- Amy Klobuchar says she raised $17,000 from ex-boyfriends Wednesday 9:16 PM
- Trump’s campaign is a fan of Tulsi Gabbard’s attack on the Democratic party Wednesday 9:07 PM
- 50 Cent makes Instagram return with transphobic meme Wednesday 8:34 PM
- Lyft driver attacks female passenger after she refused to turn off music Wednesday 7:30 PM
- J.J. Watt posted his phone number online, wants fans to text him Wednesday 6:22 PM
- How a normal redditor becomes a conspiracy theorist Wednesday 5:48 PM
- ‘Bikram’ is not a great film, but it is a document of justice Wednesday 5:43 PM
- Congress is concerned Amazon isn’t safeguarding Ring videos Wednesday 5:40 PM
- Twitter urged to suspend Tory Party Twitter account after it ‘misled’ the public Wednesday 4:56 PM
- This former stripper has the best Humans of New York story of all time Wednesday 4:47 PM
- How to watch tonight’s 2020 Democratic debate Wednesday 4:21 PM
- ‘Dollface’ offers a narrow vision of womanhood Wednesday 3:56 PM
- There’s a perfectly good reason why we can’t buy official Baby Yoda merch yet Wednesday 3:00 PM
- Trump’s handwritten ‘I WANT NOTHING’ note gets memed Wednesday 12:57 PM
- Facebook quietly launched a meme generator app called Whale Wednesday 12:40 PM
Zendaya just called out a sexist Twitter troll in the most awesome way possible
The Disney star has no patience for your misogynistic theories about women who don’t wear makeup.
The pressure for women of all ages to wear makeup is omnipresent. But most people claim that they’re more attracted to women who wear less makeup. Zendaya, the 18-year-old Disney star turned pop star, turned to Twitter to fight back against this ridiculous double standard in brilliant fashion.
The sexist and juvenile Twitter account Manstagram tweeted the photos below.
This is why our first date is running a mile around the track to see if you sweat the makeup off pic.twitter.com/UWxbK7Vwp5
— Manstagram♻️ (@Manstagram_) June 8, 2015
Most Twitter users condemned the sentiment, with many commenting that the dude behind Manstagram probably couldn’t get with either version of the girl.
But Zendaya took it a step further, replying with a makeup-less photo of herself.
All we have to say to that is yaaaaas.
Meanwhile, two side-by-side photos of two young girls has been going viral on Tumblr. Like the Manstagram photo, the images compare how the girls look with and without makeup.
The caption seems to imply that girls wear makeup because it’s necessary in order for them to look beautiful. The original Tumblr post has 1,185 notes.
The point is, ladies, you don’t need makeup. And if you’re going to wear makeup, please don’t use Crayola.
Photo via Zendaya/Twitter | Remix by Jason Reed
Marisa Kabas is a lifestyle reporter and activist. Her work has been published by Fusion, Fast Company, and Today. She’s also served as an editorial campaigns director for Purpose PBC, a social movement incubator.