- Columbia University student goes on white supremacy rant in viral video 2 Years Ago
- PewDiePie promotes YouTube account that features anti-Semitism, Nazi imagery Today 9:20 AM
- FCC investigates major wireless carrier for lying about coverage Today 8:40 AM
- Get this best-selling pressure cooker for half off, today only Today 8:30 AM
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez compares her victory at 28 to Paul Ryan’s—and calls out a double standard Today 8:22 AM
- If you’ve always lusted after a KitchenAid mixer, it’s over $80 off today Today 8:00 AM
- 2018: The year astrology memes exploded on the internet Today 7:00 AM
- The worst conservative hashtags of 2018 Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch HLN online for free Today 6:00 AM
- The top 12 LGBTQ superheroes in DC and Marvel comics Today 6:00 AM
- Woman with Tumblr page devoted to Dylann Roof arrested for plotting terrorism Today 2:32 AM
- How much money do you need to book Beyoncé for your wedding? Monday 8:00 PM
- Twitter is stoked about Netflix’s Fyre Fest documentary Monday 7:37 PM
- Jacquees launches Twitter debate after calling himself ‘King of R&B’ Monday 6:52 PM
- Watch a British politician steal a ceremonial mace to halt Brexit proceedings Monday 6:07 PM
Barack Obama has a new job as Michelle’s personal vacation Instagrammer
Photo via Obama White House/Flickr (Public Domain)
As much as we’d like them to be, it’s safe to say that Barack and Michelle Obama are not just like us. For instance, not all of us would spend our weekend aboard David Geffen’s superyacht with Tom Hanks, Rita Wilson, Bruce Springsteen, and possibly Oprah near the island of Moorea.
But something we can maybe relate to? Getting our dude to take an enviable photo of our glamorized vacation selves to post to social media. Though it seems the results of Barack’s efforts never made it to either of their Instagram accounts, paparazzi photos of the former president snapping pics of his wife offer proof that at least he tried. And the internet is all about it.
Barack Obama is an Instagram Husband pic.twitter.com/OouLr7bjT2
— Madeline Hill (@mad_hill) April 16, 2017
Obama taking a fire pic of Michelle with his iPad is everything I needed tonight pic.twitter.com/8bb5oRQWkH
With time in the Caribbean earlier this year and the past month spent in French Polynesia, the Obamas are making up for all those weekend vacations they didn’t take while on the job—which is much different than the schedule our current president keeps.
H/T Huffington Post
Jessica Machado is the IRL editor of the Daily Dot. Previously, she was an associate editor at Rolling Stone. Her work has been published in the Washington Post, Elle, Vice, Salon, BuzzFeed, Guernica, Bitch, Bust, the Cut, the Awl, the Toast, among others.