- ‘The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina’ takes its characters on a fantasy adventure to Hell in season 3 2 Months Ago
- Woman no longer in sorority, school after racist MLK post Today 10:45 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Miss Americana’ starts to deconstruct the myth of Taylor Swift Today 10:32 AM
- Teens charged with attempted arson after participating in TikTok ‘outlet challenge’ Today 8:56 AM
- ‘American Dirt’ is a metaphor for a white country built on the back of immigrants Today 6:00 AM
- This woman told two students to ‘speak English’ and people are not having it Friday 9:53 PM
- Iconic 1968 drag documentary ‘The Queen’ finally released on Netflix Friday 9:29 PM
- This TikTok account for Chancellor Palpatine is hilarious Friday 8:43 PM
- Did the Space Force logo rip off Star Trek? Friday 6:24 PM
- Disabled people with service dogs say Uber, Lyft drivers are denying them rides Friday 3:25 PM
- TikTok teen famous for greasy hair ends her 8-year reign Friday 2:48 PM
- Police handcuff brown man at subway station for carrying a toy gun Friday 1:20 PM
- Fake clip of Sanders quoting infamous ‘hot chip’ tweet is duping people online Friday 1:16 PM
- The Mars Volta’s Cedric Bixler-Zavala alleges Scientologists behind dog’s death Friday 12:46 PM
- Eminem responds to critics: ‘This album was not made for the squeamish’ Friday 12:42 PM
R. Kelly‘s girlfriend Joycelyn Savage allegedly plans to dish all the dirt on the singer, including information she claims is protected by a non-disclosure agreement (NDA)–and she plans to use Patreon to do so.
“There’s something I need to reveal, something I’ve should’ve [sic] talked about a long time ago,” she wrote on Instagram.
According to Complex, Kelly’s legal team tweeted that they have looked into the account “and cannot confirm that the Instagram account is Jocelyn.”
In a follow-up post, the person alleging to be Savage revealed that she is going on a tell-all spree about her relationship with the disgraced R&B star and will be posting “daily chapters” of her story on Patreon.
“Things I am going to reveal that was sweared not to see the day of light—by NDA,” the promo video reads, set to Lizzo’s hit song “Truth Hurts.” “I am risking my life for many others. This story is 18+ and only for mature audience, I want to make sure my story is very detailed as I can remember.”
The 24-year-old, whose family publicly pleaded with her to return home after she moved in with Kelly, 52, previously stood by the singer and even appeared at his court hearings and in an interview where she proclaimed his innocence, alongside one of his other girlfriends, Azriel Clary, 21. But now it appears that she is singing a completely different tune, claiming the singer is an abuser who forced her to call him “daddy” and used her dreams of being a singer to control her.
In a paywall-protected blogpost, Savage began her tell-all by revealing she met R. Kelly at a concert when she was just 17. At 19, she dropped out of college to move in with the singer who promised to make her the “next Aaliyah”–R. Kelly illegally married then 15-year-old Aaliyah in 1994–but not too long after he became domineering and controlling.
“After these couple of months Robert started giving me commands, and making sure I call him by certain names. Like ‘Master’ or ‘Daddy’ which I didn’t really care for at the time,” Savage wrote in her post, per the Daily Beast.
“If I wasn’t getting paid or pursuing my dream I would’ve went home, but all of that didn’t stop just yet. But It started getting worse by day by day, he would raise his voice at me if I didn’t call him by those two names,” she added.
Savage alleges Kelly threatened to ruin her life if she ever spoke to her parents or decided to leave him.
“He would always would say ‘All this can stop today, you want a career? Or do you want to live a normal life’; basically trying to make me do what he wants,'” she wrote.
Kelly is currently facing 18 federal counts, including child pornography, kidnapping, and forced labor.
- R. Kelly arrested on 13 new federal sex-crime charges
- A ‘Surviving R. Kelly’ follow-up special is headed to Lifetime in May
- New R. Kelly underage sex assault tape reportedly surfaces
Tiffanie Drayton is a geek culture and lifestyle reporter whose work covers everything from gender and race to anime and Xbox. Her work has appeared in Complex, Salon, Marie Claire, Playboy, and elsewhere.