- Pediatrician gets death threats after pro-vaccine TikTok video Monday 9:37 PM
- This Australia-themed dildo is raising money to fight the bushfires Monday 8:26 PM
- Influencers say they’ve received unwanted sexual solicitations worth thousands Monday 7:39 PM
- Pregnant woman masterfully trolls gender-obsessed relative Monday 3:05 PM
- HBO’s ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ returns from a 2-year break with brand new ways to make you cringe Monday 3:00 PM
- Far-right accused of impersonating antifa online to encourage violence at Richmond rally Monday 1:59 PM
- Second Amendment protesters defend gun rights with truly terrible signs Monday 12:52 PM
- David Lynch surprises fans by dropping Netflix short out of the blue Monday 12:29 PM
- Poop-focused parody of Kent State Gun Girl sparks conservative ire Monday 11:58 AM
- 6-year-old raises $250K for Australian bushfires by making clay koalas Monday 11:31 AM
- What you need to know about Clearview AI and its facial recognition app Monday 10:36 AM
- Apple TV+ gets its first SAG Award while Netflix and Amazon nab 2 each Monday 10:07 AM
- Facebook apologizes for translating Chinese president’s name to ‘Mr. Sh*thole’ Monday 9:45 AM
- New York Times endorses Klobarren for president Monday 8:45 AM
- 6 gift cards that make for the most thoughtful Valentine’s Day gift ideas Monday 8:16 AM
YouTuber Spencer Elmer–who runs the channel Elmo Films–may have been the victim of a violent home invasion in Los Angeles, California.
The Los Angeles Police Department reported that a robbery occurred around 10am Thursday morning, involving up to five suspects. The assailants broke into the two-story home and tied up multiple victims before taking off with cash and jewelry.
“We heard this banging on the door, and it was one of the victims,” neighbor Craig Mayo, who witnessed the aftermath of the robbery, said. “He was tied up, had a tie around his wrist, in his underwear, scared, obviously, so we called the police.”
California reporter Jon Baird tweeted that Elmer may have been among those targeted in the crime.
“A popular #YouTuber (SpencerElmer, #ElmoFilms) may have been the target of a #HomeInvasion robbery here in #ShermanOaks last night. Victims were tied up. Police say the armed suspects got away with cash & jewelry,” Baird tweeted.
A popular #YouTuber (SpencerElmer, #ElmoFilms) may have been the target of a #HomeInvasion robbery here in #ShermanOaks last night. Victims were tied up. Police say the armed suspects got away with cash & jewelry. @KNX1070 pic.twitter.com/afiFEyfIsN— Jon Baird (@KNXBaird) November 7, 2019
Gigi Graciette, another reporter that was on the scene of the crime, referred to the victims as “four, young YouTube stars,” but police have yet to release the identities of the victims, and Elmo Films has neither confirmed nor denied being involved.
Some do not believe that Elmer was the YouTuber involved in the crime because he apparently moved to the U.K. One fan on Twitter shared a screenshot of one the YouTuber’s recent videos with the caption, “Actually MOVING to London!” Elmer’s channel also states that he is currently located in the U.K.
He lives in the UK pic.twitter.com/KqdmBA8sN4— Bill Baines (@SPazMnkE) November 7, 2019
The Daily Dot has reached out to Elmo Films to confirm the reports but did not receive a response by publication time.
The suspects are still at large, and police have yet to release official descriptions.
- YouTuber Taylor Goldblatt robbed at knifepoint after bragging about his wealth
- 5 women accuse Christian YouTuber of sexual harassment
- YouTuber Trisha Paytas declares she got married to someone. But did she?
- John Witherspoon posted YouTube cooking video hours before his death
H/T LA Daily News
Tiffanie Drayton is a geek culture and lifestyle reporter whose work covers everything from gender and race to anime and Xbox. Her work has appeared in Complex, Salon, Marie Claire, Playboy, and elsewhere.