- New Loch Ness monster video may just confirm giant eel theory Wednesday 8:04 PM
- Instagram to restrict posts promoting diet culture and plastic surgery Wednesday 6:58 PM
- Apple wants to trademark ‘Slofie,’ its term for slow-motion selfies Wednesday 5:51 PM
- Fortnite leak reveals a Batman crossover event may be happening Wednesday 5:32 PM
- The explosion at a bull semen factory generated a lot of obvious jokes Wednesday 4:33 PM
- Jessica Jaymes, adult film star, dead at 43 Wednesday 4:18 PM
- How to stream Falcons vs. Colts in Week 3 Wednesday 4:05 PM
- Beto O’Rourke says he opposes police use of facial recognition tech Wednesday 4:01 PM
- Lawsuit alleges woman was kidnapped by Lyft driver and gang-raped Wednesday 3:19 PM
- Facebook and Ray-Ban want to replace smartphones with smart glasses Wednesday 3:13 PM
- Sirfetch’d is the gallant new Pokémon winning everyone’s heart Wednesday 3:09 PM
- Danielle Cohn’s dad says she’s not really 15 years old Wednesday 2:14 PM
- Chilling ad by Sandy Hook Promise features kids using school supplies during a shooting Wednesday 1:50 PM
- Don’t fall victim to this Venmo texting scam Wednesday 1:18 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in October 2019 Wednesday 12:55 PM
According to PWinsider.com, via 411mania, WWE star Paige wrote on an Instagram Story that a fan had pie-faced her—essentially forcefully putting his hand on her face and pushing— while she was in the passenger seat of a car as she was leaving the Money in the Bank PPV show in Chicago. The fan also reportedly told Paige that she needed to lose weight. One witness who apparently was on the scene told Wrestlingnews.co that the man actually might have slapped Paige, whose real name is Saraya Bevis.
Wrote Paige on her Instagram Story: “To the ‘fan’ that decided to pie face me through my car window and then tell me to ‘lose some weight Paige’.. you inspired me to keep being myself and eat whatever the f I want. Good luck with your karma!”
Here’s the Instagram photo, captured by Wrestlingnews.co:
A YouTuber recorded this video, apparently after the incident. After taking a selfie with another fan, who explains to her that he’s not an asshole, Paige is seen talking to a security guard.
Last year, nude photos of Paige were hacked and uploaded to the internet, and she tweeted, “Personal and private photos of mine were stolen and unfortunately they were shared publicly without my consent.” Last July, Paige was suspended from the company for 60 days for the second violation of the WWE’s wellness program.
Paige had to retire from the ring at the age of 25 after suffering a neck stinger while taking a kick to the back of the head from WWE star Sasha Banks. Paige—who is one of the co-stars of E!’s Total Divas—is now the on-air general manager of the WWE Smackdown show.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.