- Who is Cletus Kasady, Woody Harrelson’s character in ‘Venom 2’? Today 7:00 AM
- What is biometric data? Today 6:30 AM
- Cooking Mama’s return whips up a fresh batch of memes Tuesday 8:18 PM
- Influencer body-shames model, Photoshops photo of self to ‘prove point’ Tuesday 7:27 PM
- Boosie Badazz goes on transphobic rant about Dwyane Wade’s daughter Tuesday 6:34 PM
- Royal Family’s website accidentally links to porn instead of charity Tuesday 5:39 PM
- Republican senator spreads false conspiracy about coronavirus Tuesday 5:11 PM
- New DNA technology could help exonerate Black man serving life sentence Tuesday 4:24 PM
- ‘SNL’s’ Kenan Thompson to host the White House Correspondents’ Dinner Tuesday 3:58 PM
- Singer Summer Walker dragged for insensitive HIV comments Tuesday 2:39 PM
- This video of a teddy bear getting steam cleaned makes a perfect meme Tuesday 2:27 PM
- Ted Cruz goes on Twitter tirade over proposed vasectomy bill Tuesday 2:22 PM
- Billie Eilish says she’s stopped reading Instagram comments Tuesday 2:13 PM
- Christian group blames satanists for Twitter poll results Tuesday 1:41 PM
- Coronavirus has pandemic-themed video games topping charts Tuesday 12:58 PM
A video that’s gone viral this week shows a white woman who’s been dubbed “Crosswalk Cathy” yelling racist slurs at a Black man in Scottsdale, Arizona.
The man, John Andrew Taylor, filmed the woman as she walked across the street and then down a path hurling racist remarks, according to the Phoenix New Times. In the video, the woman can be heard yelling, “You motherfucker. Go for it you fucking [N-word] piece of shit.”
Taylor uploaded the clip to Instagram on Sunday, and by Monday it had made the front page of Reddit. He told the Phoenix New Times he had just dropped off his sister when he encountered the woman. He said she yelled “Fuck you, you [N-word]” and “You heard me, you fucking [N-word]” before he started recording.
“I was shocked,” Taylor told the news outlet. “I have never in my life had someone had the gumption and the audacity to come out and say something like this. Not directly to my face, at least.”
Taylor stayed completely calm even as the woman continued shouting the N-word at him. The video shows her yelling, “You’re supposed to be in Oakland,” at one point and that “Tupac is dead” at another.
“I killed him,” the woman says, apparently about Tupac. “I put a bullet through the fucker’s head.”
Taylor replies calmly, “Did you?”
“I sure did,” the woman says. “He is a dead fucking [N-word]. He is an ugly fucking homosexual rapist fucking [N-word]. Just like you, fucker.”
The video ends with Taylor laughing and turning the camera to face himself. “And that’s how you make someone famous,” he says.
- Man stages fake DUI trial to propose to girlfriend, and people are asking why
- Pose’s Indya Moore goes viral for arguing trans women have ‘biologically female’ penises
- Women sue border patrol for detaining them for speaking Spanish
Kris Seavers is the IRL editor for the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.