- Marvel unveiled its Phase 4 plans at San Diego Comic-Con Today 9:16 AM
- How a queer Instagram is helping fight the opioid epidemic in Appalachia Today 6:30 AM
- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Saturday 6:20 AM
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC on ESPN 4: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Leon Edwards Saturday 5:49 AM
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
Fitness model launches ‘Hunks for Hillary,’ a one-man political thirst trap
Watch out, #Twinks4Trump. You’ve got sexy competition.
But from this day forth, he shall forever be remembered as the hot naked dude who really likes Hillary Clinton.
On Friday, Turner set a thirst trap for the nation when he posted a photo of himself in all his shirtless glory with the phrase “Hunks for Hillary” scrawled across his impossibly muscular torso in a casually thrilling manner.
Turner invited, er, other hunks to join in by posting their own boy-doir photos, and a few bold and brave souls actually did. But mostly, Turner’s scorching pic was passed around a few thousand times among the panting masses—who noted that it was a hard effort to top.
Some even redirected the hashtag to sillier, but just as cute, stuff like pictures of babies and dogs. Apparently, all it takes to become a Hunk for Hillary is to write the phrase—or even just the campaign logo—across your chest.
Turner’s patriotic contribution to the 2016 election discourse is a sexy update to similar campaigns like #Bros4Hillary—a group that launched in order to show that men “could do better than the sexism, racism, and other -isms we saw in the language and messaging of her opponents and their ‘bro’ supporters.”
But Turner’s epic amount of gay fans ensure that this bro for Hillary is often compared to another gay-centered hashtag campaign, #Twinks4Trump. That movement pretty much begins and ends with the concept that “Trump is daddy,” so we have a feeling that Turner and his Hunks for Hillary would easily dominate in a hypothetical hunks-vs-twinks wrestling match.
Btw, call us when that happens. We volunteer to film it.
Mary Emily O'Hara is an LGBTQ reporter. Her work has appeared in Rolling Stone, NBC Out, Daily Dot, Broadly, Vice, the Daily Beast, the Advocate, Huffington Post, DNAinfo, Al Jazeera, and Portland's Pulitzer Prize-winning newsweekly Willamette Week, among other outlets.