- Disabled people with service dogs say Uber, Lyft drivers are denying them rides 2 Years Ago
- TikTok teen famous for greasy hair ends her 8-year reign 2 Years Ago
- Police handcuff brown man at subway station for carrying a toy gun Today 1:20 PM
- Fake clip of Sanders quoting infamous ‘hot chip’ tweet is duping people online Today 1:16 PM
- The Mars Volta’s Cedric Bixler-Zavala alleges Scientologists behind dog’s death Today 12:46 PM
- Eminem responds to critics: ‘This album was not made for the squeamish’ Today 12:42 PM
- ‘The poet, the poem’ meme takes iconic lines and turns them into art Today 12:40 PM
- People are making dark memes about the coronavirus Today 12:27 PM
- Trump camp’s ‘head on a pike’ impeachment threat hit with memes Today 11:34 AM
- What is the #FreeBritney movement, and why is Cher tweeting about it? Today 10:52 AM
- This YouTuber claims the Saudi government plotted to kidnap him on U.S. soil Today 10:30 AM
- Report: Jack Dorsey declined to host a fundraiser for Tulsi Gabbard Today 10:22 AM
- Bernie Sanders plugs Joe Rogan endorsement—and women are furious Today 10:04 AM
- Young woman using TikTok to document the end of her life says she’s dying next week Today 8:43 AM
- London’s real-time facial recognition program a ‘breathtaking assault’ on civil rights Today 8:23 AM
Chrissy Teigen has always been transparent with fans. Whether she’s revealing her struggle with postpartum depression, posting photos of her stretch marks, or sharing her thoughts on being blocked by the president, she has always kept it real. Thus, it comes as no surprise that the internet is praising her for once again for being relatable.
On Monday afternoon, Teigen shared a Snapchat video to Twitter that every girl who’s ever had a menstrual cycle can relate to: She showed what her skin looks like during that time of the month. Yes, even models break out.
“This is my skin on my period,” Teigen said while turning her head to show the red marks. “Look at it. It’s so angry.”
In case you didn’t know, there is this magical thing that happens to women once a month. It’s magical because the amount of side effects are out of this world. There is the blood that flows from the vagina, and then there are the headaches, nausea, cravings, cramps, and the pimples. Needless to say, Teigen’s “period skin” had the internet saying, “It me.”
Twitter users also commended Teigen for being a role model for others.
As the father of 2 young girls, it's reassuring to see a LITERAL model who is comfortable in her own imperfections. A sincere thank you!— David Isaacson (@davideisaacson) July 31, 2017
One of the reasons I admire you. You don't care to be admired for your looks. You got a big brain. Me, too.— DanaCortez (@DanaCortez) July 31, 2017
PS you haute too
You are the coolest, bravest, most beautiful girl in the world!— Jennifer Williams (@JiffWilliams) July 31, 2017
Thanks, Chrissy Teigen, for always keeping it real.
Vanna Vasquez is a former intern at the Daily Dot whose work focused on viral news, politics, and YouTube. A graduate of the University of Texas at Austin, she has also published bylines with BuzzFeed.