- iPhone overloaded? Here’s how to cancel app subscriptions Monday 11:02 PM
- Fan-created ‘app’ lets users experience the final moments of the ill-fated Jeremy Renner app Monday 10:00 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos receives lifetime ban from furry convention Monday 7:49 PM
- Snapchat just made all political ads purchased publicly available Monday 6:12 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Borussia Dortmund in Champions League action Monday 5:39 PM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Napoli in Champions League action Monday 5:19 PM
- How to make real money with Amazon’s Mechanical Turk Monday 5:03 PM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Valencia in the Champions League group stage Monday 4:47 PM
- ‘SNL’ fires Shane Gillis for racist, homophobic comments Monday 4:41 PM
- Ben Shapiro wants accusers to describe Brett Kavanaugh’s penis Monday 4:30 PM
- Twitch suspends streamer for wearing Chun-Li cosplay Monday 4:11 PM
- Report: 8 years of Trump tax returns subpoenaed by prosecutors Monday 3:45 PM
- Netflix lands exclusive streaming rights to ‘Seinfeld’ Monday 3:34 PM
- Jenny Slate sets first comedy special at Netflix Monday 3:05 PM
- #EndSmearFear is aiming to save lives Monday 2:54 PM
As much as we’d like them to be, it’s safe to say that Barack and Michelle Obama are not just like us. For instance, not all of us would spend our weekend aboard David Geffen’s superyacht with Tom Hanks, Rita Wilson, Bruce Springsteen, and possibly Oprah near the island of Moorea.
But something we can maybe relate to? Getting our dude to take an enviable photo of our glamorized vacation selves to post to social media. Though it seems the results of Barack’s efforts never made it to either of their Instagram accounts, paparazzi photos of the former president snapping pics of his wife offer proof that at least he tried. And the internet is all about it.
Barack Obama is an Instagram Husband pic.twitter.com/OouLr7bjT2— Madeline Hill (@mad_hill) April 16, 2017
Obama taking a fire pic of Michelle with his iPad is everything I needed tonight pic.twitter.com/8bb5oRQWkH— Rosa [email protected]ón (@therealescandon) April 17, 2017
With time in the Caribbean earlier this year and the past month spent in French Polynesia, the Obamas are making up for all those weekend vacations they didn’t take while on the job—which is much different than the schedule our current president keeps.
H/T Huffington Post
Jessica Machado is the IRL editor of the Daily Dot. Previously, she was an associate editor at Rolling Stone. Her work has been published in the Washington Post, Elle, Vice, Salon, BuzzFeed, Guernica, Bitch, Bust, the Cut, the Awl, the Toast, among others.