- Trump’s new plan to fight opioid overdose? This tweet 5 Months Ago
- Fitness influencer shamed for ‘sharing numbers’ in weight loss posts 5 Months Ago
- The VSCO Girl has always been here 5 Months Ago
- Tomi Lahren’s new ‘Freedom’ clothing line is made for meme mockery Today 12:21 PM
- Taylor Swift’s ‘London Boy’ is a bop, but Brits don’t think her lyrics are accurate Today 12:02 PM
- Popeyes blasted for employee welfare amid chicken sandwich war Today 11:59 AM
- Cory Booker says nonbinary ‘niephew’ taught him about trans issues Today 11:53 AM
- Megachurch pushes conversion therapy on Instagram, Facebook with #OnceGay Today 11:11 AM
- Christian movie review site blasts Netflix’s ‘The Family’ Today 10:50 AM
- YouTube removes ‘coordinated’ channels spreading Hong Kong misinformation Today 8:58 AM
- Christina Hendricks reveals she was the hand model for ‘American Beauty’ Today 8:30 AM
- Why can’t independent feminist websites stay afloat? Today 8:17 AM
- Far-right troll Jacob Wohl scammed a Trump fan out of $25,000 Today 7:54 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Buccaneers in key preseason action Today 7:02 AM
- Harness the power of sun: The best solar-powered phone chargers Today 6:00 AM
Beto O’Rourke, a 2020 Democratic presidential hopeful, reportedly gave his wife a very green piece of excrement in a bowl and called it an avocado as part of a “prank,” according to a new report.
The prank is detailed in a Washington Post profile about O’Rourke and his wife Amy. The report delves into the dynamics of their marriage—and includes an anecdote about pranks that were pulled by the 2020 hopeful.
As the Post puts it:
He proposed on April Fools’ Day, four months after they’d first met. It seemed appropriate. That’s how Amy knew him then and even now — impulsive and puckish: He told her on one of their first dates that he planned to name his first son Ulysses (which they did, about a year after marrying, followed by a Molly and a Henry). He dubbed their dog Roosevelt before realizing that the dog was a girl (who now goes by Rosie).
And then there were the pranks: the remote-controlled cockroach in the kitchen, the “Psycho”-style scares in the shower. One time, according to a friend, Beto collected an especially verdant turd from one of their kids’ diapers and put it in a bowl, telling Amy it was avocado. (Neither would confirm this, though Beto did allow it sounded like something he’d do.)
The turd-avocado prank caught the eye of people on Twitter.
Especially Verdant Turd: The Beto O’Rourke Story https://t.co/BWt9kykSUe— J.R. Lind (@jrlind) March 19, 2019
"One time, according to a friend, Beto collected an especially verdant turd from one of their kids’ diapers and put it in a bowl, telling Amy it was avocado."— RWD (@runwiththedogs) March 19, 2019
What the fuck https://t.co/HYLVXbEt6g
That said, this may not be the grossest thing involving O’Rourke today. He also posted this picture.
Nothing like some Penn State dairy to start off the morning in the Happy Valley. pic.twitter.com/Ps1Exbj2zq— Beto O'Rourke (@BetoORourke) March 19, 2019
You can read all of the Washington Post report here.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).