- ‘Bob Lazar: Area 51 & Flying Saucers’ fails to discover truth or progress 9 Months Ago
- ‘Huckabee’ is a wolf in sheep’s clothing, lurking on your TV 9 Months Ago
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez parody accounts are all the rage on the right Today 6:30 AM
- The new ‘Dune’ movie sounds positively epic Today 6:00 AM
- How does Apple Pay work? Today 5:30 AM
- Multimillion-dollar ‘Farming Simulator’ franchise enters world of esports Wednesday 7:38 PM
- Sandra Bullock, Chris McKay are making Netflix comic film ‘Reborn’ Wednesday 7:22 PM
- Instagram revokes Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro’s verified status (updated) Wednesday 5:23 PM
- Transgender people suffer when debates over their rights are framed as ‘distractions’ Wednesday 4:57 PM
- Hulu with Live TV just hiked its prices Wednesday 4:05 PM
- Hacker infiltrates Nest cameras to gain PewDiePie subscribers Wednesday 2:37 PM
- YouTube time traveler claims MLK’s granddaughter will be the last U.S. president Wednesday 2:30 PM
- Media coverage of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s Twitch cameo erases Chelsea Manning Wednesday 1:39 PM
- New Alexa skill lets you sing with Queen’s Freddie Mercury Wednesday 1:13 PM
- Netflix is the first streaming platform to join MPAA Wednesday 12:59 PM
Wikimedia Commons (Public Domain)
Barbara Bush, the wife of President George H.W. Bush and the mother of President George W. Bush, has suffered from pulmonary disease and congestive heart failure.
This was the statement put out by the office of George H.W. Bush.
Statement by the Office of George H. W. Bush on the health of former First Lady Barbara Bush. pic.twitter.com/4csUS6IRKZ
— Jim McGrath (@jgm41) April 15, 2018
People paid tribute to her on Twitter.
In The Residence, the book about the White House and its staff, I was surprised to learn that Barbara and her husband were the resounding favorites out of everybody. Butlers who’d worked at the WH for decades pointed to her as their favorite First Lady.
— Jenny Han (@jennyhan) April 15, 2018
It’s absolutely true. Both Mrs. Bush and Bush 41 are the favorites. While the WH staff don’t spill juicy details, they make it very clear who their favorites are and who wasn’t very kind to them. https://t.co/ooZiDry4hM
— Yashar Ali 🐘 (@yashar) April 15, 2018
January 6, 1945, Naval aviator George HW Bush and Barbara Pierce get married. pic.twitter.com/J2QrSU2UqC
— Jake Tapper (@jaketapper) April 15, 2018
I disagreed with both Bush presidents on many things, but the tremendous love the children felt for George HW and Barbara was always obvious. That is a sign of a life well lived. I wish her peace.
— 50 states club (@50statesclub50) April 15, 2018
Ms Barbara has long had my respect and gratitude as a model of strength and opinion in a life that demands a high amount of invisibility. Her and I will always differ in the voting booth……but as a Mother to her nation, I think she did an awful lot of Good. #BarbaraBush
— Momathena (@momathena) April 15, 2018
Sad to hear about Mrs. Bush’s health. An American lady and civic character, in the best sense. Tough, fun, frank, devoted to country. And so clearly loved by her family and many others.
— Robert Costa (@costareports) April 15, 2018
Bush is 92 years old.
Josh Katzowitz is the Weekend Editor for the Daily Dot and covers the world of YouTube. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. He’s also a longtime sports writer, covering the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.