'Bachelor in Paradise' cast members Corinne Olympios and DeMario Jackson

Photos via ABC Press Remix by Samantha Grasso

‘Bachelor in Paradise’ allegedly canceled amid assault allegations

Production has allegedly been cancelled.

 

Samantha Grasso

IRL

Published Jun 12, 2017   Updated May 23, 2021, 3:30 am CDT

Production for ABC’s Bachelor nation spinoff Bachelor in Paradise has come to a halt after “allegations of misconduct.”

Featured Video Hide

According to the Hollywood Reporter, the fourth season recently began filming following a social media announcement on June 3, and was slated to premiere Aug. 8.

Advertisement Hide

“We have become aware of allegations of misconduct on the set of Bachelor in Paradise in Mexico,” Warner Bros. told the publication in a statement on Sunday. “We have suspended production and we are conducting a thorough investigation of these allegations. Once the investigation is complete, we will take appropriate responsive action.”

The spinoff follows previous contestants from the Bachelor and the Bachelorette, who convene at a resort in Sayulita, Mexico on the chance they might find love with one another. ABC announced the initial 16 cast members last week, though the lineup shuffles each week on the show to form new relationships and complicate existing one.

Of the initial 16 contestants are Corinne Olympios, who made it to the final four on bachelor Nick Viall’s season and has been seen twice on this season’s Bachelorette as a friend of bachelorette Rachel Lindsey, and DeMario Jackson, whom Bachelor nation fans recently witnessed Lindsey send home after allegations that he had an unfinished relationship.

According to Steve Carbone, known as Reality Steve, a blogger who shares spoilers before each season, the allegations involve Olympios and Jackson. A fan photo shared to Instagram shows the cast at an airport in Mexico save for the two in question. The cast was allegedly told they were being flown to Houston.

Advertisement Hide

Carbone then alleged that the production halt is actually a full season cancellation and that it’s “not a good situation,” but shared that from what he was told, no one was hurt.

https://twitter.com/RealitySteve/status/874036798015524864

Advertisement Hide

Los Angeles Times film reporter Amy Kaufman supported Carbone’s allegations with a source of her own, alleging that a producer on the show had sued the production for misconduct related to an encounter between Olympios and Jackson. According to Kaufman, the pair didn’t have sex but stated that “things turned into ‘soft core porn'” on the first day of production. The following day, the producer in question had filed a “third party complaint.

The Bachelor shows often rely on one-on-one camera interviews with cast members interspersed between reality show footage. Kaufman Olympios and Jackson were allegedly shown footage of their hookup during their interviews in the days following.

https://twitter.com/AmyKinLA/status/874043323941478400

Advertisement Hide

Neither Olympios nor Jackson have posted about the allegations on Twitter or Instagram, though Jackson has liked one curious fan’s tweet.

DeMario Jackson's Twitter page
Screengrab via demariojackson_/Twitter

Olympios, Jackson, and a representative for Bachelor in Paradise did not immediately return email requests for comment.

Advertisement Hide

H/T the Hollywood Reporter

This headline has been updated.

Share this article
*First Published: Jun 12, 2017, 8:46 am CDT