- How to stream Mexico vs. Brazil live in the U-17 World Cup final Today 3:00 AM
- Influencer gets prison time for performing illegal cosmetic procedures on followers Saturday 5:13 PM
- Parent immediately regrets baby monitor after seeing ‘possessed’ baby Saturday 3:53 PM
- Buttigieg used Kenyan stock photo to promote plan for Black America Saturday 2:29 PM
- Disney+ is the best streaming service for families available today Saturday 1:43 PM
- Netflix to amend Nazi docuseries after being accused of rewriting history Saturday 1:09 PM
- Everything you need to know about TikTok Saturday 1:00 PM
- Screaming drummer girl steals hearts with passionate Nirvana cover Saturday 12:50 PM
- The Kardashians receiving backlash for food fight Instagram post Saturday 10:26 AM
- How to stream Artem Lobov vs. Jason Knight in BKFC Saturday 9:00 AM
- Lizzo sued by Postmates runner she accused of stealing her food Saturday 8:39 AM
- How to stream Jan Blachowicz vs. Ronaldo ‘Jacare’ Souza on UFC Fight Night Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to watch Georgia vs. Auburn live Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Navy vs. Notre Dame live Saturday 3:30 AM
- The actor who played Greedo is just as confused by ‘maclunkey’ as you are Friday 4:57 PM
I applied to be Wu-Tang’s unpaid social media intern
No college credit, either.
Why does it feel as though the Wu-Tang Clan’s latest escapades are all about satirizing the Internet’s toxic effect on the music industry? First there was the one-of-a-kind new album, Once Upon a Time in Shaolin—asking price $5 million—that at least one man wants to buy and destroy. Now it’s a Craigslist job posting for an unpaid social media manager position.
Behold, the list of qualifications for repping the Wu online:
Wu-Tang Management is currently looking for people that are versed in social media networking and also up on the newest social networking trends. We are looking for individuals that are able to set appointed times thorough [sic] the day to do social media updates and stay consistent with posts. The perfect candidate would be someone that is available for various events to document footage and pictures on all social media outlets i.e facebook, twitter, instagram, etc.
What we are looking for:
Excellent written communication skills, with ability to communicate with diverse audiences
Interest in the music/entertainment industry
Experience with social networking (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Ning, Blogspot, etc.)
Well organized with attention to detail and ability to carry out tasks independently
Ability to meet deadlines
Before you get excited, you should know that the position is based in New Jersey. But, hailing from the armpit state myself, I couldn’t resist the chance to be SEO janitor for the 36 chambers. We’ll update if—or, realistically, when—my lazy, résumé-less application lands me the job.
Miles Klee is a novelist and web culture reporter. The former editor of the Daily Dot’s Unclick section, Klee’s essays, satire, and fiction have appeared in Lapham’s Quarterly, Vanity Fair, 3:AM, Salon, the Awl, the New York Observer, the Millions, and the Village Voice. He's the author of two odd books of fiction, 'Ivyland' and 'True False.'