- Seed University might actually be the first good influencer school Tuesday 9:35 PM
- Black couple says they were accused of stealing during marriage proposal Tuesday 6:57 PM
- How to live stream Robert Mueller’s testimony Tuesday 6:00 PM
- ‘MAGA Bomber’ believed that antifa was trying to murder Papa John’s employees Tuesday 5:23 PM
- Forever 21 under fire for sending Atkins diet bars with online orders Tuesday 4:56 PM
- Apple denies boosting its own apps in App Store Tuesday 4:25 PM
- The new Overwatch hero is a naked foot enthusiast, apparently Tuesday 4:19 PM
- Bella Thorne comes out as pansexual Tuesday 3:17 PM
- Macy’s pulls portion-control plates after social media uproar Tuesday 2:59 PM
- John Oliver confirms the internet’s suspicions about that ‘Lion King’ cast photo Tuesday 2:14 PM
- Report: Fake Libra accounts rampant on Facebook, Instagram Tuesday 2:10 PM
- Tennessee neighbors form human chain to help father and son escape ICE Tuesday 1:57 PM
- Google settled two multi-million dollar lawsuits this week Tuesday 1:26 PM
- How to live stream Guadalajara vs. Atletico Madrid Tuesday 12:47 PM
- Forget Area 51—People are planning to storm the Bermuda Triangle Tuesday 12:41 PM
Models, they break out just like the rest of us.
Chrissy Teigen has always been transparent with fans. Whether she’s revealing her struggle with postpartum depression, posting photos of her stretch marks, or sharing her thoughts on being blocked by the president, she has always kept it real. Thus, it comes as no surprise that the internet is praising her for once again for being relatable.
On Monday afternoon, Teigen shared a Snapchat video to Twitter that every girl who’s ever had a menstrual cycle can relate to: She showed what her skin looks like during that time of the month. Yes, even models break out.
“This is my skin on my period,” Teigen said while turning her head to show the red marks. “Look at it. It’s so angry.”
In case you didn’t know, there is this magical thing that happens to women once a month. It’s magical because the amount of side effects are out of this world. There is the blood that flows from the vagina, and then there are the headaches, nausea, cravings, cramps, and the pimples. Needless to say, Teigen’s “period skin” had the internet saying, “It me.”
Twitter users also commended Teigen for being a role model for others.
As the father of 2 young girls, it's reassuring to see a LITERAL model who is comfortable in her own imperfections. A sincere thank you!— David Isaacson (@davideisaacson) July 31, 2017
One of the reasons I admire you. You don't care to be admired for your looks. You got a big brain. Me, too.— DanaCortez (@DanaCortez) July 31, 2017
PS you haute too
You are the coolest, bravest, most beautiful girl in the world!— Jennifer Williams (@JiffWilliams) July 31, 2017
Thanks, Chrissy Teigen, for always keeping it real.
Vanna Vasquez is a former intern at the Daily Dot whose work focused on viral news, politics, and YouTube. A graduate of the University of Texas at Austin, she has also published bylines with BuzzFeed.