- Pornhub has a bundle now, Disney+ style Thursday 11:27 PM
- Jacob Wohl’s dad is selling horny calendars of himself for the soldiers Thursday 11:10 PM
- Amanda Palmer dragged for ‘demanding’ coverage of her music Thursday 8:33 PM
- How to get free TikTok followers without downloading a virus Thursday 7:57 PM
- Trump Jr.s ‘Triggered’ topped best-seller’s list with help of RNC Thursday 7:41 PM
- FBI raided millionaire YouTuber’s home, allegedly took everything Thursday 6:55 PM
- A fake Labour party website is spreading disinformation in Britain Thursday 6:16 PM
- Twitter bans cricket club for posting ISIS content in apparent hack Thursday 6:12 PM
- This dad remade his daughter’s NSFW photo—and people are loving it Thursday 5:51 PM
- Teen allegedly posted ‘slave for sale’ Craigslist ad featuring his Black classmate Thursday 5:28 PM
- People are crushed that this teen love story might be a TikTok ‘joke’ Thursday 4:50 PM
- Is Jacob Wohl evading his Twitter ban with Jack Burkman’s account? Thursday 2:06 PM
- Biden’s most perplexing debate answers, explained Thursday 2:03 PM
- How to stream Colts vs. Texans on Thursday Night Football Thursday 12:52 PM
- Netflix drops ‘A Christmas Prince: The Royal Baby’ trailer Thursday 12:43 PM
According to Reuters, Amazon’s site carried these products from third-party sellers, and have since been removed from both U.S. and U.K. online stores.
“All Marketplace sellers must follow our selling guidelines and those who don’t will be subject to action including potential removal of their account,” a statement from an Amazon spokesman read. “The products in question are no longer available.”
.@amazon how lovely is this? A little white boy with a highly insensitive and ignorant ‘Slavery Gets Shit Done’ bib on. Hmm.. did they pick the cotton right amazon? Or no? Gotta love 2018, what a great start. #Amazon #BOYCOTTAMAZON pic.twitter.com/DKKLFH4JKJ— Grace Croft (@Queen___Grace) January 19, 2018
Y'all still rocking with Amazon or nah? Amazon under fire for selling slavery gets shit done shirts hoodies bibs for children and babies... First H&M now amazon😔😔😔😡😡😡Posted by Cha'Bella Don on Saturday, January 20, 2018
While the apparel is highly offensive for glorifying slavery—especially in a country that was founded on the institution of slavery and enforced slave labor for hundreds of years—it also makes light of the conditions of the 40.3 million people who still live as modern-day slaves.
Amazon declined to comment on the apparel to Fortune, and instead referred to its policy that prohibits “products that promote or glorify hatred, violence, racial, sexual, or religious intolerance or promote organizations with such views.”
Several retailers appear to have sold the shirt, or similar apparel with the same slogan, including Byronz Clothing and Styleart. The former has since been taken off Amazon completely, while the latter seller features products such as a Duck Dynasty slogan mug, and a T-shirt of a woman bleeding from her nose and mouth above the word “cocaine.”
While the apparel is still visible from cached searches of the T-shirt slogan, it seems the most prominent places still peddling the apparel, or at least shirts with the same slogan, are sites “T-Shirt Hell” and “NSFW T-Shirts.” Hell, indeed, is where they rightfully belong.
H/T the Root
Samantha Grasso is a former IRL staff writer for the Daily Dot with a reporting emphasis on immigration. Her work has appeared on Los Angeles Magazine, Death And Taxes, Revelist, Texts From Last Night, Austin Monthly, and she has previously contributed to Texas Monthly.