- People have much love for the all-women moderator panel at the presidential debate Wednesday 10:03 PM
- Kamala Harris: Trump ‘got punked’ by North Korea Wednesday 9:53 PM
- Biden on domestic violence: We need to keep ‘punching’ Wednesday 9:47 PM
- Amy Klobuchar says she raised $17,000 from ex-boyfriends Wednesday 9:16 PM
- Trump’s campaign is a fan of Tulsi Gabbard’s attack on the Democratic party Wednesday 9:07 PM
- 50 Cent makes Instagram return with transphobic meme Wednesday 8:34 PM
- Lyft driver attacks female passenger after she refused to turn off music Wednesday 7:30 PM
- J.J. Watt posted his phone number online, wants fans to text him Wednesday 6:22 PM
- How a normal redditor becomes a conspiracy theorist Wednesday 5:48 PM
- ‘Bikram’ is not a great film, but it is a document of justice Wednesday 5:43 PM
- Congress is concerned Amazon isn’t safeguarding Ring videos Wednesday 5:40 PM
- Twitter urged to suspend Tory Party Twitter account after it ‘misled’ the public Wednesday 4:56 PM
- This former stripper has the best Humans of New York story of all time Wednesday 4:47 PM
- How to watch tonight’s 2020 Democratic debate Wednesday 4:21 PM
- ‘Dollface’ offers a narrow vision of womanhood Wednesday 3:56 PM
“Why am I single?” You might have asked yourself this question at some point over the last few weeks leading up to Valentine’s Day, as drug stores became overrun with heart-shaped chocolate boxes and toddler-sized stuffed animals.
“Is it my weight?,” you’ve probably wondered. “My height? Or is it my inability to stop giggling every time I hear someone say ‘John Boehner’ on NBC News?”
The answer is: None of the above. The reason why you’re still single is because of your social media habits.
According to Match.com’s new Singles in America Survey, which surveyed 5,675 single adults, there are a number of habits exhibited by daters that turn off the opposite sex. Here are the most egregious faux pas you can commit on social media, accompanied by a few handy examples:
According to men, you are a single woman because:
1) You use too many #hashtags on Instagram. (35%)
2) You text in ALL CAPS.
3) You post pictures of cute children. Gross. (24%)
4) You post irritating inspirational quotes. (22%)
According to women, you are a single man because:
5) Your texts have too many typos and your grammar sucks (54%) or you respond with short answers. (37%)
The Daily Dot
6) You post way too many selfies on Facebook. (65%)
7) Your Facebook statuses are super dramatic. (78%)
8) You love showing off your body — too much. (45%)
Bom dia! #horadobanho🔰🔰🔰🔝🔝🔝 #abs #body #workout #getYourMuscle #gym #biceps #triceps #chest #strength #getFit #stayFit #beFit #SexinessIsEverything #exercise #lifting #weights #gymflow #powerlift #workingOnMyShit #workoutselfie #stayinSexyFit #followMe #loyalty #likes4like#carioca
A photo posted by Waldir Menezes Jr. (@waldirmenezesjr) on
Avoid these social media faux pas, and you should find the love of your life before Arbor Day. Alternatively, please consider the very real possibility that you might just be terrible.
Marisa Kabas is a lifestyle reporter and activist. Her work has been published by Fusion, Fast Company, and Today. She’s also served as an editorial campaigns director for Purpose PBC, a social movement incubator.