- Watch out! Tonight’s episode of ‘Game of Thrones’ leaked online Today 3:32 PM
- Videos of people working may be the best thing on TikTok right now Today 1:46 PM
- How to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8, episode 2 for free Today 7:00 AM
- Gendry is making a new weapon for Arya Stark—but what is it? Today 6:30 AM
- The live-action Halo series could be Showtime’s most ambitious project yet Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Turner Classic Movies for free Today 5:30 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Athletic Bilbao online for free Today 5:00 AM
- ‘Star Trek’s Jonathan Frakes calls out your lies with this new meme Saturday 3:46 PM
- #JusticeForLucca trends after video shows police slam Black teen’s head into pavement Saturday 3:11 PM
- The internet is shocked to learn that Goombas do, in fact, have arms Saturday 2:02 PM
- PayPal, GoFundMe cut off armed militia that detains migrants at border Saturday 1:16 PM
- Barnwood theft may be on the rise because of ‘Fixer Upper’—and fans aren’t having it Saturday 12:23 PM
- Literary Twitter calls out Dzanc Books for Islamophobic, racist novel Saturday 11:40 AM
- How to watch Crawford vs. Khan online Saturday 10:00 AM
- Beyoncé has 2 more projects coming to Netflix after ‘Homecoming’ Saturday 9:53 AM
How to watch Childish Gambino’s film ‘Guava Island’ for free
It’s cheaper than going to Coachella.
Donald Glover, aka Childish Gambino, is releasing a new film that’s sure to go viral as soon as it airs. Guava Island tells the story of a musician trying to throw a festival for the masses to enjoy.
If that sounds a little too familiar to recent events in music festival history, you’ve probably seen the Fyre Fest documentaries. IMDB describes the film as, “A tropical thriller that casts Donald Glover as a musician with designs on pulling off a scheme to rob his way into the good life, which quickly gets him in over his head.”
If Glover wasn’t enough to lock an instant hit, Rihanna stars as his love interest. Letitia Wright (Black Panther) and Nonso Anozie (Ender’s Game) join Glover and Rihanna in the powerhouse cast. Glover’s brother Stephen wrote the script.
The film debuts ahead of Childish Gambino’s set at Coachella, one of the most famous music festivals in modern history. It is directed by Hiro Murai, who also directed the powerful “This is America” music video. (He’s also a director on Glover’s FX series Atlanta.) Given the setting, subject nature, and their track record for thought-provoking artistry, we expect this film to quickly dominate online.
Here’s everything you need to know to watch Guava Island for free.
Guava Island cast
- Donald Glover as Deni Maroon
- Rihanna as Kofi Novia
- Letitia Wright as Yara Love
- Nonso Anozie as Red Cargo
How to watch Guava Island for free
The film will air on Amazon Prime Video on Saturday, April 13 at 12:01 am PT. According to Vanity Fair, the movie will be free for Prime members for 18 hours.
If you’re at Coachella, you can catch Guava Island all weekend at a specially constructed theater made for this special collaboration. Us plebeians can’t afford Coachella tickets though, so the former is probably your best option. Luckily, Amazon Prime is totally free for a month before you commit to a year.
- Cost: $12.99 per month (after 30-day free trial)
- Devices: Amazon Fire Stick, Fire TV, Fire tablets, and Fire phone; Roku, Google TV, TiVo, Nvidia Shield, PlayStation 3 and 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Wii
Amazon Prime Video is up there with Netflix and Hulu on the yet-to-be-constructed Mount Rushmore of online streaming services. Access to Amazon Prime’s video library is only one of the perks you get with Prime, chief among them being free two-day shipping. Still, Amazon’s library is as massive in scope and scale as its competitors. Aside from catching the Guava Island premiere, you’ll find big hit blockbusters like Transformers: The Dark Knight, Baywatch, and Star Trek, as well as seasons of popular TV shows like Downton Abbey, The Sopranos, and Eastbound and Down. And like any great streaming service, there’s a slew of fantastic original programming, including Transparent, The Man in the High Castle, and the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Jaime Carillo is a writer for Pure Nintendo and a plucky YouTube cook. He specializes in writing about console gaming and kitchen gadgets. It comes naturally, considering he's either wielding a massive cleaver or Switch Pro controller at any given point. When he's not cruising through a drive-thru at 2am, he's baking shokupan or whipping up a big pot of Japanese curry. He enjoys retro gaming, geopolitics, and Vic Berger videos.