According to New York Magazine, Fox News confirmed that O’Reilly is set to return on April 24, but four network sources say there’s talk of removing O’Reilly for good.
O’Reilly himself said he scheduled this vacation last fall, but after the New York Times reported earlier this month on the $13 million O’Reilly and the network paid to settle five sexual harassment claims, leading to three dozen advertisers boycotting the show, lawyers are now doing a “deep dive” into O’Reilly’s past behavior.
The lawyers hired by 21st Century Fox last summer to investigate ousted network founder Roger Ailes are now focused on new sexual harassment claims filed by Factor guest Wendy Walsh last week. Sources told New York Magazine that the host’s future is ultimately up to the Murdoch family, but they’re split—21st Century Fox CEO James Murdoch wants to pull the accused host, while his father Rupert and brother Lachlan are inclined on keeping him. Ailes was booted per James’s recourse, leading some staffers to think O’Reilly may be let go as early as during his vacation.
“The assumption is that he’ll exit in a non-embarrassing way,” one senior Fox News staffer told the publication.
H/T Raw Story