- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise 2 Years Ago
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Today 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Today 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Today 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Today 8:20 AM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Vikings in NFL preseason action Today 8:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chiefs in NFL preseason action Today 6:30 AM
- Chuck E. Cheese recycles pizza is the conspiracy theory that won’t die Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs Rams in NFL preseason action Today 6:00 AM
- Cómo ver el UFC 241: Daniel Cormier vs. Stipe Miocic Today 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC 241: Daniel Cormier vs. Stipe Miocic Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Tottenham Hotspur Friday 6:59 PM
- QAnon supporters claim they couldn’t sport Q attire at Trump rally Friday 5:52 PM
- How to stream Southampton vs. Liverpool Friday 4:55 PM
- See when and where your team plays: The 2019 NFL preseason schedule Friday 4:51 PM
Advertisers are pulling their commercial spots during The O’Reilly Factor over recent reports that Fox News has settled with five women who allege they’ve been sexually harassed and verbally abused by show host Bill O’Reilly.
On Tuesday, CNNMoney reported that Hyundai and Mercedes-Benz have pulled their current and future advertisements during the show, the former stating its decision was made in light of the “recent and disturbing allegations.”
“We will continue to monitor and evaluate the situation as we plan future advertising decisions,” the company said.
Mercedes-Benz issued a similar statement to CNNMoney, saying, “Given the importance of women in every aspect of our business, we don’t feel this is a good environment in which to advertise our products right now.”
The pullouts come three days after the New York Times reported that Fox News and O’Reilly have paid a total of $13 million to five women to avoid lawsuits on allegations of harassment and abuse. Between 2014 and 2016, The O’Reilly Factor raked in a reported $445 million in ad revenue, a number that could potentially falter in the next year if other advertisers take a stand and follow suit against the the third-highest-paid New Yorker in TV news.
CNNMoney reported it has also reached out to more than 20 other companies about their status with the show. Lexus said the company is monitoring the situation, while Jenny Craig stated it condemns all forms of sexual harassment, and dog food company Nutrish declined to comment.
“I expect some advertisers will make adjustment [sic] to their buys and others won’t,” media buyer Louis Roloff told Forbes on Monday. “Historically, though, when shows are impacted, many have gone back to full advertising support.”
Samantha Grasso is a former IRL staff writer for the Daily Dot with a reporting emphasis on immigration. Her work has appeared on Los Angeles Magazine, Death And Taxes, Revelist, Texts From Last Night, Austin Monthly, and she has previously contributed to Texas Monthly.