- Cardi B says she drugged, robbed men in her past on Instagram Live Monday 8:03 PM
- Twitter thread roasts bathtub tray ads for women Monday 7:21 PM
- Nintendo set to release two new models of the Switch—possibly in 2019 Monday 6:45 PM
- Viral cat video ‘Dear Kitten’ finds new life in TikTok challenge Monday 5:30 PM
- Here’s every show that was announced at the Apple TV+ kickoff Monday 3:53 PM
- ‘Shazam!’ embraces the spectacle and heart of the superhero genre Monday 3:45 PM
- How to mute Twitter’s suggested tweets on your timeline Monday 3:02 PM
- What you need to know about Apple’s new streaming service Monday 2:32 PM
- Text-message fanfiction is taking over Instagram Monday 1:54 PM
- Your Asus computer might have a secret backdoor Monday 1:06 PM
- Trump is already fundraising off the Mueller report—even though no one’s seen it Monday 1:01 PM
- Michael Avenatti charged with trying to extort $20 million from Nike Monday 12:51 PM
- Logan Paul says being a YouTuber is ‘wack’ Monday 12:14 PM
- James Comey posts from a forest in wake of Mueller report Monday 10:35 AM
- These are the only online dating sites worth your time Monday 10:29 AM
A video that’s gone viral this week shows a white woman who’s been dubbed “Crosswalk Cathy” yelling racist slurs at a Black man in Scottsdale, Arizona.
The man, John Andrew Taylor, filmed the woman as she walked across the street and then down a path hurling racist remarks, according to the Phoenix New Times. In the video, the woman can be heard yelling, “You motherfucker. Go for it you fucking [N-word] piece of shit.”
Taylor uploaded the clip to Instagram on Sunday, and by Monday it had made the front page of Reddit. He told the Phoenix New Times he had just dropped off his sister when he encountered the woman. He said she yelled “Fuck you, you [N-word]” and “You heard me, you fucking [N-word]” before he started recording.
“I was shocked,” Taylor told the news outlet. “I have never in my life had someone had the gumption and the audacity to come out and say something like this. Not directly to my face, at least.”
Taylor stayed completely calm even as the woman continued shouting the N-word at him. The video shows her yelling, “You’re supposed to be in Oakland,” at one point and that “Tupac is dead” at another.
“I killed him,” the woman says, apparently about Tupac. “I put a bullet through the fucker’s head.”
Taylor replies calmly, “Did you?”
“I sure did,” the woman says. “He is a dead fucking [N-word]. He is an ugly fucking homosexual rapist fucking [N-word]. Just like you, fucker.”
The video ends with Taylor laughing and turning the camera to face himself. “And that’s how you make someone famous,” he says.
- Man stages fake DUI trial to propose to girlfriend, and people are asking why
- Pose’s Indya Moore goes viral for arguing trans women have ‘biologically female’ penises
- Women sue border patrol for detaining them for speaking Spanish
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.