- Pete Buttigieg mocked over ‘staged’ walking photo Today 12:22 PM
- Louise Linton deletes pro-Greta Thunberg Instagram post Today 10:58 AM
- ‘Crip Camp’ shows how a radical summer camp was monumental to the disability rights movement Today 9:08 AM
- How to live stream the 2020 Grammy Awards Today 7:00 AM
- Technology created deepfakes—does it have a way to stop them, too? Today 6:30 AM
- SESTA-FOSTA is ‘detrimental’ to sex workers’ safety, study confirms Today 6:00 AM
- Jeff Bezos’ girlfriend allegedly sent his nudes to her brother, who then leaked them Saturday 6:38 PM
- This Instagram account catches influencers in the wild Saturday 5:42 PM
- The best upcoming video games to look out for in February 2020 Saturday 5:23 PM
- TikTok teens use AirPods and Google Translate to secretly talk in class Saturday 4:32 PM
- Video shows corpses of coronavirus victims lying in China hospital Saturday 3:44 PM
- Kid meets Slipknot after drumming video goes viral Saturday 2:30 PM
- Channing Tatum responds to troll who tried to compare Jenna Dewan and Jessie J’s looks Saturday 1:46 PM
- Grindr pulls an ‘I don’t know her’ after Eminem suggests he uses the app Saturday 12:48 PM
- Here are the top 10 most popular Instagram models in 2020 Saturday 12:21 PM
The screenshots were initially shared on the subreddit r/LiveStreamfail, but according to Dexerto, the post gained enough traction that it reached Reddit’s main page. According to the screenshots, she used the homophobic slur “fag” and wrote “fucking autist” and “retarded” repeatedly.
“Except when I’m not a total retard when it comes to interacting with people,” she wrote in a thread from December 2016.
“This is why there’s black people in my server,” she wrote in June 2017. She also wrote “fuck Jews” in a separate post in May of the same year.
“Im white,” she wrote in another 2017 post. “Youre all colour.”
“Why Tf are my stalkers brown,” she wrote in February 2019. “Not even being racist.”
“I hope no one finds that shit one day,” she wrote in a thread from January 2019, “And is like…Jenna’s mods are racist.’
But her fear has come true. People are dragging her on Reddit for her commentary, which indicated a pattern of racist and homophobic behavior—not just one slip-up.
On Tuesday, Jenna, who has more than 260,000 followers on Twitch, shared two videos where she tried to apologize but only ended up throwing a tantrum.
“I feel terrible, I’m a fuck up,” she says. “But I already knew I was a fuck up so Im shitty.
“I’m not gonna lie guys I don’t remember doing any of this… It’s not how I feel,” she continued. “I’m sorry that I’m a fuck up, I’m sorry that I’m a stupid girl, I’m sorry that I make mistakes, I’m sorry that I do stupid things.”
While the comments were made on Discord, it’s not clear if Twitch will continue hosting Jenna. She said in one of the videos that if she loses her partnership, she would “literally deserve it.”
“I’m sorry that I’m a fucking moron, I don’t know what I’m supposed to say … fucking send me to jail, dude,” she yells in one of her apology videos.
Twitch, which has previously said it does not comment on individual users, did not immediately respond to the Daily Dot’s request for comment.
- This nurse is getting dragged for sharing false information about STDs on TikTok
- YouTuber NikkieTutorials blackmailed into coming out as transgender: ‘I am still me’
- Ariana Grande tagged a Twitter user with the N-word in their handle
Samira Sadeque is a New York-based journalist reporting on immigration, sexual violence, and mental health, and will sometimes write about memes and dinosaurs too. Her work also appears in Reuters, NPR, and NBC among other publications. She graduated from Columbia Journalism School, and her work has been nominated for SAJA awards. Follow: @Samideque