- Facebook removing Instagram Story filters that mimic plastic surgery 6 Years Ago
- Mom solves ‘ghost baby’ image mystery after viral post Today 1:23 PM
- Elon Musk tweeted ‘through space’ Today 1:16 PM
- Don’t want a Fitbit? These step tracker apps got you covered Today 12:51 PM
- Protesters sing ‘Baby Shark’ to soothe frightened toddler Today 12:47 PM
- Who is Babu Frik, the adorable, teeny mechanic from ‘Rise of Skywalker’? Today 12:36 PM
- Senators push for social media data portability Today 12:11 PM
- ‘Stage Fright’ is a therapeutic lens into Jenny Slate’s weird world Today 11:34 AM
- Congressmen call on Twitter to shut down accounts for Hamas, Hezbollah Today 11:12 AM
- How to stream Lakers vs. Clippers Today 11:02 AM
- Popular Twitch streamer banned for something he didn’t even say Today 10:13 AM
- What is going on with C-3PO in the final trailer for ‘The Rise of Skywalker’? Today 10:04 AM
- Amazon’s facial recognition misidentified Boston athletes as criminals Today 9:08 AM
- Trump sparks outrage by calling impeachment ‘lynching’ Today 8:58 AM
- Rose Tico returns in the final ‘Rise of Skywalker’ trailer Today 8:44 AM
A man wakes up from surgery and sees his wife for the ‘first time’
“You’re my wife? Holy s**t.”
It was Jason Mortensen’s fifth surgery in six years. This time it was to repair some residual tears from a prior hernia surgery. Each time Mortensen’s wife has been by his side, waiting for him to wake from his anesthesia. After this surgery, though, she got a pleasant surprise.
“Did the doctor send you? Man, you are eye candy,” a confused Mortensen says while trying to munch on a cracker. “Whoa. You may be the prettiest woman I’ve ever seen. Are you a model? Who are you?”
“My name is Candice. I’m your wife,” she responds.
“You’re my wife? Holy shit.”
On both Reddit and YouTube, people questioned whether Mortensen was faking the whole scene.
“PLOT TWIST: this women is actually a nurse and fucks around like this with all her patients,” ze_neckbeard commented on Reddit.
“[T]otally fake but awesome, he blew it when he called her ‘baby,’ then tried to cover it up, luckily she was too dumb to catch it,” disgruntled tail wagger added on YouTube.
What do you think? Super-cute or super-fake? It’s already been a landmark day for too-good-to-be-true viral videos. Remember that twerking fail with the candles?
UPDATE: The man has been identified as an actor, and the video is likely fake. Jimmy Kimmel, is this your doing?
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.