- YouTubers keep uploading racist meme anthem played by New Zealand shooter Today 5:38 PM
- Myspace confirms that a decade-plus of user-uploaded music is gone Today 5:03 PM
- ‘Love, Death & Robots’ suffers from blatant sexism Today 4:38 PM
- Khloe Kardashian faces backlash for Instagram post saying to ‘love thy racist neighbor’ Today 4:07 PM
- This Twitter user wants to expose white YouTubers for racist, transphobic content Today 3:55 PM
- Trump retweeted a QAnon supporter during his Twitter bender Today 1:24 PM
- Katrina Pierson supports Trump tweeting more about Fox than New Zealand shooting Today 1:19 PM
- PewDiePie’s alt-right ties are impossible to ignore Today 1:05 PM
- With this blade, I protect this meme Today 12:48 PM
- Lead actress in ‘The Color Purple’ revival criticized for homophobic post Today 12:39 PM
- ‘Arrested Development’ ends the same way it did the first time—unceremoniously Today 12:10 PM
- Alleged gunman tried to rob YouTuber Adam22 during livestream Today 11:32 AM
- Turkish president used New Zealand shooting footage at campaign rallies Today 11:09 AM
- 8 adorable tea infusers that will warm you with cuteness Today 10:26 AM
- The Super Nintendo Pro is the wireless controller of your dreams Today 10:25 AM
xQc, a wildly popular Twitch bro, thinks travelers are ‘hipster normie retards’
People who travel are “hipster normie retards,” according to xQc, whose controversial viewpoints have carried him from the outskirts of Overwatch fame to become one of the top streamers on Twitch.
xQc’s odd opinion of travelers came this week during a stream of Subnautica, an underwater exploration game. When fellow Twitch streamer Steven ‘Destiny’ Bonnell asked xQc if he would like to travel, the Canadian responded “Um… no traveling is for hipster normie retards.”
Bonnell, clearly taken aback by his response, pressed xQc on his opinion. “Traveling is for normie retards?” a shocked Bonnel asked xQc, whose real name is Félix Lengyel. “Yeah hipster trash,” the popular streamer responded.
Bonnell couldn’t let it go and pressed xQc harder. “People who travel are pretentious douchebags who think traveling the world and seeing things will make them better persons but they’re not,” xQc explained. “And their parents fuel their addictions to travel like fuckin’ little bitch-ass retards.”
“Damn, chill,” a shocked Bonnell responded. “Sometimes people just like to travel.”
Hatred of travel—or at least those who enjoy it—is not xQc’s most controversial opinion. The 23-year-old separated from Overwatch league team Dallas Fuel last March following a string of behavioral issues. His capability as a tank player has carried him far, but since branching out into new games xQc is hinging more on name-recognition than sheer talent.
Any international fans hoping to meet xQc one day may be out of luck. Traveling to him would make you a “normie retard,” after all, and you can bet he’s not going to hop on a plane anytime soon.
- Twitch gamer Elvinelol arrested in child sex sting operation
- Twitch streamer apparently tricked into destroying his PC (updated)
- This Twitch user fell asleep during a livestream—hundreds tuned in to watch
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.