A gun reform advocacy group released a fake front page of a newspaper showing the liberal fear of what could come after President Donald Trump appoints another justice to the Supreme Court—shifting the court to the right for the foreseeable future.
Guns Down, a gun reform group that was formed in 2016, published the fake front page on Sunday evening. The paper, called the End Times, has headlines for several things that left-leaning Americans fear will happen if the Supreme Court has a conservative lean in the future.
The headlines include:
- “Roe v. Wade Overturned: Women fear possible arrest, health ramifications as States prepare to outlaw abortion”
- “Extreme Court: Gays have no right to wed: Christian conservatives celebrating monumental change in federal same-sex marriage laws”
- “States Can’t Ban Guns in Public Places, High Court Finds”
- “Government Efforts to Regulate Greenhouse Gasses Unconstitutional”
- “Extreme Court Finds Assault Weapon Bans Unconstitutional”
WARNING: Another Trump justice will destroy our values and our country. They would make the future unrecognizable. pic.twitter.com/W4KNdwGgN5
— Guns Down America (@GunsDownAmerica) July 2, 2018
Guns Down did not immediately respond to a request for comment by the Daily Dot.
Shortly after Kennedy’s retirement announcement, some people online pleaded with the president to choose Merrick Garland to take the post—the nominee former President Barack Obama put forth before the 2016 election and was blocked from a hearing by Republicans in Congress.