- Woman slammed for trying to put UPS driver on blast Sunday 5:23 PM
- Twitter users are sharing which celebrities have blocked them Sunday 4:43 PM
- Conspiracy theorists are already taking advantage of Kobe Bryant’s death Sunday 4:14 PM
- Adam Driver returns to ‘SNL’ as Kylo Ren to reprise role in ‘Undercover Boss’ parody Sunday 3:46 PM
- White men are raging over ‘SNL’s’ white male rage skit Sunday 3:05 PM
- Kobe Bryant dead at 41 Sunday 2:24 PM
- Pete Buttigieg mocked over ‘staged’ walking photo Sunday 12:22 PM
- Louise Linton deletes pro-Greta Thunberg Instagram post Sunday 10:58 AM
- ‘Crip Camp’ shows how a radical summer camp was monumental to the disability rights movement Sunday 9:08 AM
- How to live stream the 2020 Grammy Awards Sunday 7:00 AM
- Technology created deepfakes—does it have a way to stop them, too? Sunday 6:30 AM
- SESTA-FOSTA is ‘detrimental’ to sex workers’ safety, study confirms Sunday 6:00 AM
- Jeff Bezos’ girlfriend allegedly sent his nudes to her brother, who then leaked them Saturday 6:38 PM
- This Instagram account catches influencers in the wild Saturday 5:42 PM
- The best upcoming video games to look out for in February 2020 Saturday 5:23 PM
A man wakes up from surgery and sees his wife for the ‘first time’
“You’re my wife? Holy s**t.”
It was Jason Mortensen’s fifth surgery in six years. This time it was to repair some residual tears from a prior hernia surgery. Each time Mortensen’s wife has been by his side, waiting for him to wake from his anesthesia. After this surgery, though, she got a pleasant surprise.
“Did the doctor send you? Man, you are eye candy,” a confused Mortensen says while trying to munch on a cracker. “Whoa. You may be the prettiest woman I’ve ever seen. Are you a model? Who are you?”
“My name is Candice. I’m your wife,” she responds.
“You’re my wife? Holy shit.”
On both Reddit and YouTube, people questioned whether Mortensen was faking the whole scene.
“PLOT TWIST: this women is actually a nurse and fucks around like this with all her patients,” ze_neckbeard commented on Reddit.
“[T]otally fake but awesome, he blew it when he called her ‘baby,’ then tried to cover it up, luckily she was too dumb to catch it,” disgruntled tail wagger added on YouTube.
What do you think? Super-cute or super-fake? It’s already been a landmark day for too-good-to-be-true viral videos. Remember that twerking fail with the candles?
UPDATE: The man has been identified as an actor, and the video is likely fake. Jimmy Kimmel, is this your doing?
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.