- How to live stream the International Champions Cup 5 Months Ago
- A police union is urging its officers to post ‘The Punisher’ logo Monday 7:33 PM
- Redditors call for a Nestlé boycott through memes Monday 6:16 PM
- How a 10-second Disney jingle became a meme in Thailand Monday 4:48 PM
- Instagram users share photos showing gruesome killing of 17-year-old Bianca Devins Monday 4:33 PM
- The horror game banned for mocking China’s president probably isn’t coming back Monday 3:31 PM
- Cheap vibrators, condoms, and lube: The most satisfying Amazon Prime Day deals Monday 3:07 PM
- George R.R. Martin says fan backlash won’t affect his ‘Game of Thrones’ ending Monday 3:03 PM
- The very finest Area 51 memes Monday 2:52 PM
- Tweet map ranks states where people are boycotting Amazon Prime Day Monday 1:54 PM
- Lil Nas X says he will perform at Area 51 for free Monday 12:56 PM
- The best Prime Day deals for gamers Monday 12:53 PM
- How Republicans are dancing around Trump’s racist tweets Monday 12:42 PM
- Not even anti-immigrant groups are defending Trump’s ‘go back’ tweets Monday 12:37 PM
- Netflix’s latest chase thriller ‘Point Blank’ lacks electricity Monday 12:27 PM
A video that’s gone viral this week shows a white woman who’s been dubbed “Crosswalk Cathy” yelling racist slurs at a Black man in Scottsdale, Arizona.
The man, John Andrew Taylor, filmed the woman as she walked across the street and then down a path hurling racist remarks, according to the Phoenix New Times. In the video, the woman can be heard yelling, “You motherfucker. Go for it you fucking [N-word] piece of shit.”
Taylor uploaded the clip to Instagram on Sunday, and by Monday it had made the front page of Reddit. He told the Phoenix New Times he had just dropped off his sister when he encountered the woman. He said she yelled “Fuck you, you [N-word]” and “You heard me, you fucking [N-word]” before he started recording.
“I was shocked,” Taylor told the news outlet. “I have never in my life had someone had the gumption and the audacity to come out and say something like this. Not directly to my face, at least.”
Taylor stayed completely calm even as the woman continued shouting the N-word at him. The video shows her yelling, “You’re supposed to be in Oakland,” at one point and that “Tupac is dead” at another.
“I killed him,” the woman says, apparently about Tupac. “I put a bullet through the fucker’s head.”
Taylor replies calmly, “Did you?”
“I sure did,” the woman says. “He is a dead fucking [N-word]. He is an ugly fucking homosexual rapist fucking [N-word]. Just like you, fucker.”
The video ends with Taylor laughing and turning the camera to face himself. “And that’s how you make someone famous,” he says.
- Man stages fake DUI trial to propose to girlfriend, and people are asking why
- Pose’s Indya Moore goes viral for arguing trans women have ‘biologically female’ penises
- Women sue border patrol for detaining them for speaking Spanish
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.