- A TikTok of a girl getting an abortion is going viral—and the internet is divided Friday 3:06 PM
- FCC proposes $200 million fine for T-Mobile, others over data sharing Friday 3:03 PM
- Which ‘Love is Blind’ couples are still together? Friday 2:01 PM
- Review: ‘The Invisible Man’ reboot is thrilling but basic Friday 1:25 PM
- Sex workers speak out after OnlyFans leak Friday 1:21 PM
- Normani addresses Camila Cabello’s racist social media posts Friday 1:07 PM
- Mike Huckabee’s defense of Trump’s coronavirus response will make you nauseous Friday 12:06 PM
- Gmail’s email filtering may affect what candidate emails you are seeing Friday 11:08 AM
- Woman shares aftermath of domestic abuse: ‘This is only to raise awareness’ Friday 10:40 AM
- Skai Jackson gets restraining order against Bhad Bhabie after death threat Friday 10:19 AM
- Taylor Swift shades Scooter Braun in ‘The Man’ video Friday 10:15 AM
- Porn stars are lining up behind Bernie Sanders Friday 10:10 AM
- YouTube mom says she ‘beat’ her 2-year-old daughter for ruining her makeup kit Friday 10:02 AM
- Ajit Pai’s net neutrality victory lap comes as his own repeal is under review Friday 9:20 AM
- Alissa Violet is in Italy—and fans are worried she’ll get coronavirus Friday 9:19 AM
Feminist activists and pop stars Tegan and Sara have launched the Tegan and Sara Foundation, a nonprofit which works for economic health, justice, and representation for LGBTQ girls and women.
The foundation highlights all the unique challenges facing LGBTQ girls and women: lack of media representation for lesbian women, homelessness and healthcare issues that trans women face, poverty disproportionately affecting women of color.
In a letter from the duo, they promise to be proactive in the fight against oppression and bigotry.
We will support the work of other organizations who have been fighting for LGBTQ and women’s rights by raising funds and awareness for their initiatives. We will fight against the repressive legislation of the incoming Trump administration. We will fight against regressive homophobic, transphobic, and misogynistic legislation. We will fight for economic, racial and gender justice. We started the Foundation to dismantle the systems of inequity that prevent LGBTQ girls and women from reaching their full potential. Together, we can make a difference.
Welcome to Tegan and Sara Foundation’s official Instagram! We’re a nonprofit organization committed to helping LGBTQ girls and women achieve economic, health and representation equality. The past three months, we’ve been traveling across the US, listening to stories, and learning about the needs of the LGBTQ community. Follow our journey and unite with us to fight for progress, unity, and inclusion. Pictured here: our founders meeting with Governor Kate Brown, the US’ first LGBTQ Governor.
A photo posted by The Tegan and Sara Foundation (@teganandsarafoundation) on
Mehak Anwar is a reporter whose work focuses on LGBTQ rights, intersectional feminism, and race. Her byline has appeared in Bustle and the Huffington Post.