- QAnon-touting congressman sneaks ‘Epstein Didn’t Kill Himself’ into tweets Wednesday 7:12 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez met a famous drag queen–and the right melted down Wednesday 6:09 PM
- Woman says Lyft driver tried to kidnap her Wednesday 5:18 PM
- Debunking the right-wing conspiracy theories from today’s impeachment hearing Wednesday 4:29 PM
- Maroon 5 approves of the latest TikTok trend Wednesday 3:54 PM
- ‘One month left in the decade’ meme wants to know what you’ve accomplished Wednesday 3:53 PM
- Facebook Pay is the latest way to send your friends money Wednesday 3:31 PM
- Diving into ‘The Mandalorian’s first big shocker Wednesday 3:17 PM
- Disney+ will allow password sharing—to an extent Wednesday 1:12 PM
- Black server says manager refused to discipline coworkers who sent racist receipt Wednesday 12:47 PM
- Who is Jonah Hauer-King, Disney’s new Prince Eric? Wednesday 12:47 PM
- Cut Katherine Langford ‘Avengers: Endgame’ scene lands on Disney+ Wednesday 12:22 PM
- Planned Parenthood app to show abortion-seeking users their nearest options Wednesday 12:21 PM
- ‘The Imagineering Story’ offers touching insight into Walt Disney’s vision Wednesday 11:57 AM
- YouTube mom who was charged with child abuse dead at 48 Wednesday 11:39 AM
Hey girl, get to know Paul Ryan
Wisconsin Representative and potential vice-presidential candidate Paul Ryan receives a national introduction via a new meme.
Rep. Paul Ryan and actor Ryan Gosling have another thing in common aside from the droopy eyes. Both have received the “hey girl” meme treatment.
A Republican representative from Wisconsin, Ryan now stars in “Hey Girl, It’s Paul Ryan.” The new Tumblr is exactly what it sounds like: blocky white letters that usually begin with the variation of “hey girl” and end with how Ryan is economically conservative.
As chairman of the House Budget Committee, Ryan’s star power has increased as the economic issues have been pushed to the forefront of both parties’ agendas. He is also considered a potential vice-presidential pick for Mitt Romney.
So, if you’re into economic-themed memes, this blog does the trick. One entry reads “Girl, economics is the ONLY thing I’m laissez-faire about,” a nod to Ryan’s hands-off approach in economic policies. Another meme pokes fun at President Barack Obama’s new “Forward” slogan and how Ryan wants to cut costs.
But if this all economic talk is boring and hard to think about, how about cuddling up with Ryan and “work up some sexy infographics.”
At least that’s something both parties can agree on.
Photo via Tumblr
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.