion bill.
“Is this a clear reflection of the intelligence level of American State representatives?” they wrote.
If you want to watch the video, you can see it here.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).