- #ICEBae is reportedly a Democrat–and she has some things to get off her chest Tuesday 8:45 PM
- Fans are stoked that Taika Waititi is back to direct ‘Thor 4’ Tuesday 7:22 PM
- Sacha Baron Cohen thanks ‘co-stars’ Dick Cheney, Sarah Palin for making Emmy nominations possible Tuesday 6:43 PM
- Roger Stone barred from posting on all social media platforms Tuesday 6:03 PM
- The FaceApp challenge shows you how gracefully you’ll age Tuesday 5:16 PM
- Kylie Jenner opens up about her mental health in candid Instagram post Tuesday 4:38 PM
- Fans speculate wildly about Naomi Watts’ ‘Game of Thrones’ prequel role after leaked set photo Tuesday 3:54 PM
- New Jersey congressman joins House Democrats ‘Squad’ because of an Onion article Tuesday 3:09 PM
- Twitter begins rolling out new desktop redesign, and users aren’t happy Tuesday 1:54 PM
- Man asks his girlfriend to ‘unlove’ her ex—and people do not agree with him Tuesday 1:37 PM
- Relive a forgotten gem with the TurboGrafx-16 Mini console Tuesday 1:09 PM
- Judge says Daily Stormer founder must pay $14 million for harassing Jewish realtor Tuesday 1:01 PM
- Graphic depiction of suicide cut from Netflix’s ’13 Reasons Why’ Tuesday 12:55 PM
- Streaming titles seize 2019 Emmy nominations Tuesday 12:19 PM
- ‘Frankenstein’s Monster’s Monster, Frankenstein’ tries to find humor in bad actors Tuesday 12:02 PM
Today marks the first day of the PSL season. Let us celebrate—or bring the hate.
Like a wall, or talk of walls on bordering countries, the pumpkin spice latte divides us all. There are the gleeful lovers, the cynical haters, even the political protesters. But every year, the PSL returns, just like the hurricane and flu season, to mark our entrance into autumn and our long, dark march into winter.
And today is that day of PSL’s arrival. Starbucks announced the official beginning of the 13th (!!) pumpkin spice latte season, and of course the internet did it’s best internetting by rejoicing, trolling, and meming.
We’ve got the lovers:
A photo posted by Sparkle In Pink (@sparkleinpink) on
The health-concerned haters and tastemakers:
The political protesters:
The summer clingers:
The meme makers:
A photo posted by Elyse RohrerBudiash L.AcDiplOM (@cherryblossom_healingarts) on
A photo posted by Ashley Harrison (@ashleynicoleharrison) on
And those who just want a whole latte peace on earth:
Whether you’re sticking to your flat white or bandwagoning on the PSL, cheers to all!
Lyz Lenz is currently the managing editor of the Rumpus. Her work has appeared in the New York Times, Jezebel, the Columbia Journalism Review, and Mashable.