- Witness the wholesome magic of inter-generational conversations on r/AskOldPeople 4 Months Ago
- How to watch Paramount Network online for free Today 5:30 AM
- People are sharing how serving in the military has ruined their lives with #WhyIServe Sunday 5:31 PM
- Gillette ad showing a dad teaching his trans son how to shave has the internet in tears Sunday 4:34 PM
- 4chan’s new troll campaign aims to make the hashtag a white supremacist symbol Sunday 2:49 PM
- Here’s what that ‘cliff wife’ meme is all about Sunday 12:58 PM
- Artist suspended from Facebook, Instagram after posting anti-MAGA artwork Sunday 12:04 PM
- How to watch Serie A online for free Sunday 7:30 AM
- What does ‘uwu’ mean? Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to uninstall the Epic Games Launcher (for real) Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Indianapolis 500 online for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
xQc, a wildly popular Twitch bro, thinks travelers are ‘hipster normie retards’
People who travel are “hipster normie retards,” according to xQc, whose controversial viewpoints have carried him from the outskirts of Overwatch fame to become one of the top streamers on Twitch.
xQc’s odd opinion of travelers came this week during a stream of Subnautica, an underwater exploration game. When fellow Twitch streamer Steven ‘Destiny’ Bonnell asked xQc if he would like to travel, the Canadian responded “Um… no traveling is for hipster normie retards.”
Bonnell, clearly taken aback by his response, pressed xQc on his opinion. “Traveling is for normie retards?” a shocked Bonnel asked xQc, whose real name is Félix Lengyel. “Yeah hipster trash,” the popular streamer responded.
Bonnell couldn’t let it go and pressed xQc harder. “People who travel are pretentious douchebags who think traveling the world and seeing things will make them better persons but they’re not,” xQc explained. “And their parents fuel their addictions to travel like fuckin’ little bitch-ass retards.”
“Damn, chill,” a shocked Bonnell responded. “Sometimes people just like to travel.”
Hatred of travel—or at least those who enjoy it—is not xQc’s most controversial opinion. The 23-year-old separated from Overwatch league team Dallas Fuel last March following a string of behavioral issues. His capability as a tank player has carried him far, but since branching out into new games xQc is hinging more on name-recognition than sheer talent.
Any international fans hoping to meet xQc one day may be out of luck. Traveling to him would make you a “normie retard,” after all, and you can bet he’s not going to hop on a plane anytime soon.
- Twitch gamer Elvinelol arrested in child sex sting operation
- Twitch streamer apparently tricked into destroying his PC (updated)
- This Twitch user fell asleep during a livestream—hundreds tuned in to watch
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.