- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Today 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Today 7:30 AM
- How to live stream Devin Haney vs. Antonio Moran on DAZN Today 7:00 AM
- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free Today 5:45 AM
- How to watch the DFB-Pokal final for free Today 5:30 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’-inspired miniseries is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
- QAnon believers link small-town arrest to deep state conspiracy without evidence Friday 1:58 PM
- Instagram photos showing prison conditions spark massive protest Friday 1:33 PM
- ‘Gay rat wedding’ headline sparks amazing new meme Friday 1:03 PM
- ‘I read a gossip piece’ meme mocks Moby’s Instagram post Friday 12:39 PM
- Rotten Tomatoes wants to see your ticket stub to leave a verified review Friday 11:46 AM
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ movie delayed to 2020 to fix his look Friday 11:39 AM
Here’s a very expensive way to get chafed.
Would you buy denim undies? No? What if they were available for the low, low price of $470 and came with a wedgie? Still no?
Well, the e-store SSENSE is promoting a pair of denim “shorts” from the Parisian fashion brand Y/Project on Instagram. “Two words: denim panties,” it captioned the photo on Wednesday. Despite what SSENSE and Y/Project thought, these are two words that almost no one has ever wanted to hear together.
“This def ain’t it ladies,” wrote one Instagram user in the replies. “Chafing is great,” wrote another.
The SSENSE site describes the strange article of clothing as “brief-style shorts,” which is a fun way to say they’re shorts the size of underwear. These aren’t just briefs, these are cheeky briefs, leaving a frankly uncomfortable amount of butt exposed to the world. Not even in a prudish way—just imagine sitting on a public park bench in these “shorts.” Even if you like the feel of high-cut underwear—something in a soft cotton or silk—those can often ride up in an uncomfortable way. The idea of experiencing that with a material like denim makes me want to pre-emptively put an ice pack on my crotch.
And you know there is no room in those pockets.
At least a little bit in on the joke, SSENSE shared the “shorts” on Twitter, calling them “janties” and saying that probiotics are not included. Even when served with a sense of humor, the janties still baffle the minds of many.
Some designers dont deserve the sewing machine.
— MAKOTI WESMANJEMANJE (@lykable1) March 27, 2019
But jeans are already uncomfortable..why on God's good earth would I go and buy underwear made out of denim🤦🏽♀️
— GT3♏ 🇿🇼🇿🇦 (@Whipped_Crim_54) March 27, 2019
What in the yeast infection hell is this?!
— Rockelle Price (@RockellePrice) March 28, 2019
If these denim briefs fit your aesthetic, there’s some good news. They were originally listed for $470, but have since been reduced to $315, possibly in response to so many people saying they don’t want them. If you wait long enough, they might even throw in a wedgie protector.
H/T Daily Mail
Alex Dalbey is a writer and zinester currently living in Saint Paul, Minnesota. They have written for The Daily Dot, Kill Screen, The Lingerie Addict, and Bullet Points.