- Trump kicks chief of staff out of Oval Office for coughing during interview 3 Months Ago
- Netflix announces Samurai version of ‘Game of Thrones’ 3 Months Ago
- The 8-Bit Guy: Why retro tech and restoration isn’t just for ‘old white guys’ Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 MTV Awards for free Today 7:00 AM
- Why Hillary Clinton is getting blamed for a recent spate of unconnected deaths Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch Nick Jr. online for free Today 5:30 AM
- People are not falling for these ICE ‘propaganda’ photos Sunday 4:23 PM
- CLIF Bar and KIND Snacks are in a bizarre social media war Sunday 2:55 PM
- Caillou is how tall? Sunday 1:32 PM
- No, that video of a Boston Dynamics robot attacking its creators is not real Sunday 12:40 PM
- Alex Jones places $1 million bounty on culprit who planted child porn on his InfoWars server Sunday 12:03 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ star’s new Netflix prank show is receiving backlash Sunday 9:04 AM
- How to watch ‘City on a Hill’ for free Sunday 8:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Euphoria’ for free Sunday 7:00 AM
- Meet the home brewer turning beer into a case for net neutrality Sunday 6:30 AM
Beto O'Rourke/Flickr (CC-BY-ND)
So that apparently happened.
Beto O’Rourke, a 2020 Democratic presidential hopeful, reportedly gave his wife a very green piece of excrement in a bowl and called it an avocado as part of a “prank,” according to a new report.
The prank is detailed in a Washington Post profile about O’Rourke and his wife Amy. The report delves into the dynamics of their marriage—and includes an anecdote about pranks that were pulled by the 2020 hopeful.
As the Post puts it:
He proposed on April Fools’ Day, four months after they’d first met. It seemed appropriate. That’s how Amy knew him then and even now — impulsive and puckish: He told her on one of their first dates that he planned to name his first son Ulysses (which they did, about a year after marrying, followed by a Molly and a Henry). He dubbed their dog Roosevelt before realizing that the dog was a girl (who now goes by Rosie).
And then there were the pranks: the remote-controlled cockroach in the kitchen, the “Psycho”-style scares in the shower. One time, according to a friend, Beto collected an especially verdant turd from one of their kids’ diapers and put it in a bowl, telling Amy it was avocado. (Neither would confirm this, though Beto did allow it sounded like something he’d do.)
The turd-avocado prank caught the eye of people on Twitter.
Especially Verdant Turd: The Beto O’Rourke Story https://t.co/BWt9kykSUe
— J.R. Lind (@jrlind) March 19, 2019
"One time, according to a friend, Beto collected an especially verdant turd from one of their kids’ diapers and put it in a bowl, telling Amy it was avocado."
What the fuck https://t.co/HYLVXbEt6g
— RWD (@runwiththedogs) March 19, 2019
That said, this may not be the grossest thing involving O’Rourke today. He also posted this picture.
Nothing like some Penn State dairy to start off the morning in the Happy Valley. pic.twitter.com/Ps1Exbj2zq
— Beto O'Rourke (@BetoORourke) March 19, 2019
You can read all of the Washington Post report here.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).