- Twitch streamer’s mom, roommate get into brawl during live broadcast Thursday 8:41 PM
- Top NFL draft pick Nick Bosa scrubs racist, homophobic social media activity Thursday 8:18 PM
- Jared Kushner’s ‘comprehensive immigration plan’ is just 2 bullet points Thursday 8:16 PM
- ‘Lil Billie Xanish’ is the deepfake mashup of Billie Eilish and Lil Xan Thursday 5:10 PM
- Gossip account the Shade Room to launch 3 original series on Instagram Thursday 4:46 PM
- Biden says he asked Obama not to endorse him—but people aren’t buying it Thursday 3:17 PM
- Marvel makes more money than Harry Potter and Star Wars combined Thursday 3:13 PM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’: Obituaries for the fallen heroes Thursday 2:51 PM
- T-Mobile, Verizon admit most Americans won’t see fast 5G Thursday 1:52 PM
- PlayStation Vue is offering a sweet streaming deal for a limited time Thursday 1:42 PM
- Twitter reportedly worried banning white nationalists would also flag some Republicans Thursday 1:31 PM
- Lawyer of cop in viral assault case calls the crime a ‘Facebook misdemeanor’ Thursday 12:33 PM
- Biden’s ‘all men’-focused announcement gets roasted Thursday 11:49 AM
- Skillshare is offering new users one month of premium for free Thursday 10:44 AM
- Report: Facebook is punishing Black people for talking about racism (updated) Thursday 10:15 AM
Barack Obama has a new job as Michelle’s personal vacation Instagrammer
Photo via Obama White House/Flickr (Public Domain)
As much as we’d like them to be, it’s safe to say that Barack and Michelle Obama are not just like us. For instance, not all of us would spend our weekend aboard David Geffen’s superyacht with Tom Hanks, Rita Wilson, Bruce Springsteen, and possibly Oprah near the island of Moorea.
But something we can maybe relate to? Getting our dude to take an enviable photo of our glamorized vacation selves to post to social media. Though it seems the results of Barack’s efforts never made it to either of their Instagram accounts, paparazzi photos of the former president snapping pics of his wife offer proof that at least he tried. And the internet is all about it.
Barack Obama is an Instagram Husband pic.twitter.com/OouLr7bjT2
— Madeline Hill (@mad_hill) April 16, 2017
Obama taking a fire pic of Michelle with his iPad is everything I needed tonight pic.twitter.com/8bb5oRQWkH
With time in the Caribbean earlier this year and the past month spent in French Polynesia, the Obamas are making up for all those weekend vacations they didn’t take while on the job—which is much different than the schedule our current president keeps.
H/T Huffington Post
Jessica Machado is the IRL editor of the Daily Dot. Previously, she was an associate editor at Rolling Stone. Her work has been published in the Washington Post, Elle, Vice, Salon, BuzzFeed, Guernica, Bitch, Bust, the Cut, the Awl, the Toast, among others.