- How to watch ‘Kidding’ for free 3 Months Ago
- What’s the deal with Bran Stark at the end of ‘Game of Thrones’? Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch TruTV online for free Today 6:00 AM
- Fans call out Madonna for edited Eurovision video Tuesday 9:36 PM
- Partnered Twitch streamer temporarily banned for airing troll’s racist message Tuesday 8:45 PM
- Reddit theory says fans are wrong about who won ‘Game of Thrones’ Tuesday 6:52 PM
- Elon Musk hires ‘absolute unit’ sheep meme creator to be Tesla’s social media manager Tuesday 6:12 PM
- Jason Momoa stands by his Khaleesi after the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Tuesday 4:05 PM
- Airbnb, 23andMe partner for creepy heritage travel recommendations Tuesday 3:26 PM
- Rep. Katie Porter goes viral again for trouncing Ben Carson (updated) Tuesday 3:26 PM
- This deepfake takes Bill Hader’s Schwarzenegger impression to the next level Tuesday 2:58 PM
- Wanda Sykes rails against Trump and offers much-needed perspective in ‘Not Normal’ Tuesday 2:41 PM
- Man arrested after allegedly threatening to shoot YouTube employees Tuesday 2:13 PM
- Some House Dems are backing away from the Save the Internet Act Tuesday 1:40 PM
- Thousands sign petition calling for Danny DeVito to play Wolverine Tuesday 1:02 PM
A video that’s gone viral this week shows a white woman who’s been dubbed “Crosswalk Cathy” yelling racist slurs at a Black man in Scottsdale, Arizona.
The man, John Andrew Taylor, filmed the woman as she walked across the street and then down a path hurling racist remarks, according to the Phoenix New Times. In the video, the woman can be heard yelling, “You motherfucker. Go for it you fucking [N-word] piece of shit.”
Taylor uploaded the clip to Instagram on Sunday, and by Monday it had made the front page of Reddit. He told the Phoenix New Times he had just dropped off his sister when he encountered the woman. He said she yelled “Fuck you, you [N-word]” and “You heard me, you fucking [N-word]” before he started recording.
“I was shocked,” Taylor told the news outlet. “I have never in my life had someone had the gumption and the audacity to come out and say something like this. Not directly to my face, at least.”
Taylor stayed completely calm even as the woman continued shouting the N-word at him. The video shows her yelling, “You’re supposed to be in Oakland,” at one point and that “Tupac is dead” at another.
“I killed him,” the woman says, apparently about Tupac. “I put a bullet through the fucker’s head.”
Taylor replies calmly, “Did you?”
“I sure did,” the woman says. “He is a dead fucking [N-word]. He is an ugly fucking homosexual rapist fucking [N-word]. Just like you, fucker.”
The video ends with Taylor laughing and turning the camera to face himself. “And that’s how you make someone famous,” he says.
- Man stages fake DUI trial to propose to girlfriend, and people are asking why
- Pose’s Indya Moore goes viral for arguing trans women have ‘biologically female’ penises
- Women sue border patrol for detaining them for speaking Spanish
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.