- Netflix’s ‘Eli’ is a satisfyingly nasty blend of haunted houses and medical horror 4 Years Ago
- Why 8chan’s founder is fighting to keep the infamous message board dead 4 Years Ago
- How to stream NFL Sunday Ticket without DirecTV Today 5:00 AM
- How to watch Arizona State vs. Utah Today 4:00 AM
- How to watch Michigan vs. Penn State Today 4:00 AM
- How to watch Florida vs. South Carolina Today 4:00 AM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Crystal Palace Today 1:00 AM
- How to stream Tottenham Hotspur vs. Watford Friday 9:00 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Eibar Friday 6:00 PM
- How to stream ‘Bigfoot’ Silva vs. Gabriel Gonzaga in BKFC Friday 6:00 PM
- Demi Lovato’s nude photos allegedly leaked on Snapchat Friday 3:07 PM
- NBA TV is the new streaming service for basketball fanatics Friday 3:02 PM
- California residents will get cell phone alerts seconds before earthquakes Friday 2:29 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. RCD Mallorca Friday 2:00 PM
- Trump accused of ‘using the language of ethnic cleansing’ regarding Kurds Friday 1:42 PM
Zendaya just called out a sexist Twitter troll in the most awesome way possible
The Disney star has no patience for your misogynistic theories about women who don’t wear makeup.
The pressure for women of all ages to wear makeup is omnipresent. But most people claim that they’re more attracted to women who wear less makeup. Zendaya, the 18-year-old Disney star turned pop star, turned to Twitter to fight back against this ridiculous double standard in brilliant fashion.
The sexist and juvenile Twitter account Manstagram tweeted the photos below.
This is why our first date is running a mile around the track to see if you sweat the makeup off pic.twitter.com/UWxbK7Vwp5
— Manstagram♻️ (@Manstagram_) June 8, 2015
Most Twitter users condemned the sentiment, with many commenting that the dude behind Manstagram probably couldn’t get with either version of the girl.
But Zendaya took it a step further, replying with a makeup-less photo of herself.
All we have to say to that is yaaaaas.
Meanwhile, two side-by-side photos of two young girls has been going viral on Tumblr. Like the Manstagram photo, the images compare how the girls look with and without makeup.
The caption seems to imply that girls wear makeup because it’s necessary in order for them to look beautiful. The original Tumblr post has 1,185 notes.
The point is, ladies, you don’t need makeup. And if you’re going to wear makeup, please don’t use Crayola.
Photo via Zendaya/Twitter | Remix by Jason Reed
Marisa Kabas is a lifestyle reporter and activist. Her work has been published by Fusion, Fast Company, and Today. She’s also served as an editorial campaigns director for Purpose PBC, a social movement incubator.